JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 66 of 66
  1. #41
    The Maestro's Avatar
    S3 ~ MTM 330BHP ~ Milltek TBE

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    325
    There are an equal number of reasons why 'they' would cover anything up as not but anyone with a modicum of selflessness and open-mindedness would accept that we can't be the only life in the universe.

    Quantum Physics develops the advance of speed and destruction - the faster we go the more we can destroy. Advanced technology would suggest that as we can now fly at 1000mph we can also produce a bomb with an energy wave from its epicentre that can wipe out a small Country - I'm thinking of Hiroshima in 1959, 50 years ago, so what we can/could do now is worrying! So if 'life' out there ever made its way to our door in a very advanced space-ship with uber-amazing technology, imagine what one of its photon torpedoes might end up doing to our little world. Spread that fact and yes, panic would ensue and a cover-p might be in order.

    Gene Rodenberry, the creator of Star Trek, was a member of "The Cirle Of Nine". Research it and ask yourself if the content of Star Treck's technology was based on scientific theory, is it not perhaps how things could evolve. Trekies out there who know the evolution of the story and its culture in detail will perhaps more readily understand what I am saying.

    And please, do not think I believe that Star Trek is real but it is a very sound model of how things could, and probably will evolve. Unfortunately we won't live long enough for you all to know I'm right.
    ~ The Maestro ~

    • S3 MTM (Current)
    • A4 Avant S-Line 3.0L TDI
    • A4 Avant S-Line 2.0L TDI

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #42
    Audijarvis's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    143
    One other reason, and I believe the most obvious, for keeping life on other planets away from the general population of the earth, is the religious implications.

    After centuries of religious teachings, they would have to throw away the book and start again (the dead sea scrolls would suddenly be a little out of date)

  4. #43
    The Maestro's Avatar
    S3 ~ MTM 330BHP ~ Milltek TBE

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    325
    Well, if the Catholic Church had anything to do with suppression or cover-ups I would not be surprised. Seriously.
    ~ The Maestro ~

    • S3 MTM (Current)
    • A4 Avant S-Line 3.0L TDI
    • A4 Avant S-Line 2.0L TDI

  5. #44
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,013
    Personally I believe the star trek fiction is a peek at what will become, its a natural evolution of technology, its probably inspired people to think beyond the boundaries of normal thought process/box anyway, I loved watching it when growing up man.

    Church/religion are the evil IMHO, caused/causes more trouble in this world than anything else.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  6. #45
    Turkster's Avatar
    Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    OMG!!! I've got a headache now!!!!
    You want to be inside my head then! its a strange place to be at the best of times!

  7. #46
    Turkster's Avatar
    Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post
    Well, if the Catholic Church had anything to do with suppression or cover-ups I would not be surprised. Seriously.
    You don't want to know about what they have got locked up in chains in there volts

  8. #47
    Turkster's Avatar
    Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    yeah well, i still cant get my head around what was filling the void before the universe was created, and what was there before that...as there couldnt have been nothing...but at the same time it had to start somewhere...but then something had to start it.....another unanswerable question than serves to keep me awake at night when i have nothing more interesting to muse over...
    Now this is an interesting statement, the question one may ask of such a question is why should there have ever been nothing in the first place? who said there was nothing to start with, maybe its always been there ?

  9. #48
    Turkster's Avatar
    Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post
    There are an equal number of reasons why 'they' would cover anything up as not but anyone with a modicum of selflessness and open-mindedness would accept that we can't be the only life in the universe.

    Quantum Physics develops the advance of speed and destruction - the faster we go the more we can destroy. Advanced technology would suggest that as we can now fly at 1000mph we can also produce a bomb with an energy wave from its epicentre that can wipe out a small Country - I'm thinking of Hiroshima in 1959, 50 years ago, so what we can/could do now is worrying! So if 'life' out there ever made its way to our door in a very advanced space-ship with uber-amazing technology, imagine what one of its photon torpedoes might end up doing to our little world. Spread that fact and yes, panic would ensue and a cover-p might be in order.

    Gene Rodenberry, the creator of Star Trek, was a member of "The Cirle Of Nine". Research it and ask yourself if the content of Star Treck's technology was based on scientific theory, is it not perhaps how things could evolve. Trekies out there who know the evolution of the story and its culture in detail will perhaps more readily understand what I am saying.

