Is this going to end in tears ?

Look back over history, and you will see that occupation does not work. Northern Ireland, Vietnam etc.
if we pulled out completely, would Afghanistan turn into a terrorist camp? Did Northern Ireland?

Amazing you only commented on something you were sure of. Correct there is no oil in Afghanistan nor is Osama bin Laden, so why are our troops there? Slightly off the issue but instead of killing hundreds and thousands of innocent people using terrorism as an excuse, why cant they get to the route cause of terrorism and get off there land?

You will find many videos on youtube showing hatred for Islam and Muslms but then you will also find videos of the National Front, IRA, Nazi's and many more extremist groups. Does this make them terrorists?

Im not taking sides and absolutely condemn terrorism in any shape or form but what im tying to imply is that before we become judgemental and make comments we should first try to understand and look at the bigger picture.

A user previously mentioned that they should go back to their own country! Well if all the minorities were deported then consider this country to be no different from Iraq. Majority of the Doctors/Surgeons, Lawyers, factory workers are from the that minority. We must remember before England became established it imported cheap labour from Pakistan, India and so on. and this country was built on the backs of these labourers who worked day and night for very little money and built this country to become stable. These same coloured people are now being told to leave. Why? Because theres no need for them now. Do you call this fair democracy? Without this minority this country would collapse inside out.

I dont approve of these protests but as per my previous post they are trying to express there own views on the war. They believe more harm is being done than good, innocent women and children are being killed. Its unfortunate they have to bring the Islamic religion into their protests and label it as there own, But Islamic law is far from these protesters and has no comparison. They are indviduals who strongly believe in something and are taking the oppurtunity to voice their opinions at wootten bassett. If the authorities believe this protest is wrong then they should arrest them for public disorder, on the other hand they may be peacefully protesting causing no harm.

Onother point i would like to respond to is that many believe that education is not allowed in islam for women, this is completely untrue and has nothing to do do with religion, instead it a tradition that has been carried down many generations and people are not willing to change. (our own prime minister is illiterate nevermind the women of Afghanistan).
You can never teach an educated fool, but you can teach an uneducated fool.

Im not trying to offend or defend anyone in anyway but i firmly believe a better understanding should be achieved before commenting on someones culture. Not everyone is perfect.

There's a flip side to that coin , Have you also saw the extreme Muslims video's on YouTube , quite like the bnp's and skinhead's etc ..But Ive never saw a video where this happens on the regular of beheadings loads of torture videos i know Ive watched em , Your just proving exactly what I'm trying to say always on the defensive , Always there to defend Islam even if they cut heads off where as we would condemn it we would hunt them down and either they would be imprisoned or killed , But you follow the ideology of the quran and if the extremist kill in the name of Islam you sympathizes with it ... Simple as that..

But you know what i watched Ross Kemp's trip to Gaza and i can understand Muslims feeling the way they do , but i see another Hitler coming and he's gonna be Muslim and rather than follow the word of the Koran which is peace and love , your gonna follow the extreme sharia side of Islam which is spreading like fire across the globe and so is the war on terrorism and will consume it in the end with wwiii , When in reality its all about land and greed , I see sad times coming for the human race its actually frightening a little bit for me , but mostly for my children

Last edited:
Look back over history, and you will see that occupation does not work. Northern Ireland, Vietnam etc.
if we pulled out completely, would Afghanistan turn into a terrorist camp? Did Northern Ireland?

Vietnam didn't because the cold war ended thus ending communism.
You can't (and are bonkers to do so) compare Afghanistan with Northern Ireland. Different race of people (actually Afghanistans population is made up of over 10 different races give or take a few), different religion (I never saw a catholic or protestant cutting around beheading hostages, hate to bring that up but it is true!), different culture, different beliefs even excluding religion, different ideologies, different laws, different.......etc etc etc. Making that comparison is the same as comparing an RS6 to a Vauxhall Nova! Nice try but your post is completely flawed.....Afghanistan, and these are all facts, is so important for geographical reasons. Ask yourself who its neighbhours are....Bet you cant without googling it! It is used as a crossroads between recruiting, training and eventually launching terrorists to the western world. In terms of convenience, for terror and insurgent factions, it is perfect. 70% of taleban tier 1 fighters are from either Wariztan or Pakistan. The rest are either Chechnyan mercs, British (that really upsets me) and scatterings from the rest of the world.
But the answer to your question? YES. WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT. Why do you think Western goverments are spending billions keeping the ball rolling there.....And theres not even any oil.

Respond please Mr A4Quattro. This time have a bit of substance to any points you make.

*cough*

If they do March through Wooton Bassett then (since I live nearby) I'm going to pop up there and string some cheese wire across the lamp posts either side of the street, sit back with a beer and watch the ensuing hilarity with delight...

*cough*

Vietnam didn't because the cold war ended thus ending communism.
You can't (and are bonkers to do so) compare Afghanistan with Northern Ireland. Different race of people (actually Afghanistans population is made up of over 10 different races give or take a few), different religion (I never saw a catholic or protestant cutting around beheading hostages, hate to bring that up but it is true!), different culture, different beliefs even excluding religion, different ideologies, different laws, different.......etc etc etc. Making that comparison is the same as comparing an RS6 to a Vauxhall Nova! Nice try but your post is completely flawed.....Afghanistan, and these are all facts, is so important for geographical reasons. Ask yourself who its neighbhours are....Bet you cant without googling it! It is used as a crossroads between recruiting, training and eventually launching terrorists to the western world. In terms of convenience, for terror and insurgent factions, it is perfect. 70% of taleban tier 1 fighters are from either Wariztan or Pakistan. The rest are either Chechnyan mercs, British (that really upsets me) and scatterings from the rest of the world.
But the answer to your question? YES. WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT. Why do you think Western goverments are spending billions keeping the ball rolling there.....And theres not even any oil.

Respond please Mr A4Quattro. This time have a bit of substance to any points you make.

YOU HAVE CLEARLY TOTALLY MISSED MY POINT.
My point does not mention race, creed, colour or belief.
I said that occupation of another country does not work, it never has.
There will always be indigenous people that will rise up against the occupier, look at the French, Finns and Norwegians during WW2. Or indeed the Soviets in Afghanistan.

Before you start spouting off about comparing Ireland with Afghanistan and all the belief systems yada yada yada, maybe you should take a moment to consider the actual post I made, it was pretty simple and not open to much interpretation, although you seem to have swerved the actual point.

Chris,you say occupation never works what about Hungary,Czechoslovakia and Eastern Europe by Russia after the ww2 until the 1980/90's ?

Not really the same after half the population of those countries was wiped out by the Axis powers, the areas of power were set out by the leaders of the USSR, Britain and the US following the war. The countries were "liberated" by the allies.
Those soldiers were not there as peacekeepers, they were there basically to invade.

You could also say, what about Caucasians in Northern America?

Well if you slaughter everyone there and there is nobody left to fight then maybe it would work.

The point wasn't missed. You put across the point about occupation. And in doing so provided some poor examples(poor in the sense of its pretty obvious why and how the occupying didn't work). But you still made the comparison between them. I simply stated why, with facts, its daft to make that kind of comparison(you need to re-sit history 101). Think YOUR missing the point. The main purpose of a presence in Afghanistan is to eliminate the means of training and launching terrorist/insurgent attacks on the West. Its not like Germany occupying France etc. Its not to gain ground or establish the west in the east. Its purely for prevention purposes.
It was you that made the comparison(yada yada yourself mate), not me. I simply put points across that annihalated your argument. And ref the above posts, occupation does work. As long as the occupying force('s) stay. It only falls apart when that force leaves. And then its not even occupation!! Because theres no bods there! Think that settles that one!
And Chris....The problem with common sense, is that its not that common.....You certainly proved that!....personally!

The point wasn't missed. You put across the point about occupation. And in doing so provided some poor examples(poor in the sense of its pretty obvious why and how the occupying didn't work). But you still made the comparison between them. I simply stated why, with facts, its daft to make that kind of comparison(you need to re-sit history 101). Think YOUR missing the point. The main purpose of a presence in Afghanistan is to eliminate the means of training and launching terrorist/insurgent attacks on the West. Its not like Germany occupying France etc. Its not to gain ground or establish the west in the east. Its purely for prevention purposes.
It was you that made the comparison(yada yada yourself mate), not me. I simply put points across that annihalated your argument. And ref the above posts, occupation does work. As long as the occupying force('s) stay. It only falls apart when that force leaves. And then its not even occupation!! Because theres no bods there! Think that settles that one!
And Chris....The problem with common sense, is that its not that common.....You certainly proved that!....personally!

Occupation is occupation, irrespective of the purpose or the geography.
The people making attacks on the west are people born in the west, they could train anywhere. We need to stamp out the radicalism in this country.
If they want to train to be terrorists, they will do it anywhere. Short of elimination of all of the extremists and their ideologies we will never be victorious.
It would appear that Islam is open to a lot of interpretation, and it doesn't appear to be a very tolerant religion. Please don't ask me to explain that statement, I'll simply say 'teddybear'

And thanks for the personal derisory comment, that shows your level of intelligence.

Is this going to end in tears ?

Are you referring to the march.... or this thread? :no:

I'm sure this thread will not end in tears ;)

....a few days later....

