AH FabricationsChris Nott

Thread: iPhone owners!

My BM is fixed!

Status

iPhone owners!

If, like me you own an iPhone (upon which I am writing this post) and you love it (which I do) for it's ability to do just about everything. It has apps which make it stand head and shoulders above everything else, all other manufacturers try to copy it's operation but fail miserably.
    If you have called upon your iPhone to navigate your way out of a tricky geographical spot, remotely take over someone's pc (logmein app) or just find the closest starbucks, you will probably be smug in the knowledge you invested in the best the Market has to offer.

If this is indeed the case with you as well as me, and you are on facebook (app anyone?) then log on there and join the iPhone smugness group!

BlackBerry bashing and Nokia knocking awaits your smug arrival.
    Chris

The problem with common sense, is that its not that common.

See my images @
    http://www.christianfrench.co.uk

Own a dreaded BMW? http://www.bmw-sport.net

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    I am waiting for my upgrade from a samsung which is awful (quite sturdy though as I have been a wee bit impatient with it at times)
    the only concern I have about having an iPhone is that it seems to occupy each owners time as its always being tickled...is this true Chris ?

3rd Gear

Status
    I love having An iPhone (he says whilst using it on a train home)

it's apps are cool,

everyone must download the best online shoot em up game available at mo on iPhone, eliminate pro, you won't look
    back, trust me!! Anyone that does download this free game, add me, username: ronseal1
    Audi TT - 2.0TFSI - Ibis White

My BM is fixed!

Status
    Honestly, its friggin awesome. I don't know how I ever ran my life before I owned it.
    So the battery life is crapola but who cares? R8's get poor MPG but they're awesome.

I'm not sure if I'd go with o2 if I renew my contract and upgrade to the 3GS but I'll deffo get the newer handset, maybe Voda or back to Orange where I started.

A guy in my office got a 3G when they first appeared and as soon as he showed me it I bought myself out of my contract with Orange and got one.

If you get one I can help you out with apps, I have jailbroken mine and have tomtom and logmein and loads of other great stuff on there.

If you like bike riding like me, I have an app called Trails, when I go out mountain biking I open it up and shove the phone in my camelbak. When I get back home later the phone has recorded my exact path the whole time I'm out down to the nearest metre, with average speed, distance etc.

The apps make the phone without doubt, I don't know anyone with one that does not like it.
    Chris

The problem with common sense, is that its not that common.

See my images @
    http://www.christianfrench.co.uk

Own a dreaded BMW? http://www.bmw-sport.net

3rd Gear

Status
    My iphone is the 3GS on vodafone, its rapid fast and get 3G signal pretty much where ever i go. Cant complain!
    Audi TT - 2.0TFSI - Ibis White

Spooly Spooly Boosty Boosty!

Status
    The iPhone is all things to all people basically. My mrs has just upgraded to the new BlackBerry bold 9700 and it just doesn't compare. Yeah it looks quite slick but it's not as intuitive to use, the keyboard is cramped and you have to pay an extra 5 a month fo web usage. On the plus side it does have that funky case...
    Cheap and Reliable is not Fast. Cheap and Fast is not Reliable. Fast and Reliable is not Cheap!

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I have a BB Bold 9700 which I really like, the principal reason I chose it over an iPhone is that I personally can't get on with touchscreen keypads for text inputting.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I upgraded to an N97, can't get along with it, but after a tinkle with a few iPhones, I regret not getting one! Also had a play with Blackberry also, the user interface is pretty good on those too, better for friends networking with a BB than iPhone if all your mates have one.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

5th Gear

Status
    The best app I have for my iPhone is Copilot Live, which is an excellent SatNav for 25. Ticks all the boxes for me. The other useful ones I have are, eBay, Files, Sky News, iCricket, TouchTerm (Techie!!) and RDP. I'm another one who can't remember how I survived without it before I got it...

Cheers,
    Alistair

"Why don't you listen to something really classical, like Mozart, Mendelssohn or Motorhead?"
    Arnold Rimmer, 1988

Commuting & Weekend Fun:
    Yamaha YZF-1000R Thunder Ace in Blue/Black

Practical Alternative (Still fun though!!):
    S3 2002/51 AMK Silver, Symphony II + Bose + xCarLink + AndyMac Stealth Sub, Metallic Mirrors, Heated Black Leather, Cruise control.

