Are Manyoo Going To Be The Next Leeds...

Good 2 B A Gooner

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Are Manyoo Going To Be The Next Leeds... [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Simple question really - They sell their star for £80m and turn over £48m profit - Meaning had they not sold him, they’d be £32m in the red for the year end! Wow.

The yanks have to stump up £50m in interest alone...

So who'll be joining Leeds first - Liverpool or Manyoo?! [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Are Manyoo Going To Be The Next Leeds... [/FONT]

No.

[FONT=&quot]So who'll be joining Leeds first - Liverpool or Manyoo?! [/FONT]

Neither.
Too much history, too important to the English game, too much potential to rich Arabs. There will always be someone with too much money to come along and buy them.

It's more likely (although still not very likely) that either Chelsea or Arsenal will end up in that situation before Man U or Liverpool do.

Can't agree on the Arsenal thing - We're self sufficient, something amazing in this age of the game...

I agree on Manyoo, mainly because of their ability to make massive amounts of money - Though the revelations today - Regarding low interest loans to the Glazer's sons is a bit off...!

Liverpool on the other hand are in real trouble. History counts for nothing when you’re in business, Woolworths proves that!
They need to get rid of the yanks and the waiter...

P.S. Anyone know how the spudz get their money?!

You really believe that Liverpool are in real trouble? Like falling through the leagues trouble??

History counts for a lot in football. Real Madrid have been crap (ok, slightly harsh) for years now, but they continue to draw players, fans, etc mainly because of their rich history.

If Liverpool were to crash financially there would be a Dubai prince riding down Anfield Road within a day to buy them for a pound.
Why? Because they are Liverpool.
A bit different to Woolworths. High Street stores tend not to have millions of fans around the world, and the potential ability to generate mega millions of pounds.

Leeds got sucked down the plug hole because nobody cared, or barely knew who they were outside of Yorkshire!

I don't think they'd get relegated, but Dubai isn't as well-off as we’re all led to believe.

As for Real Madrid - They would have been bust years ago if it wasn't for the Madrid Council - They bought Real's training ground for 300m and rent it back to them for next to nothing!

I think Wenger was correct a few years ago when he said the money in Football won't be here forever - Who can afford £46 for a cat B game? if i want to go to a cat A game, I.E. Spudz, Liverpool, Manyoo etc that £67?

I'd say Arsenal are far more likely to go that way.

Not a chance

Leeds got sucked down the plug hole because nobody cared, or barely knew who they were outside of Yorkshire!

It must be a different Leeds you are talking about as I think every footie fan knows Leeds,they fell from grace down to the chairman being a clown with money

You really believe that Liverpool are in real trouble? Like falling through the leagues trouble??

History counts for a lot in football. Real Madrid have been crap (ok, slightly harsh) for years now, but they continue to draw players, fans, etc mainly because of their rich history.

If Liverpool were to crash financially there would be a Dubai prince riding down Anfield Road within a day to buy them for a pound.
Why? Because they are Liverpool...

...Leeds got sucked down the plug hole because nobody cared, or barely knew who they were outside of Yorkshire!

:lmfao:

Yeah right...

You just stay nice and safe in that dream world that is football fanaticism.

Football clubs are businesses, history has very little to do with it, financial decisions are what matter.

As for Real Madrid - They would have been bust years ago if it wasn't for the Madrid Council - They bought Real's training ground for 300m and rent it back to them for next to nothing!

My point exactly. Do you think they'd do the same for Athletico or Rayo??

It must be a different Leeds you are talking about as I think every footie fan knows Leeds

Ok, I slightly exaggerated.

Football clubs are businesses, history has very little to do with it, financial decisions are what matter.

Don't get me wrong, of course finance is what matters. But what draws the big investors?? Potential earnings. And it's worldwide support and appeal which brings that. It's what a club is currently doing and hugely what they have done in the past which brings them that worldwide support.
Of course you get some exceptions... Man City. But I wonder how much of the reason for the purchase was to overhaul their more famous neighbours.

a bit of useless info I heard,Allegedly...Seth Johnson was playing at Derby and went to negotiations without an agent with Leeds chairman Peter Risdale about wages (he was on 8k a week at Derby) Risdale stated we want you and we will put you on 18k a week and Johnson was shocked by this and said 'What' to which Risdale mistook the comment and said '25k and no more' Johnson signed the contract quickly...gotta love footie

a bit of useless info I heard,Allegedly...Seth Johnson was playing at Derby and went to negotiations without an agent with Leeds chairman Peter Risdale about wages (he was on 8k a week at Derby) Risdale stated we want you and we will put you on 18k a week and Johnson was shocked by this and said 'What' to which Risdale mistook the comment and said '25k and no more' Johnson signed the contract quickly...gotta love footie

I'd heard that also - Just shows the problem is poor managment from directors etc.
When i'm at the Emirates, it realy p*sses me off when i hear plastics moaning about Wenger - If we didn't have him we'de be like the Spudz... (No Spudz have bitten yet!)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Good 2 B A Gooner
Up the Cov...
Who???

Coventry - Your side no..?! Or don't you like to admit that in public :)