• This poll is a good idea

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
Genuine opinions of the users of ASN. A general election is comming up in the real world so maybe a mini points of veiw on ASN. So the staff and admin know our feelings. All votes are anonymous, that way, no one gets shot in the foot.

THIS POLL IS BRINGING TO THE ATTENTION OF OTHERS THE OVER ALL FEELINGS OF THE BAD BITS OF THE FORUM!!! (as there seems to be some confusion) Like any Large organisation, its somtimes the small things that irritate us. so nows you chance to say what bits (other than me so it seems) irritate you!

THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK ON THE FORUM STAFF, THE FORUM ADMIN OR THE FORUM MEMBERS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh as in, no one can see whos voted for what... buttons there for me, says vote now

its not perfect, nothing can be perfect, someone will always have an issue with something, but out of all the forums ive been on (quite a few over the years) this is by far the best for many reasons, the layout, the people, the way its moderated, event organisation

areas for improvement? the classifieds, the posts/pictures overlapping thing, sometimes the site is really slow, sometimes i cant get on at all!!

all relatively small things i think which im sure will get ironed out, ive not got a clue what it takes to run a forum of this size but im sure its no mean feat so dont like to moan about things unless its necessary

going back to the moderating thing, hats off to all mods i think, the last forum i was on was over moderated so bad it killed the 'atmosphere' and there was no community spirit, but on here i think theres an excellant balance of poking fun and banter whilst keeping the forum neat and tidy ie no slander or really bad/excessive use of bad language so anyone browsing the site wont be put off by chavvy 'txt spk' and loads of swearing but still see we can have a good laugh :)

So out of 25 options 23 are criticizing?
This isn't an attack on you, just an observation.
Try running a forum like this yourself and see how much time you get to devote to it before losing interest. The staff who run this forum do it very well, all you have to do is look at other car forums to see how well they are run.

I voted "Poll is pointless", purely because if you have any issues with the forum you should have a quick word with one of the admin.

I can't complain about the site. Yep, it's a bit slow at times, but other than that it's spot on. Funny, entertaining and informative.

In my early days of coming here I had the odd run in, but with a bit of understanding from both sides it's a pleasure to be here, daily, for more hours than I should be, when I really should be doing other stuff!

So, users AND staff..... Take a bow son(s), take a bow ! :salute:

So out of 25 options 23 are criticizing?
This isn't an attack on you, just an observation.
Try running a forum like this yourself and see how much time you get to devote to it before losing interest. The staff who run this forum do it very well, all you have to do is look at other car forums to see how well they are run.

I voted "Poll is pointless", purely because if you have any issues with the forum you should have a quick word with one of the admin.

I agree with what Sidi said; the poll is slightly (very) one sided.

There are lots of options in the poll that come in couples e.g. the site is too fast/too slow.... there are too many sections/not enough sections.

Where are the options to say 'the xxxxxx is just right'??

And it continues all the way through..... too organised/unorganised... overpowered/underpowered.... needs more staff/needs less staff.... etc etc.

This poll is about as balanced as a seesaw with Pavarotti on one end and posh spice on the other.

You sure you aren't using this poll as an outlet to air some of your grievances??? I think you are mate :yes: :detective2:

Been on a few other forums and this one is great, the only down side is it runs slow most nights which is annoying but hey it happens, otherwise the Mods do a good job and everyones really helpful, friendly and the banter is good too. Well done!

New poll

I think Alpine is...?

Trying to stir something up?
Playing silly buggers ?
Or all of the above?

:icon_thumright:

if it was to voice my beef it would not be anything like it is. i have beef with 1 person on this forum and both that person and Factionone know this. Infact, alot of what the options in that poll are bounced off of the hour and half phone call i had with Factionone last night. I.E is the forum hot and cold, is it fat or thin kinda options says that there is a varience of options. yes there not your average questions but this is not a average forum. there are nearly 46000 members that use this place so all veiws are not going to be the same, most of which have no problems. But there are on a daily basis alot of other members that sit on MSN bitching all night about the above comments. So for people that have thought certain things like, "there are alot of botty lickers on ASN" (which is said at least once a week by someones one way or another) then this poll is a good, fair statistical way to get that accross, WITHOUT causing yet ANOTHER "my d*cks bigger than yours" bitching thread.

