RUF 911 + Nurembergring

I

imported_mustwin1

Check this guy out, he reaches over 200mph near the end (one handed as well!), his sideways action is class /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif 911 Nutter

Takes a lot of skills and balls to lap the 'ring that quick.

p.s. It's the Nurburgring as in the track is at a place called Nurburg.

Nuremberg was where the war trials were held.

brings back memories of my trip of last year.
its a definate must for all SERIOUS control freaks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My hat goes off to anyone whos done that! I expect it takes some balls to take your pride and joy round the track at full pelt - theres no pressing start then select on the old joypad when it all goes tits up!

[ QUOTE ]
DValve1 said:
My hat goes off to anyone whos done that! I expect it takes some balls to take your pride and joy round the track at full pelt - theres no pressing start then select on the old joypad when it all goes tits up!

[/ QUOTE ]

9mins 45secs Bridge to Gantry (in traffic)
quite pleased with it ....
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
The guys that i went with included a 968turbo with X50 upgrade - took sixty seconds clean off my best time, over a 20km track thats impressive!!

if u know ur limits (or think u do) its a great experience, well worth doing ... just pick a quiet weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:

p.s. It's the Nurburgring as in the track is at a place called Nurburg.

Nuremberg was where the war trials were held.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I just copied and pasted it in quickly, couldn't be bothered to sort out the spelling, sorry.

[ QUOTE ]
S3_MCD said:9mins 45secs Bridge to Gantry (in traffic)
quite pleased with it ....
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
The guys that i went with included a 968turbo with X50 upgrade - took sixty seconds clean off my best time, over a 20km track thats impressive!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure he could d oa lot better than that. I did a 9'28 in my APRed TT on a semi damp track a couple of years ago. I don't record times anymore (plus they banned videoing) as I found it makes you push more than your sensible head says you should!

Murdoch - no need to apologise. I was just correcting as it seems (from many people I've met) that many actually think it is at Nuremberg. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:

Murdoch - no need to apologise. I was just correcting as it seems (from many people I've met) that many actually think it is at Nuremberg. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, jeez can't believe many people think its the Nuremberg?! I assume they think the current, sanitised Nurbergring, is the same 'ring' that they used 30 years ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Not sure if this is true, but I hear that it costs 17 Euros to have a blast round the circuit, might have to talk the missus into a driving holiday in Germany if thats the case (to take in the scenery of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

[ QUOTE ]
Murdoch said:
[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, jeez can't believe many people think its the Nuremberg?! I assume they think the current, sanitised Nurbergring, is the same 'ring' that they used 30 years ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Not sure if this is true, but I hear that it costs 17 Euros to have a blast round the circuit, might have to talk the missus into a driving holiday in Germany if thats the case (to take in the scenery of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

costs r about right ... the more laps u buy, the cheaper its gets.
all the more reason to go round and round and round /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Two weeks ago it cost me 143Euro per 12 laps.
The real expense was much more due to the rubber being left there and the fuel consumption being about 9.5mpg
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Did you guys see at what speeds this guy zooooooooooms by the motorcycles???

G

The 'rings a weird place for comparing bikes and cars. He was obviously flying but you often see people on bikes taking it steady especially on the bends.

I was taking three (big!) bikers around in my car and we caught up with a nutter on a bike. He was pulling big wheelies on every crest and really cranking it over. We had a brilliant view of all of this and if he'd been more aware of us in his mirrors we wouldhave gone past.

Bikes fly by on the few straights but elsewhere it's cars that dominate.

That's actually quite a fast double apex right hander so the bike can carry a fair amount of speed through. Of course pictures like this don't tell much of a story as you don't know how hard each driver/rider was pushing.

Incidently it was shortly after this bend (Pflanzgarten) that the biker infront of us pulled out his biggest wheelie. The bikers in the car were amazed to see how it looks from a car!