Top Gear on BBC2 tonight

Thats one expensive weekend from Scotland ! The 'ring is good on a bike though. Been three times and although you could have timed my lap with a calender, managed 175ish on the last straight. All this lunacy in the land of regulation, Germany. Family cars with dogs hanging out of the window, Reliant Robins, local hero's on Porche GT2's.... Go figure.....

Rick

I'm definately going again in '05. If there's enough interest on here I'll gather it together and include you all with the details of my trip.

However......I guarantee that most of the people now saying there'll go won't. For the last four years I've organised a trip as people say they're interested only to have 75% drop out when push comes to shove.

Let's see what happens? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

need too see if i can beat clarksons time in a diesel too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif i doubt it

I'll will go, and no im not on a personal level with dog features! lol.

Dont think it was kinda cool to throw something "used" back though, not original, but point taken! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I agree if it was Clarksons SL55 i doubt he would be thrashing it around as much! Doesnt look very forgiving that track!

YOGi

Im up for going.
Think ill need to restrick my car to about 40MPH to be safe.
My foot has a split personality sometimes it drives fast sometimes it does not i dont want to get caught out.

It would be a good experiance ive never driven one of my cars on a track before.

Topgear is only on at 11.30pn tonight BBC2 and that is a repeat of the Nurburgring show. Normal schedule redues next sunday at 8pm.

All information correct at posting according to radiotimes.com!!!

[ QUOTE ]
FactionOne said:
5 Minutes folks!

Regards,

Rob.

[/ QUOTE ]

cheers for warning, never remember lol
watchin now

Yeah good show tonight thumbs up to the blind guy driving round the track /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif yeah porsche challenge was funny.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guys what was the time of the new golf gti round the track??? Thanks

YOGi

cant remember the time but it was slower than the type R and the cupra R

Dont forget it was a V6and3/4 not a V8.

Lol @ V6.75... anyways, good show indeed tonight, and quite liking the new Golf GTI, time was under 1.40 methinks, 1.52/53 is Suzuki Liana(sp) territory.

For anyone who missed any of Top Gear... including the GTI... It's repeated tomorrow night (well technically tonight as I write this) - 23:20 on BBC2.

I think jojo's on the money. My memory is telling me the Civic was 1:32.x and the Golf was 1:36/37 - but it is rather late and I'm only sitting on here because it's too stuffy to sleep, my head was asleep hours ago. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Anyway, we'll be able to find out the times for certain tomorrow night!

Regards,

Rob.

It was 1.33.? I seem to remember. A second slower than the Leon and Civic, a second quicker than the Megane and Mini Cooper S Works. For info, was a manual not a DSG (which is supposed to be a bit quicker).

Aha cheers guys. Looks quite tasty the new golf /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
peanut said:
It was 1.33.? I seem to remember. A second slower than the Leon and Civic, a second quicker than the Megane and Mini Cooper S Works. For info, was a manual not a DSG (which is supposed to be a bit quicker).

[/ QUOTE ]

The CTR was quickest, followed by the new Golf, then the rest of the field, LCR, Mini Cooper S and Megane RS(last three in no specific order btw)