There are also options to say this site is fine how it is, i.e "this site is perfect, its sophisticated" so if you think that.. vote that simples. The average of questions asked ARE negative i will agree, but these are the negative things that OTHERS are winging about and moan about to Factionone and other members of staff. theres no point putting options that are obvious. the sky is blue... water is wet... theres no point as we all know this already.

The comments are typical of some of the users on this forum, bad Alpine, its your fault Alpine, stop doing it Alpine. Just because im the one who made the poll based on other peoples thoughts as well as mine its me retaliating about something or other?? lol Vote pompous....... coz your acting like it.

Fact: Members bitch and moan to Admin about this and that on a daily basis
Fact: Members dont use the forum as much due to some of the above issues.
Fact: Admin cant read every post on this forum, they are not super beings .(as much as they think they are) :respekt:
Fact: This poll is a perfect way for everyone to have a non confrontive voice of opinion.
Fact: i cant spell for sh1t, before yet another smart ar$e starts!

to many people walking round with there head in the sand... if this makes me a bad person for highlighting then so be it.

This is how i look at it... If you have the chance to tell your boss hes an AR$e without any comeback and still keep your job then your going to do it. If you have the chance to tell your much loved forum its got a few issues with no come back, you should be able to do it.

If a mod put this up there would be no problem.... get your heads round whos put up the poll and answer the questions!!

Last edited:
Bottom line mate.... if you have a poll with 23 negatives and 2 positives what's the point? The result can only be negative.

If you want a fair result then surely there has to be a positive and a negative choice for each point made, e.g. "is the site dog sh*t" AND "is the site the dog's b*ll*cks!!"
Otherwise you're just gonna get those who think something is negative voting and those who want to vote positively not being able to because the option isn't there.

But all of that out of the way, it's going to be an interesting thread. Possibily controversial too. Something I like! :icon_thumright:

PS: As for your beef or feeling about the site having nothing to do with you starting this poll, I still reckon there's some relation.
And if i am right, then :respekt: to you, cos at least you said it (kind of).

New poll

I think Alpine is... a sexy man..

Trying to stir something up nope no need, facts are facts..
Playing silly buggers only on a wednesday..
Or all of the above that all depends on what way you look at it!

:icon_thumright:

kissis! x x x x

So really this 'poll' is a "what ALPINE don't like about ASN" thing. That would have been a better suited title. Yes go ahead have your opinion I agree the site can be slow there are bad things that need sorting however you need to remember that the Mods/Admin do this for free. We sit here day in day out listing to you bitching about how s**t we are and what we can do to improve, what about the good bits?? The support and advice we offer for instance. Ok maybe not me because after all I am just a girl but the likes of Byzan A4, Jojo Vorhees Staz etc etc those boys know what they are talking about and are ready to offer you FREE advice whenever you need it.
You pay nothing to be a member of this forum and there are forums out there where you have to pay and its twice as bad as this so I personaly think and this is my opinion (and of course we are all allowed one) you should wind your neck in and stop trying to cause trouble just because someone has said something you dont agree with.

Thanks
Stacey
x

My personal opinion is that the forum is too segregated, certain people post in the model specific sections which is fine as that’s the model of car you own but don't mix well with the other model specific sections.

Also I’m not a fan of the classifieds, they are not user friendly. A restricted sub forum where only the author can post would be ideal.

Well said Stacey. Nobody is forced to use ASN and there is no cost associated with being a member, so if you don't like it don't use it!

Well said Stacey. Nobody is forced to use ASN and there is no cost associated with being a member, so if you don't like it don't use it!

i agree... please people... read...
THIS POLL IS BRINGING TO THE ATTENTION OF OTHERS THE OVER ALL FEELINGS OF THE BAD BITS OF THE FORUM!!! (as there seems to be some confusion) Like any Large organisation, its somtimes the small things that irritate us. so nows you chance to say what bits (other than me so it seems) irritate you!

THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK ON THE FORUM STAFF, THE FORUM ADMIN OR THE FORUM MEMBERS!!!

why is everyone so up tight about the fact there are issues that need addressing?? do you not want these bits fixed? or is it because I posted the poll? I have said many times already, this forum is good, better than most... but these things are here. It aint just me, its just a shame the other members i talk to via msn/phone etc who have also mentioned these things are not backing me up. Shame really... hope your all getting a buzz out of not saying nothing!