2nd Gear

Status
    Also try AppBox Pro, it has loads of apps in it, such as Translator, Spirity level, flashlight, Nationla holidays, currency converter to name a few. But i posted this last nigt, Freeview TV on your iPhone http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...-on-you-iPhone
    Q7 S Line 2010
    MMI 3G
    Adaptive Cruise Control
    Superchip Remap
    Blackvue front and rear accident camera

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    I've got an iPod and a Blackberry Storm and after using the two to type the Blackberry is miles ahead.
    I just can't get used to touchscreen typing on a fixed immovable screen like the iPod's. The Blackberry's touchscreen that moves and clicks is a brilliant mix between full touchscreen with a button pressing feel.

Must say that the iPod's speed is better though.

For work, the Blackberry wins hands down for me.

I'm not modding, I'm improving

Status
    Can't tell you how much I love these things. had a Blackberry Storm (5 in fact) which just did not work. Finally got a new boxed one from Vodafone, sold it and bought an iPhone 3G. As soon as the Vodafone ones were launched I received my 3GS. Sooooo good.

Also have a Sure Signal box in my house; 3G network all the time!

Neutral

Status

Re: iPhone owners!

I love my 3g I phone great apps
    1999 S4 B5 Avant........feel the power...

Up the owls!

Status
    Ive not long since upgraded to the N97, but its pants so want to move to an iphone. Its going to cost me 350 - 400 to exit my current contract early. Is the iphone 3GS worth it?
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by consilio View Post
    Ive not long since upgraded to the N97, but its pants so want to move to an iphone. Its going to cost me 350 - 400 to exit my current contract early. Is the iphone 3GS worth it?
    Why don't you just buy an iPhone 3GS and sell your N97, approx 250 to upgrade if you can get 200 for your N97.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4Quattro View Post
    If, like me you own an iPhone (upon which I am writing this post) and you love it (which I do) for it's ability to do just about everything. It has apps which make it stand head and shoulders above everything else, all other manufacturers try to copy it's operation but fail miserably.
    If you have called upon your iPhone to navigate your way out of a tricky geographical spot, remotely take over someone's pc (logmein app) or just find the closest starbucks, you will probably be smug in the knowledge you invested in the best the Market has to offer.

If this is indeed the case with you as well as me, and you are on facebook (app anyone?) then log on there and join the iPhone smugness group!

BlackBerry bashing and Nokia knocking awaits your smug arrival.

I've had mine for about 6/7 months now - And it's a work phone... Love my boss

I've always had whatever phone was the newest thing out - Due to upgrades, and never cared to sh*ys about the things. But these as you say are more than a phone.

Looking for Zombies !!

Status
    If my iPhone could cook dinner, carry my guns to the range and occasionally give me a BJ I wouldn't need my wife

JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by a3_dan View Post
    I love having An iPhone (he says whilst using it on a train home)

it's apps are cool,

everyone must download the best online shoot em up game available at mo on iPhone, eliminate pro, you won't look
    back, trust me!! Anyone that does download this free game, add me, username: ronseal1

Do you do what is says on the tin... I'll get my coat eh!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aythreee View Post
    I've got an iPod and a Blackberry Storm and after using the two to type the Blackberry is miles ahead.
    I just can't get used to touchscreen typing on a fixed immovable screen like the iPod's. The Blackberry's touchscreen that moves and clicks is a brilliant mix between full touchscreen with a button pressing feel.

Must say that the iPod's speed is better though.

For work, the Blackberry wins hands down for me.
    I had a Blackberry for my work phone - Hated the bloody thing - Poor interface imo, slow, cheap feeling, and the battery life was appalling for voice calling - I had to wait 10 mins before it would turn back on if the battery ran out...
    At the time i had 14 engineers working for me - Imagine how many fcukin missed calls/voicemails i had!

iPhone is out on it's own imo

4th Gear

Status

4th Gear

Status
    P.S.

Apps - Photobucket is the nuts

Up the owls!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Why don't you just buy an iPhone 3GS and sell your N97, approx 250 to upgrade if you can get 200 for your N97.
    Becuase you can only buy them simlocked to O2 or Orange for reasonable money. I dont want to buy an unlocked version from the likes od ebay as there is an issue with push functionality
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Becuase you can only buy them simlocked to O2 or Orange for reasonable money. I dont want to buy an unlocked version from the likes od ebay as there is an issue with push functionality
    Nope, you can buy them simfree and request them to be unlocked from brand new.... so I was told.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sidibear View Post
    If my iPhone could cook dinner, carry my guns to the range and occasionally give me a BJ I wouldn't need my wife
    Typical male chauvinist............. Women should not be made to carry heavy weapons..!

PS I like my iphone.
    In my personal opinion