And thanks for the personal derisory comment, that shows your level of intelligence.

What was that you were saying Mr Hees???

Last edited:
You have quoted someone else out of my post (the 3rd quote was not mine)

Whenever religion is involved in discussions it always ends in tears, personally I think they're all absolute ******. IMHO

I could but I'd get banned mate, Cafeteria Religions springs to mind, like a Pick & Mix at the sweet shop, nobody follows there religion as set out, I personally have no time for them, I'd rather enjoy my life thanks. IMHO

It would appear that lots of people use religion to hide behind, as some sort of justification for causing misery to others.

Just because Christianity did some awful things centuries ago does not give other religions the right to do similar activities now.

Whenever religion is involved in discussions it always ends in tears, personally I think they're all absolute ******. IMHO

Well Nigel,Phoenix and Quattro are at it and thats over the definition of occupation and not a mention of religion is there ?
Hundreds of reasons why wars are started not solely religion as fasttdi pointed out oil in Afghanistan ;)

Please, I dont think you're that niave.

+1 Matey.
We might as well fight about Santa, or the tooth fairy.
They are also fictional.....IMHO

Occupation is occupation, irrespective of the purpose or the geography.
The people making attacks on the west are people born in the west, they could train anywhere. We need to stamp out the radicalism in this country.
If they want to train to be terrorists, they will do it anywhere. Short of elimination of all of the extremists and their ideologies we will never be victorious.
It would appear that Islam is open to a lot of interpretation, and it doesn't appear to be a very tolerant religion. Please don't ask me to explain that statement, I'll simply say 'teddybear'

I agree with some of the points you just made. However(you knew this was coming), The kind of training these people do can't be done anywhere. You writing that just reinforces my point about you having ****** all common sense(make whatever remarks you wish about how intelligent you think I am, it amuses me that armchair debaters such as yourself seem to think you know the subject matter, when all your so called points are the ones that you have formulated from what you have seen on the tv,read in the paper/internet etc. WAKE UP MAN! You know as much as X Y Z's press officers and media handlers want you to know. I might start taking you more seriously when you validate things from experience of being out on the "ground" and seeing how it really is for yourself. But that will never happen. So I simply can't take any of your armchair or chocolate box speculations seriously) Ok, so if "they" wanted to see if their latest IED or EFP worked, they could do a controlled explosion in Windsor could they? Oh, well what about testing and training their small arms capabilities? Its ok! Because they could carry out a Platoon attack in Maidenhead High Street! Its one thing learning from a book how to do these things(which I'm sure they do everywhere) but you actually HAVE to practice them if any force/group/faction is worth their salt. At the moment the majority of these "acts" are tested in either Afghan or the northern borderlands of Pakistan. And for every attack on the West, regardless of where these people are born, there is at least 50 rehearsels in these aformentioned places. Every operation ISAF/Coalition forces do, x y z amount of training camps are searched out and terminated, and that includes the recruits there and the trainers. I know this, I say again, because I saw them in the flesh with my own eyes. When you have time, and when your head isn't so far up your **** you are eating things in your throat, you will might actually realise what the true meaning/definition of occupation is. For a country to truly occupy another one it has to do more than just show up. Nazi Germany occupying France is a classic example. The French laws and even the flag was done away with. German flags and German law/rule replaced them. Is that happening in Afghanistan? In EVERY overt camp,DC and FOB there is the Afghan flag flying. British soldiers are briefed on Afghan tradition and culture so not to offend the civillians if it can be helped. Afghan law, culture and tradition is still firmly in place. Does that really sound like an "occupation"? No, we are merely a presence there. The only organisation that claims so is the Taliban. Because we outsted them for harbouring terrorists and supressing the Afghan people. The people despised the Taliban. Even the old guard (Mujahadeen) were in/are in support of our presence. And they are the ones that outsted the Russian "occupiers".
And according to you every "Jihad" attack on the West has been carried out by people born in the West? You really are in need of an education!

Now, this has been real "stimulating", but I have much better things to do with my spare time like making babies. I will not be replying to anymore posts on this thread regardless. No hard feelings ay lad'!

Oliver

Last edited:
ARGH :scared2: WALL OF TEXTTTTTT!

Anyway have a watch of this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn Oliver, you a journo or something lol

Fecking brilliant news tbh, that march alone would of created a hell of an issue & sure to end in violence

That dipshit Anjem Choudary must be laughing at us, creating all this unrest and hatred against Britain and the West and all the while claiming benefits!

Really that makes us bigger dipshits to be putting up with it. Deport the idiot.

Ive been away for nearly two weeks, just moved and no internet you see, glad to see as.net hasnt changed! :)

(Apart from the confusing and cluttered homepage...sorry mods theres just too much going on)