I made a 9 hr 20 mins phone call ? again!

nvc

Reaction score
just can not belive it , I could broke my bank today.

was hanging around in my room, then get annoyed by the beeps made by my cordless phone. picked it up, found it is low on power ( changed new batt yesteraday) and still calling my mate's mobile ,

guess he must had a really long voicemail, must be 9 hrs 20 mins long as displayed on mt cordless phone,

unbelievable, happened again, last time , fogot to lock my mobile ,and in my pocket dailed my mates voicemail for 30 mins and cost me 10 quid ,

don't know how much am I going to be charged , gutted !!!:faint:

Seriously? That's 560 mins at whatever rate you pay, 5p a min?? That's a hefty bill, I feel for you.

This cant be right. All the networks voicemail systems have a time limit (around 3 mins). If this is exceeded, the call is automatically disconnected

Did you listen to the phone before you hung up? Analogue lines are not supervised so the trunk will stay open even if the call has disconnected.

As consilio has suggested the other party's voicemail would have cleared down the call. Ask your mate to check his voicemail and see how long the message is.

4 minutes for a guess. Or at least that's the limit 02 and Orange put on their services. Used to a get a few of them way back when before people had worked out how to lock the phone's keypad (They joys of having a name beginning with 'A'...)

'Please leave a message after the tone'...... <silence for approx. 9hrs 20mins>

Wonder how much it will cost to retrieve the message? :)