Bought a new watch :)

Caesium

My BM is fixed!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Decided to celebrate my singledom by buying a new watch, as Goldsmiths had a sale on.

Omega Seamaster Chrono black face, awesome watch.
12286.jpg

Anyone else on here have a decent watch?

My girlfriend worked at Goldsmith's for a couple of years. Still couldn't afford an Omega with the cost-price discount :-(

I think I've just turned slightly green...

Wouldn't mind a Tissot T-touch or Sea-touch either...

Oooooooooh yes nice :hubbahubba:

I bought myself a Seamaster a few years ago - I'd been saying for ages that i wanted one, my wife kept saying "just buy it then"
So one day i'm sitting outside her work waiting for her to finish.... She's ringing me up saying where are you.... I turn up 20 mins later with my new purchase :yum:

Her face - Picture....

Did you get it on 0%?

Funking good deal that 0% finance.

Little tip for anyone wanting anything from Goldsmiths' - If you're looking at an item over £2000 ish and can afford it without the finance try to catch them at the end of a slow day when they're likely to have not hit the daily sales target. Talk to the manager and ask him if he'll do something on the price. Ask on a cheaper item or a busy day when they've hit their targets and aren't chasing sales and you've got no chance...

I have this bad boy. Its LCD, and comes with an alarm and stop watch - SWEET!

Did i mention it is also water resistant?

watch.jpg

mu tag heuer aqua racer got stolen last year so I replaced it with a tissot T touch ill never use any of the functions on it though

very nice i have a Rolex Yachtmaster in platinum. Also had a breitling navitimer that got stolen. Always nice to treat yourself to a nice watch when money allows

I've never understood or felt the urge to spend such BIG amounts of cash on a watch. I just don't get it.
It's a bit like when a woman spends several hundred pounds on one handbag, but more extreme, imo.

Not trying to knock your new purchase, but what in a watch justifies a +£2,000 price tag??

Got the same watch as op, but with the blue face. SWEET:icon_thumright:

but what in a watch justifies a +£2,000 price tag??
It is down to the quality of the watch,yes you can go buy a casio and it will do the same job but hey you can go buy a 1.1 fiesta and it will do the same job as your A3.

It is all down to the individual and like Chris said it is to celebrate his singledom:icon_thumright:
BTW I have a Omega Seamaster as well
4114f7d0.gif

I've never understood or felt the urge to spend such BIG amounts of cash on a watch. I just don't get it.
It's a bit like when a woman spends several hundred pounds on one handbag, but more extreme, imo.

Not trying to knock your new purchase, but what in a watch justifies a +£2,000 price tag??

My wife spent $1700 on 2 pairs of shoes in New York 2 years back...!

She's got so many fcukin handbags and shoes it unreal - Though she never puts it on plastic, so fair enough i suppose.

Now i'm off to eat spaghetti on toast for dinner as we have no money left..... lol

A nice watch is with you always - As i said to my mate, when i bought mine - You work every day for what?! You've got to spend something on yourself when you can afford it :)

It seems we all have Seamasters - Must have good taste eh guys, what with the Audi's also!

I fancy a Tag Monaco soon also :icon_thumright:

but hey you can go buy a 1.1 fiesta and it will do the same job as your A3.

Wash your mouth out with soap.

A nice watch is with you always - As i said to my mate, when i bought mine - You work every day for what?! You've got to spend something on yourself when you can afford it :)

It's just the spending of so much money on a small bit of metal that sits under your sleeve most of the time, you only look at a few times a day, and that you could get something that looks just as nice and does just as good job for the fraction of the price.

I could name 2000 more "enjoyable" things to spend £2000 on! :yes:

Over £2000 on a watch!!! You lot are either professional footballers.... or professional mentalists. :tocktock:

Have a couple of watches. A Rolex Perptetual and Tag F1.......was looking at this, but mega expensive LOL
omega.jpg

BTW, the comapny Banks & Lyon are very good. They are authorised dealers for all the major brands and don't have any prices on their web site. Negotiation is the way forward as the watch above is RRP £4750.....they will do it for £3850. Shame I still got nowhere near that amount in my penny pot :(

I had a Seamaster, I ended up selling it on ebay for £300 less than I bought it for, 3 months after I bought it. I found it so uncomfortable and I also noticed on the train home every night after buying it that every man and his dog was wearing one, and I wanted something a bit more different for the money. I still love the look of the Seamaster, and they are great watches, but I didn't want to fall into the obvious crowd of city boys.

So, i've been wearing a Tag F1 Chrono for the last 12 months, has't let me down, and with the rubber strap and it being relatively cheap I can wear it playing squash and mountain biking etc without it being a chore.

Come the end of March I will be looking to get this year's watch, and i've got my eye on an IWC, something nice and classy looking and not so "in your face" as others, it also wears better under a shirt and suit than the Tag does.

Nice watch mate, ive been meaning to buy a new watch for a while now....Just never seem to have a spare 2k in my back pocket at moment lol

Only the best Swiss...MAURICE LACROIX

twatchesLC1008_SY021_130%5B1%5D.jpg

:drool::drool::drool::wub::wub::wub:

If you want to make money, buy a Rolex. My mate has got a Daytona, he bought it for about £5k now its worth £7.5k+

Got myself a Rolex Sea Dweller 3 years ago while on honeymoon in St Lucia, cracking watch and looking at the secondhand market at the moment I should make money on it should I ever decide to sell it .......... not that I'm looking to

I bought a Tag once on holiday in Spain it was at a bargain price of 15 euros and made my wrist go green when I went in the sea awesome watch only lasted 4 days never touch Tag ever again! :)

Seriously though, I only have one watch a Seiko Kinetic I was given by my parents on my 21st (ten years ago) its not too flash and its aged very well, still looks quite modern.

Watches are pretty much like Golf Clubs and Mountain bikes, if you're really into them and have a spare bit of cash the skies the limit when buying :)

I bought a Tag once on holiday in Spain it was at a bargain price of 15 euros and made my wrist go green when I went in the sea awesome watch only lasted 4 days never touch Tag ever again! :)

Seriously though, I only have one watch a Seiko Kinetic I was given by my parents on my 21st (ten years ago) its not too flash and its aged very well, still looks quite modern.

Watches are pretty much like Golf Clubs and Mountain bikes, if you're really into them and have a spare bit of cash the skies the limit when buying :)

lol @ the green wrist unkle :laugh:

As for the Mountain Bikes - I done the London 2 Brighton last year, there where middle aged big blokes... on 3 grand bikes looking half dead towards the end! :haha:

You guys have too much cash, I thought i was mental spending £350 on a TW steel!

I have a Seiko Titanium Chrono, matches my titanium wedding ring :icon_thumright:

i agree, granted, must be nice to blow £2k on a watch, but if you want to know what time it is, just look at your mobile phone.

I'm with the others, I also think that it's stupid to spend that sort of cash on a watch. I appreciate that it's nice to have something a little posh on your wrist for nights out but not to that extreme.

I bought a Seiko Kinetic Auto-relay when I was 19 which I still have but my current work watch is a €99 Skagen Titanium and I get comments on it all the time :p

I have this one, Iv had it over 10 years now and its still as good as new, it cost me about £1k but its worth it as i used to buy £100 watches and replace them every year because iv busted them or got board with them, this ones turning out to be great value for money as iv not busted it and still love wearing it, the omega club is very odd indeed, your ether in it or your not, its personal choice at the end of the day,
369pxomegaseamaster2531.jpg

Last edited:
I have this one, Iv had it over 10 years now and its still as good as new, it cost me about £1k but its worth it as i used to buy £100 watches and replace them every year because iv busted them or got board with them, this ones turning out to be great value for money as iv not busted it and still love wearing it, the omega club is very odd indeed, your ether in it or your not, its personal choice at the end of the day,
369pxomegaseamaster2531.jpg

[FONT=&quot]I wear mine to work every day - I'm an Engineer and old watches previous would've been scratched badly, but due to the diamond face these are fantastic - I've scrapped it along a wall on the face, without a mark![/FONT]

What sort of money are you guys being quoted to service your watches - for my Rolex I'm getting quoted £350 - £400 ?

I'm sorry I just find it hilarious that you guys spend that sort of money on a watch and then have to pay £350+ for a SERVICE!

I'm sorry I just find it hilarious that you guys spend that sort of money on a watch and then have to pay £350+ for a SERVICE!

Here here!!

I didn't even realise a watch needed a service!

What next.......???

Annual wrist tax?? And having to clearly display a wrist tax disc on your forehead so it's clearly visible in case Jean-Claude Van Damme* walks past!!

*Timecop. (See what I did there?! :tocktock:)

It's the same as buying an S3 and needing it serviced. Not had mine done myself, but my mate had his Rolex serviced, and it comes back like new, fully polished up.

It's the same as buying an S3 and needing it serviced. Not had mine done myself, but my mate had his Rolex serviced, and it comes back like new, fully polished up.

It is the same???

And in comparison to the cost of the watch it equates to a service and valet at 20% of the cars value.
So a £6k service.... niiccceee.

And I thought Audi were expensive!

I don't see how you can compare a watch to a car in any way what-so-ever. Especially since there are watches out there that never need a service, it seems it's just the expensive ones.

Here is mine, not as nice as a omega
will do for me though
casio-Herrenfunk-WVQ-570DBE-1AVER.jpg

Last edited: