Mitre Saws

macca666

Reaction score
Guys,

Don't know if there's any joiners/woodworkers out there but I am looking for a Sliding Mitre Saw as I'm doing a bit of work to the house just now.

Can get one from Costco. soon for just under the £100 mark. Have searched the Net and the cheapest I can find it on the net is for about £140.

My question is that its a SIP 10" sliding mitre saw with laser and I've not heard of the manufacturer SIP before. Having searched the net (where else will I find the info?) I see it appears to be an Italian manufacturer. Can anyone tell me if they are worth the money and if they are any good.

Cheers

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

makro is another good place for cheap good quality tools /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cheers so far guys, impressed with the quick replies. T3RBO the SIP is almost identical to that one but once you add VAT it takes yours up to £99.95 so the SIP is cheaper if only by about a fiver.

Have tried MAKRO as well but they tend to stock only Bosch and cheaper brands (i.e. NU TOOL). Have tried the cheaper brands and don't know if its just me but they seem to wear out quickly so although they are cheaper they need to be replaced (usually about 1 month after the guarantee expires). Will keep looking anyway was just wondering if anyone has tried the SIP brand before and can recommend it.

Cheers.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Actually now that I'm thinking of it maybe I should just sod the home improvements and invest in an S4 ! ! !

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

my hubby is an electricain and he always has the nu tool for work they seem to last him well enough