EM TuningChris Nott
    imported_Cali

Re Speed Traps / Radar

Has anyone got any recommendations on Radar Detectors?

There are some many out there - Have had the Snooper S4 Neo recommended @ Ł265

Anyone out got any recommendations.

Please / Thank you

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status

Re: Re Speed Traps / Radar

the new road angel 2 is the dogs Boll@x, in my opinion!!

Status

I'm assuming you mean GPS based systems not radar detectors.
    The new Road Angel is very good, but then all GPS systems should in theory be the same in terms of detecting fixed camera's.
    The new RA has integral laser detection as well so you have the best of both worlds.
    The camera detection is very flexible, you can set what distance you want the warning to start, and the warning shuts off immediately when you pass the camera, obviously it only goes off when passing camera's on your side of the road, although in Southampton there is a bridge with a camera underneath it, and the RA can't work out that it is not a danger so goes off when you are on the bridge. Maybe they should have a altitude option?

Grumpy Old Man

Status

I've got the classic Road Angel, which has the same facilities as the Mark two, the only difference is that the laser detection is a separate plug-in, rather than integrated. I quite like the idea of that. The government could probably never ban GPS systems, but I wonder whether they might ban the laser detection part of it. If they did that, I'd have to unplug my laser doohickey, but I still get to use the Road Angel for the GPS camera location, but Mark 2 Road Angels would be illegal.

Food for thought?

Grumpy Old Man

Status

Andymac, I see what you're getting at, but I think I probably would disconnect the laser if it was outlawed. It's not so much about whether I'm willing to act illegally one way, but not another, it's more about the likelihood of getting caught.

Using the Road Angel on its own hopefully reduces the likelihood of getting caught speeding. Using both together increases the likelihood of getting caught using the laser. Unless I unplugged & removed the laser every time I parked the car, and then plugged it back in again, a passing beat officer could spot the laser & report me when the car wasn't even moving.

It sort of makes sense to me, anyway.