cruising / cruises

scott b

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
just out of intrest, how many people are into the cruise scene, attend cruises, shows etc

with this being a more grown up forum so to speak, compared to the last owners club forum

cheers

There's is a 'Events, Trackdays and Meets' section further down the main forum index. But you are correct in saying that Audi driver's tend not to attend cruises, but we've made a bit more of an effort for shows in recent years. Local meets are not that popular with Audi's neither, don't think we're as 'scene' as Veedubs in my opinion.

I attend quite a few shows every year in my Sierra, its the only time I get to drive it.
Only one last year in the Audi, but it was a good one :icon_thumright:

You should see the cruise at my local Tesco on a Sunday night, its chav heaven. All the cars park up next to each other with their windows down wing mirrors nearly touching, passing each other big macs, playing "choons" and generally tossing about.

Some girls turn up aswell, normally is a shopping trolley with "powered by fairy dust" "Playboy" and other pink stickers to match their pink steering wheel covers. They are all big fat lumps so I doubt Hugh will be sending them an invite to the mansion!

I still attend a lot of Cliosport meets. But only because I get on with the usual locals there and enjoy going karting/bowling/eating and drinking with them.

the last forum i was on used to have regular meets at various pubs around the area but i found them a tad boring, just standing around looking at the same 10-15 cars that turned up at most meets, and its fair enough if people on here dont want to do the whole meet thing but another thing that that forum did really REALLY well were run outs, they would plan routes trying to include as many recognised 'driving' roads as poss along the way and some twisty back roads etc couple of years back they organised a night time run of 200 miles, it was epic!!!

im not saying we should do 200 miles but wouldnt people be interested in a run out every now and again, after all we all love driving our cars dont we?

although that forum did have a dedicated events team to organise all of this stuff (it takes a hell of a lot to do something like that) and as far as i know asn dont have such a thing, just seems the mods try and share the work load of organising events such as audis in the park etc

the last forum i was on used to have regular meets at various pubs around the area but i found them a tad boring, just standing around looking at the same 10-15 cars that turned up at most meets, and its fair enough if people on here dont want to do the whole meet thing but another thing that that forum did really REALLY well were run outs, they would plan routes trying to include as many recognised 'driving' roads as poss along the way and some twisty back roads etc couple of years back they organised a night time run of 200 miles, it was epic!!!

im not saying we should do 200 miles but wouldnt people be interested in a run out every now and again, after all we all love driving our cars dont we?

although that forum did have a dedicated events team to organise all of this stuff (it takes a hell of a lot to do something like that) and as far as i know asn dont have such a thing, just seems the mods try and share the work load of organising events such as audis in the park etc

Sounds like a bit of a laugh. I rememeber one of the clubs I used to "associate with" did a treasure hunt type thing. £5/10 to enter a team (as many as fit in your car), all meet-up and list of items are distributed to each team (could also include getting a photo of the team in such-and-such a location) The team who collects most of the items within the time limit wins! Simple!

We ended up giving the winners a cut and ploughing the rest into club stuff for shows (as there was no memebership fee). Could equally be run as a charity fundraiser rather than a club fundraiser...

It would be good to meet up with like minded Audi owners! I used to go to Southend when i was in my teens, god those were the days! Haha. The thing about the chav scene is that it can quickly get out of hand. Ive witnessed the extremes like stolen, burnt out motors etc and some serious street racing which i used to live for but i saw too many bad things happen and am lucky to still be here to be honest. I still remember the last cruise i was at in Basildon, i had to leave it was that dangerous! The problem is back then i had an RS Turbo which was fast as hell and cost me a fortune and you had twats in novas nearly killing themselves and others for fun. It made me sick when i saw three cars racing side by side and taking out a mint Sierra Cosworth and from that day on i never went to another!

Meeting up in a nice location sounds bliss to me! Bring it on!

yer, i pop down the cheltenham cruise from time to time, something to do on a sunday night, laugh at all the sh1tboxes down there lol

but its take your life in your own hands down there, seen a silly amount of crashes down there, in fact my mate ended up been smashed over the bonnet of his car as someone decided to try drift up the strip and lost it and hit him full on!!

a big problem with this club is the fact that its national, so much harder to arrange meets in central location etc
last club i was with was only worcester and surrounding area, simples!!

for anyone thats intrested there is a cruise in london area on the 13th of march, as it is a cruise, location wont be posted on the net, but if anyone is intrested i will pm you where the cruise is going to be, ill be heading down to it from up north!

Do cruises still happen??

I used to go to the 'Track' in Brum, back in the day when it was good, im talking 15+ years ago, then when I got older the racers got more and more crazier, there was car jacking, muggings, fights, all sorts, then one day, as we were standing by, we were inches away from dying!!!

Thats when I promised to never go back, and to be honest ALOT of people I know stopped going pretty sharpish, as it was just too dangerous.

Meeting up and having a laugh with like minded people is a good thing, but it only takes a very small group of people to mess it all up.

Lakeside is still mad every saturday and to be honest its too dangerous - for those in the know there are a few other places local to that are better and have just a few drifters (who know what they're doing)

Do cruises still happen??

I used to go to the 'Track' in Brum, back in the day when it was good, im talking 15+ years ago, then when I got older the racers got more and more crazier, there was car jacking, muggings, fights, all sorts, then one day, as we were standing by, we were inches away from dying!!!

Thats when I promised to never go back, and to be honest ALOT of people I know stopped going pretty sharpish, as it was just too dangerous.

Meeting up and having a laugh with like minded people is a good thing, but it only takes a very small group of people to mess it all up.

last time i went down to brum it was crazy, right near wheels race way or something like that, cars racing towards trucks etc

been to lakeside a couple of years back, iand tbh the drifters there did put on a good show till the police turned up

Yep it used to be on the 'track', google Birmingham Super Prix, the 'track' was a part of the actual race track and people used to race on it till all hours of the morning.

It then went to Wheels, where it got a bit crazy, and then finally to Bordesely, where it was just down right dangerous, now they have put a stop to it, as far as im aware, speed bumps on the track and by wheels, cameras in Bordesely too.

As i say, it was good in the old days, was good ol cars that used to turn up and it was about quality cars, but then it was just TWOCers there causing chaos!!

Ahh well, i think im just growing old...lol

Yep it used to be on the 'track', google Birmingham Super Prix, the 'track' was a part of the actual race track and people used to race on it till all hours of the morning.

It then went to Wheels, where it got a bit crazy, and then finally to Bordesely, where it was just down right dangerous, now they have put a stop to it, as far as im aware, speed bumps on the track and by wheels, cameras in Bordesely too.

As i say, it was good in the old days, was good ol cars that used to turn up and it was about quality cars, but then it was just TWOCers there causing chaos!!

Ahh well, i think im just growing old...lol

Those we're the days hey... I remember a Frontera Sport trying to navigate those twisties by the wholesale markets soon after they installed those rumble strips to slow people down. The guy lost it and headed straight into a lamppost, he just reversed out and carried on, so you know that car didn't belong to him....

Oh the good ol days, used to be quite good, had some big powered cars turning up, remember there was a good few well tuned cars, the cossies with the V8s, the mini with the honda civic engine.