Dogs

Good 2 B A Gooner

Reaction score
Inspired by jbo0's post, has anyone on here got a dog?

I've been waiting to get one for years now - Due to work, leaving it home all day etc, i haven't be able to.

But now i'm able to take my dog to work each day :)

This is what i've wanted for about 8 years now...

vizsla.jpg

hungarian_vizsla_pup.jpg

It's a Viszla - I'd like a Liver Doberman, but due to stupid american films my wife's scared of them :(

Reactions: Alex C
I have a westy/collie cross just under a year old, she gorgeous but it's to difficult to upload photos. Sorry!
So I've put her in my Avatar

Last edited:
The old man, 17 yrs old
sam.jpg

Roxy the 2 yr old Staffy
roxy.jpg

Diego, the mental Spaniel
100_4751.jpg

My baby, 5 yrs German Shepherd Sasha
DSC00257.jpg

Weimaraners are what we would like to have when we get a house & with kid number 1 on route it will be a consideration end of this & beginning of next year, as be good with puppies & young kids, grow up together & more trust IMHO.

Got cats atm & they're great, so thats gonna be fun integrating these into another country with a newborn & possibly 2 puppies, we'll see as money is the factor here as all these arent exactly cheap to look after properly, jabs, frontline etc etc, but IMHO well worth it overall, makes a great family all round.

But I would like to provide a home for some dogs in need of a family, so that will be our 1st consideration I think.

Weimaraners are what we would like to have when we get a house & with kid number 1 on route it will be a consideration end of this & beginning of next year, as be good with puppies & young kids, grow up together & more trust IMHO.

Got cats atm & they're great, so thats gonna be fun integrating these into another country with a newborn & possibly 2 puppies, we'll see as money is the factor here as all these arent exactly cheap to look after properly, jabs, frontline etc etc, but IMHO well worth it overall, makes a great family all round.

But I would like to provide a home for some dogs in need of a family, so that will be our 1st consideration I think.

We really wanted a Weimaraner also, but they're a bit too mad! If my wife stayed at home then we'd defo have one :crying:
Have you thought about a Weim/Viszla cross - They're a bit cheaper and great dogs - Also Weims/Pointers :icon_thumright:

The old man of marks is so cool, looks like a great family member.

TBH mate thats the 1st time I've seen that dog breed, so will check them out at some point mate, but if I can find one of these breeds that needs a new home then that would be my 1st call overall, as I am tbh against paying for any animal as I feel its not about that, its about providing a home for an animal come family member that so many people fail to do when they get bored of the novelty of the idea which disgusts me overall, so paying someone 600+ for the animal isnt something I'd be doing, not because I'm tight, just because I dont agree with it.

When you see the way some of the breeders treat the animals, you really do feel for the animals they have & watch a few PETA videos & see if that changes your thought processes on these matters, make you literally sick to your stomach how animals are treated in some places.

Here is my staffy called DeeJay. His mum was ghost white and his dad was a blue so looks slightly different. He is 20 month old and such a softy, makes me laugh.

So many people are scared of him but when out on walks, it's always dogs smaller than him that try it on with him. He just goes "meh" in his own way and walks on. lol

26022010426.jpg

And when he was around 8 to 10 months i think.

29082008139.jpg

And the baby picture with the breeder.

IMG00149.jpg

The old man of marks is so cool, looks like a great family member.

TBH mate thats the 1st time I've seen that dog breed, so will check them out at some point mate, but if I can find one of these breeds that needs a new home then that would be my 1st call overall, as I am tbh against paying for any animal as I feel its not about that, its about providing a home for an animal come family member that so many people fail to do when they get bored of the novelty of the idea which disgusts me overall, so paying someone 600+ for the animal isnt something I'd be doing, not because I'm tight, just because I dont agree with it.

When you see the way some of the breeders treat the animals, you really do feel for the animals they have & watch a few PETA videos & see if that changes your thought processes on these matters, make you literally sick to your stomach how animals are treated in some places.

Agree mate - I'll only buy from an owner of a pet and not a breeder.

If you want a Weimaraner rescue there are various rescue people who only rescue and re-home them - due to their joyfull.... nature! Check out the Kennel Club for the contacts of these people (That's where i read about them, though i'm not a lover of the kennel club - after all the crufts evil sh*t)

Heres our dog,..the black and white one not the missus...:icon_thumright:

Ollie the Collie, mad as a fish!.

17841_1326132826120_1014883510_31012446_2058784_n.jpg

17841_1326132746118_1014883510_31012444_4880738_n.jpg

He's our family dog, currently living on the beach at my parents pad (I miss him!).

Fingers crossed one day work will provide me with a springer and a GS if things go to plan :)

T

My dad used to have a German Shepherd when we were really yooung, then it had to go as it was a bit crazy, then he had a collie that got stolen :( His name was Max

I have always wanted a Doberman, but the missus is dead against it and with a little un in the house, i dont think its a good idea, maybe in a few years when he is a little older, I may look into it again.

My uncle who lives opposite me, used to have two whippets years ago which both died of old age, has recently just rescued a Greyhound, she was in a poor state when they got her, but now, she is absoloutley beautiful, got a good build on her again, and full of energy too and boy does she go!!!

Oh and if i dont get the doberman, then i wouldnt mind a nice calmly tempered labrador.

My Staff - he's 10 now - but still bonkers :laugh:

3253b7f5.jpg

Picture574.jpg

Picture560.jpg

His Favoutie pass time - carrying wood / logs / tree stumps :laugh:

Picture563.jpg

Picture581.jpg

Picture189.jpg

Telling me he's sick of me sticking the camera in his face :laugh:
Picture176.jpg

My Boxer, A white one but not deaf like most can be. 8 years now but still as bouncy as ever! Sweetest temperament you could ever ask for.

DSCN2049.jpg

heres my little fella,his names ruben.

Image008.jpg

who has now grown to be a BIG fella, still as mad as a box of frogs though !!!!! lol

Image019.jpg

Agree mate - I'll only buy from an owner of a pet and not a breeder.

If you want a Weimaraner rescue there are various rescue people who only rescue and re-home them - due to their joyfull.... nature! Check out the Kennel Club for the contacts of these people (That's where i read about them, though i'm not a lover of the kennel club - after all the crufts evil sh*t)

Yeah exactly why I wanna avoid the breeders if at all possible as its just pathetic & evil of some of these people how they treat animals, really is, some I'd like to treat the same way they treat the animals.

Image008.jpg

who has now grown to be a BIG fella, still as mad as a box of frogs though !!!!! lol

Image019.jpg

Big, the boys massive & I can vouch for that as seen him, he's a choc lab but has subtle tones of a rotty, the face for a start, but lovely family member.

Image008.jpg

Image019.jpg

He looks like a Dog from wroking lines - Our friend has one also (Nelson) He's a very handsome chap - Can i have him.... pleeeeeeeeease :)

trust me !!! has absolutely crackers, i dont work him, hes just a pet, i have two young boys and hes great with them, not a nasty bone in his body, i walk him miles, hence the muscles on him lol

truely the best money i ever spent, a mans best friend is an understatement as im sure all you dog lovers will agree.

id love another but couldnt imagine id get another like him, plus the wife said " NO ****** WAY ! " LOL

truely the best money i ever spent, a mans best friend is an understatement as im sure all you dog lovers will agree

Was never a dog lover before tbh, it was the missus who wanted a dog, but since carson, I do have a soft spot for them now, alot of friends and family now have dogs, since I got one! :readit:

james, are all those pots ready for the wholes shes about to dig lol shes beautiful mate, a lab is a safe bet, bit of a handfull but very friendly, never seem to grow up lol

Gorgeous dogs there, mines doing my head in now (just smashed a plant pot as I'm writing this post haha).

I wanted a Boxer so I could start jogging with it but my girlfriend was in love with Puggles,

boxers are brilliant dogs to ave if you got kids,mine loves the 3 girls

Our little one Holly at 10 weeks old
th_IMG_2058.jpg

First post on here, just bought a B5 1.8T avant sport

Here is my boy, Dexter
As a Pup
th_P5310011.jpg

just been swimming in the lake i was fishing, hence the lead on him!!
th_DSCF0928.jpg

Sitting pretty
th_DSCF0936.jpg

Last edited:
This is our Monty... Although his nickname is MooMoo lol

This is not long after we first got him...
n553060201_153173_8536.jpg

This was taken last year :)
2813_95647415201_553060201_2921646_5009309_n.jpg

Couple of random ones....
shapeimage_1.png
shapeimage_2.png
shapeimage_3.png