oh great..

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
Ive just been made redundent. just like that.

1 phone call. thats it. Thanks!

Well I'm sorry to hear this & I have to say in such a ****** rude discourteous way, 1 phone call, didnt even have decensy to call you in, that for me is just typical of companies disrespect for there employees

its ok... they pay me redundency before they get there 30k van back. simples! the battery and 3 random sensors or in the boot of my audi! lol

Whats the companie? How can do that over phone! Indecent A**holes!
Feel for you dude!

Are the company you worked for bust? If not that's illegal - I used to be a manager for Telewest as it was known before Virgin Media - I had to manage 13 engineers through a redundancy period and consultation. They have to give you 90 days notice, either you work them, or you get them as 'Gardening leave'.

I'd say best bit of advice is to book yourself an appointment with the Citizens Advice mate - They'll be able to give you all your rights, these companies will try and mug you off if they think they can!
You can't tell someone over the phone, that's for sure...

Hope you get something sorted and a nice little cheque also :icon_thumright:

That's crap mate, take them for whatever you can. How long have you worked for them?

What a load of ***** mate! do I recall you was only saying the other day how much you loved your job?
Sorry to hear bud!

Matt

well, your contract will hopefully have a months notice period or longer, which will take you over the 3 years.

My mrs got made redundant years ago, she was offered another position if she wanted it, she took it as a trial period, then once she had got over the next years service she told them she wanted redundancy, and walked into another job (where i met her).

Hope it goes well for you mate. What are you qualified in?

not qualified in much if im honest. i chose the stupid life fron the age of about 13 and didnt wake up to the real world till i was about 20!! So as far as qualifications go, i have nothing to proove. i had about 6 C&G at collage and thats it! Im quite good at most stuff but aint got a bit of paper to say so! Im also not very able any more so no one is going to employ an unqualified cripple!! Great mess.. haha!

**** happens as they say... im sure someone off here will come up with a super doopa fix, or tell me i should of listened to my mum and dad and done my home work! lol Tell that to the 2 kids looking at me for answers coz mummys sat in the corner crying coz daddy aint got no job!

I feel for anyone that has been in my boots before!

I feel for anyone that has been in my boots before!

Am a veteran regarding redundancies as six times I've had it,just start again its not the end of the world,bit of advice make sure your CV is bulletproof and thats the best door opener

oh yeh ...CV... what do i put on that... i aint got a CV.

yeh i know it aint the end of the world mate, to be told just like that, its over.... its like... er...... anyone wanna buy a vivaro sportive! lol very cheap!

The local careers office will sort it for you as its free,yes its not very nice....especially just a phone call,mind you I never even got that at Rolls Royce just a mate said they don't need you after christmas.

its harsh isnt it. i didnt even get that much warning. I have no job now.. 1 call.. thats it... dont need you no more. bye me and 2 other got the same treatment. dont bother comming in tomorrow.

if you can put your hand to most things, then something should come up, having stuff on paper aint the be and end all, if your good with hands and keep an open mind and just ask everyone if they need a pair of hands, even part time or something, getting your foot in the door is the first step then try and build from there

its harsh isnt it. i didnt even get that much warning. I have no job now.. 1 call.. thats it... dont need you no more. bye me and 2 other got the same treatment. dont bother comming in tomorrow.

Are you a contractor? As i said, that's illegal if your PAYE. Simple as that.

yep paye. hmm ill look into screwing them for everything in this case. i didnt think they could just say thats it

yep paye. hmm ill look into screwing them for everything in this case. i didnt think they could just say thats it

They can't mate - Unless you where on a trial period - Which you obviously weren't as you say 3 years. The Citizens Advice is free and they'll give you the best advice.

Good luck with it:icon_thumright:

Nooo, thats awful and such a bad way to tell you. The guys on here are spot on, they have to give 90 days notice for redundancy, they are the rules. Seek advice and and take them to court if need be, you have rights.
Good luck and hope your wife is ok with the news, worrying times.

90 days only applies if it's a company closing down otherwise a month

Are you sure about that, I read with the changes in councils that they were giving 90 days notice on redundancy not a month!

right im over the shock of it all now... the wifes on the war path, im on the war path, . I should get a month from today as notice, and ill get payed aprox 3 weeks redundency, plus any holiday owed. (which is all it)

st1ll sh1t but better than nothing.... oh and i have invented a new sport too.. its called Rag-Ya-work--O-Vanning! its very theraputic!

thanks for all comment earlyer peeps, i was pretty gutted to say the least!
:icon_thumright:

Sorry to hear thid dude, hopea ll goes well for you and you get something sorted soon.

Now does this mean even more time from you on the forum??? LOL

Sorry to hear thid dude, hopea ll goes well for you and you get something sorted soon.

Now does this mean even more time from you on the forum??? LOL

lmao!! mite be yeah.. im hardly on here any more! lol so busy!!! haha!

i cant help it, my pcs next to my sofa so im ALWAYS online.. Who says men cant multi task!

I can, i mean im currently typing, looking at my screen, sitting on a chair and talking as well, woohoo!!!

See that :moa:

Bad news mate. Feel for having been there myself. Keep your chin up and keeping plugging and things will come good.