    And please, do not think I believe that Star Trek is real but it is a very sound model of how things could, and probably will evolve. Unfortunately we won't live long enough for you all to know I'm right.
    You may just find what you are seeking here!

  10. #49
    Audijarvis's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkster View Post
    Now this is an interesting statement, the question one may ask of such a question is why should there have ever been nothing in the first place? who said there was nothing to start with, maybe its always been there ?
    Schrodinger's Cat?

  11. #50
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkster View Post
    You want to be inside my head then! its a strange place to be at the best of times!
    LSD does that to people lmfao

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  12. #51
    Turkster's Avatar
    Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Audijarvis View Post
    Schrodinger's Cat?
    ah quantum mechanics, we will be onto string theory next ?

  13. #52
    Turkster's Avatar
    Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    LSD does that to people lmfao
    I did try that stuff once, it was an interesting experiment for sure, one must be of a strong mind to be able to cope with that occasion, not many folk today could or even should use it, I prefer to Astral Travel nowadays (also know as OBE) much more of a cleaner experience but does leave you rather tired in the mornings when you have been up all night floating about!

  14. #53
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,013
    Sounds like you did it more than once, didnt really do anything for me, as you say once tried & all did was make me laugh for 5 hours, pointless waste of time, weed also same although I may have partaked more than once but that also was pointless, just makes you sleepy, the rest, well lets leave those times for my own memories huh lmfao

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  15. #54
    Audijarvis's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkster View Post
    I did try that stuff once, it was an interesting experiment for sure, one must be of a strong mind to be able to cope with that occasion, not many folk today could or even should use it, I prefer to Astral Travel nowadays (also know as OBE) much more of a cleaner experience but does leave you rather tired in the mornings when you have been up all night floating about!
    Took my bike for a spin on a tab one night, got to 140 before backing off and parking it.

    Just far to much information to absorb.

    As for the video, I could probably take him seriously if he didn't look like Grisly Adams

  16. #55
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,013
    Bit like light speed in the millenium falcon huh, lmfao been there.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  17. #56
    The Maestro's Avatar
    S3 ~ MTM 330BHP ~ Milltek TBE

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    325
    Me thinks some people are taking the piss! Lol
    ~ The Maestro ~

    • S3 MTM (Current)
    • A4 Avant S-Line 3.0L TDI
    • A4 Avant S-Line 2.0L TDI

  18. #57
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,013
    Dont know about that, but I certainly need 1, brb

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  19. #58
    Turkster's Avatar
    Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Sounds like you did it more than once, didnt really do anything for me, as you say once tried & all did was make me laugh for 5 hours, pointless waste of time, weed also same although I may have partaked more than once but that also was pointless, just makes you sleepy, the rest, well lets leave those times for my own memories huh lmfao
    I may have done many things more than once but them days are over now, My body is a temple and all that

  20. #59
    Turkster's Avatar
    Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Dont know about that, but I certainly need 1, brb
    Wash your hands

  21. #60
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkster View Post
    My body is a temple and all that
    & now its an amusement park (Hellboy 2)

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  22. #61
    Sarah's A3's Avatar
    MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cheshire to Perth AU
    Posts
    5,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkster View Post
    You want to be inside my head then! its a strange place to be at the best of times!
    Lol, is it now!!! Maybe thats the answer we are all looking for!!! WE, the earth, galaxy etc etc are in your head!!!!! Imagine that!!!!!


    Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

  23. #62
    Sarah's A3's Avatar
    MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cheshire to Perth AU
    Posts
    5,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkster View Post
    I may have done many things more than once but them days are over now, My body is a temple and all that
    Or your play pen!!!


    Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

  24. #63
    Turkster's Avatar
    Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    Or your play pen!!!
    you could be onto something there!

  25. #64
    Turkster's Avatar
    Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    Lol, is it now!!! Maybe thats the answer we are all looking for!!! WE, the earth, galaxy etc etc are in your head!!!!! Imagine that!!!!!
    Or am i really here? for all you know i could be a computer program putting words on your screen just to mess with your head,

  26. #65
    Sarah's A3's Avatar
    MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cheshire to Perth AU
    Posts
    5,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkster View Post
    Or am i really here? for all you know i could be a computer program putting words on your screen just to mess with your head,
    Yeh maybe, now wheres that virus programme lol


    Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

  27. #66
    Turkster's Avatar
    Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    Yeh maybe, now wheres that virus programme lol
    Its in here somewhere, I cant remember of i put it by the power pack or under the CPU, Must be hide and seek time again

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO