AH FabricationsChris Nott

Thread: Mitre Saws

1st Gear

Status

Mitre Saws

Guys,

Don't know if there's any joiners/woodworkers out there but I am looking for a Sliding Mitre Saw as I'm doing a bit of work to the house just now.

Can get one from Costco. soon for just under the 100 mark. Have searched the Net and the cheapest I can find it on the net is for about 140.

My question is that its a SIP 10" sliding mitre saw with laser and I've not heard of the manufacturer SIP before. Having searched the net (where else will I find the info?) I see it appears to be an Italian manufacturer. Can anyone tell me if they are worth the money and if they are any good.

Cheers

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status

Re: Mitre Saws

This one only 84.95

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product...2119&g=115

Sounds ideal for 'round the house' jobs

imported_xmaslolly76

makro is another good place for cheap good quality tools [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

Cheers so far guys, impressed with the quick replies. T3RBO the SIP is almost identical to that one but once you add VAT it takes yours up to 99.95 so the SIP is cheaper if only by about a fiver.

Have tried MAKRO as well but they tend to stock only Bosch and cheaper brands (i.e. NU TOOL). Have tried the cheaper brands and don't know if its just me but they seem to wear out quickly so although they are cheaper they need to be replaced (usually about 1 month after the guarantee expires). Will keep looking anyway was just wondering if anyone has tried the SIP brand before and can recommend it.

Cheers.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

Actually now that I'm thinking of it maybe I should just sod the home improvements and invest in an S4 ! ! !

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]

4th Gear

Status

Good thinking!

imported_xmaslolly76

my hubby is an electricain and he always has the nu tool for work they seem to last him well enough