American cop pulls his gun - at a snowball fight.

dunno, I think his only mistake was not emptying his clip. Teach them not to be so smart buggers :)

Nah, seriously though, bit OTT. Will get his butt kicked for that.

I don't see it any different to a stone/rock being thrown at your car Chris,if anyone did it to mine I wouldn't get out and have a laugh about it thats for sure.

I don't see it any different to a stone/rock being thrown at your car Chris,if anyone did it to mine I wouldn't get out and have a laugh about it thats for sure.

It's the gun side of it.

I too dont take kindly - i've had ice in my eye, i've nearly lost control on sheet ice in my car thanks to kids pelting my car. Neither of these incidents was i expecting to be in a snowball fight.

Granted I would not be happy, but it was a huge snowball fight already in progress. If I drove into a football riot, I don't think I'd have any place to whinge that my car was damaged.

Even if I was angry about something hitting my car, I don't think I'd get out of my car and threaten people's lives, hardly an even fight is it!

they'll think twice about throwing snowballs at cars now won't they ;)

He was totally out of order to pull his gun. The threat to him personally wasn't large enough to warrant the threat of deadly force. If the crowd ran at him then yes, but in this instant it wasn't called for.

I can see a lot of uniformed traffic duty in his future :yes:.

He was totally out of order to pull his gun. The threat to him personally wasn't large enough to warrant the threat of deadly force. If the crowd ran at him then yes, but in this instant it wasn't called for.

I can see a lot of uniformed traffic duty in his future :yes:.

I agree with all of that, he's just waving his gun aroud because he doesnt know how to deal with people. THE most important bit of kit you carry is your mouth...not your gun...he should have tried that first.

Lets not forget thats the states..we have a much better way of dealing with snowballs here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfME9mVT5tY

T

We had a snowball fight with some kids last night. We were driving along inthe van and all of a sudden we heard "THUD". I stopped and the lad in the passenger seat saw kids chucking snowballs at us...then said "thats game on I reckon". Pile out the van and give a bit back :laugh:

We're planning a snow war with a neighbouring station on Christmas night if we get any more snow ;)

Granted I would not be happy, but it was a huge snowball fight already in progress. If I drove into a football riot, I don't think I'd have any place to whinge that my car was damaged.

Even if I was angry about something hitting my car, I don't think I'd get out of my car and threaten people's lives, hardly an even fight is it!

He didn't threaten peoples lives though, did he? He pointed the gun at the ground. Granted he probably shouldn't have got his gun out, but who cares, I don't see it as a problem. I'd be pretty ****** if people were throwing snow at my car.

"Panicked residents can be heard shouting, "He's got a gun," but others continue to throw snowballs his way." I think that says it all, so he's out the car and they're still throwing snowballs at him. I wouldn't take kindly to that either.

He didn't threaten peoples lives though, did he? He pointed the gun at the ground.
Oh well that's okay then, I'll make sure I tell my pals in The Met's TSG that.

How dare people have fun in his presence!
He drove into the middle of it and stopped. What a *****.

Inexcusable behaviour in my opinion and his superiors also think so too apparently.

Last edited:
Oh well that's okay then, I'll make sure I tell my pals in The Met's TSG that.

Guns are looked at and treated differently in the US - we all know that.

How dare people have fun in his presence!
He drove into the middle of it and stopped. What a *****.

Inexcusable behaviour in my opinion and his superiors also think so too apparently.

There's a time and a place. On a road when cars are travelling past isn't one. A park, fine, but a road - oh come on. It wouldn't take much for the car to skid on ice/snow and mount the pavement.

Gun owners in the US are responsible and respectful of the capability of the gun, because they have the freedom to explore the possibilities. Here in the UK guns are looked at as something really dangerous and something to be feared.

But over there just as over here, the vast overwhelming majority of gun crime is carried out with an illegally held gun. Its just that over there you have the option of owning your own and defending yourself.