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THIS FORUM. get this in you head. but please.. carry on commenting, after all this is what i aimed for, peoples opinions/suggestion of ASN. Haters need to get off there high horse!

There are better ways of getting your point accross than giving people the choice of 23negative answers and 2 positive, its bias right from the start. the first thing you see when you look at this thread is a huge list of I dont like this that or the other so people are not going to be ar**d with commenting when the desition has inevitably already been made. Surly the idea of a poll is to get people's opinions but in a non-bias way. Its just bad advertising if you ask me (In my opinion of course)

you have missed my point. you know what im getting at as you are one of the MSN`ers many of times speaking about things. Shame i had to mention it but seems i am on my own and people would rather go with what others think.

Last edited by a moderator:
My personal opinion is that the forum is too segregated, certain people post in the model specific sections which is fine as that’s the model of car you own but don't mix well with the other model specific sections.
Spot on mate, the general section could be a lot busier for general chat, but on this forum, the 8L boys like to stay in the 8L section, and the the 8P boys the same, and as such, personal banta stays within the model specific forums. I've seen so many threads die because I moved it into 'General Chat'!

Also I'm not a fan of the classifieds, they are not user friendly. A restricted sub forum where only the author can post would be ideal.

Also agree with this and I have suggested this to the guys above, but I think the current system is staying.

^this is what i wanted from this thread^ not all the other bits. Questions, thoughts and answers.

so much for not taking things personally on an internet forum huh !

ASN has it's problems, so does everything from large companies to small groups of people, it doesnt make it a bad place to be.

:bye:

goingroundincircles.jpg

i never said ASN was a bad place to be mark.

i aint gotta a problem with you, u and stacey come as one so..... :ermm:

:icon_thumright: could you poss use your powers to delete us bickering please so the already mullerd thread can get back to ganging up on me please :)

In a democracy you have the freedom to vote, and as such, the one with the most votes wins.

This poll is pointless wins with 42.11%

As for something contructive to say?
I joined this forum just after I had put a deposit down on my car, and bought the sticker before I got the car. I wanted to know hte good bits and bad bits about the S-Line A4 Avant B7. Did I have to search through lots and lots of posts? No, I went straight to the B7 A4 section where I found all the information I needed. It saved me a lot of time.
Now picture your average new to Audi potential purchaser, where can he find the info he wants? Real life experienced info and not just sales blurb? And they can find that info with relative ease thanks to the layout.
Forums like this are not just for the regulars, its a place to hold information thats useful to others.

Just for info, I used to be President of the Ford Sierras Owners club. I held that position for 2 1/2 years before standing down, during which time I increased the paid membership from 115 to 235. The forum layout was all mine, the ideas on how to run the club were all mine, and they were sucessfull and it worked. The club went from smallish social gatherings and show meets to a club stand that won awards.
So yes, I have a tad experience of running a forum and a club. And believe me, it takes a lot of time and comitment to run it well.

Just for clarification as I dont know lots yet, are Stacey n Mark a pair??? Just wondering, ta

Yep, getting married in June, we didnt meet on here. We met some of our best friends on here, and it seems lost them too.

So much for it only being on the internet huh!

Yep, getting married in June, we didnt meet on here. We met some of our best friends on here, and it seems lost them too.

So much for it only being on the internet huh!

Well I wish you both all the best for the future and hope you both have a great (stress free!!) day in June. Yeh, it is a place to meet friends and am sure some friendships can be cemented at meets! Hope you dont loose him, sure it can be smoothed over.

lmao.. i did ask for the bickering to be deleted but got insulted instead. i can handle everyone else shouting at me.... maybe out the 46000 members someone will understand what i was getting at. :)

alpine, you've obviously listened to peoples thoughts about asn and as people tend to pick up on the bad points more than the good points its probably mostly been negative thoughts?

so you thought to put together the poll to highlight the 'worst' areas and as by majority vote maybe the admin could concentrate on fixing 'x' first, none of the problems above will be nothing new to the admin but they are probably trying to tackle all of them at once, a problem shared a problem halved etc etc

as someone said above people tend to stay in their model specific areas and dont venture into general chats etc so rather than voicing their views they just tolerate the niggles, and i think this was meant for those people to express themselves, but its obviously gone horribly wrong :(

Status
Not open for further replies.