Volks AutosChris Nott
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,146

    Smile Ahhhh... the good old days.








    Just thought I'd mention them.


    Rock the baby
    Walk the dog
    Around the world

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    HotboxDeluxe's Avatar
    automatic

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, DE
    Posts
    1,127
    One of the few things I practiced and got good at was yo-yoing, and it was those yo-yos!

    About 1989 wasn't it?
    Still loving the 130i like the sideways dirtbag I am

  4. #3
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,146
    Yep, I think it must have been around the late eighties.

    It's all coming back to me now..... excessive 'walking the dog' causing the string to break and the rest of the yo-yo hurtling down the road at what seemed like 200mph.

  5. #4
    HotboxDeluxe's Avatar
    automatic

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, DE
    Posts
    1,127
    I need another one! Got through a few due to string breakage and the associated crash damage - didn't take long before I wasn't allowed to yo-yo in the house

    Good lord, that's 20 years ago. I feel ancient
    Still loving the 130i like the sideways dirtbag I am

  6. #5
    sidibear's Avatar
    Looking for Zombies !!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    1,906
    Not saying I am old but I can remember when skateboards came out, the introduction of Compact Discs, telly with three channels and the first flight of the space shuttle.

    JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sidibear View Post
    Not saying I am old but I can remember when skateboards came out, the introduction of Compact Discs, telly with three channels and the first flight of the space shuttle.
    I obviously much older because I can remember when there were no such things as skateboards, when televisions were only in black and white and only one channel, the launch of the original Russian Sputnik and staying up at night to watch the first moon landing live!
    Dave R (h5djr)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  8. #7
    HotboxDeluxe's Avatar
    automatic

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, DE
    Posts
    1,127
    I remember the introduction of compact discs as well! And AIDS
    Still loving the 130i like the sideways dirtbag I am

  9. #8
    AuldReekie's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    I obviously much older because I can remember when there were no such things as skateboards, when televisions were only in black and white and only one channel, the launch of the original Russian Sputnik and staying up at night to watch the first moon landing live!
    We are going to have to go a long way to trump that one Sir.

  10. #9
    Nilz's Avatar
    Defo worth the wait :)

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    9,636
    WOW!!!

    What a blast from the past

    i actually remember quite a bit of the mentioned, except EVERYTHING that Dave mentioned...lol

  11. #10
    Keeno's Avatar
    Spooly Spooly Boosty Boosty!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    695
    Strange how things go in cycles. I remeber yo-yo's being a crazy at school and I'm only 21 and now apprantly they're coming back agsin?

  12. #11
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    24,833
    Quote Originally Posted by aythreee View Post







    Just thought I'd mention them.


    Rock the baby
    Walk the dog
    Around the world

    WOW, a blast from the past, I was lucky enough to get a marked ring pull for a limited edition gold one, I cheekily put in the letter requesting 2 of them, and 2 turned up the week after! So I kept one as spare(which is in the attic somehwhere) and used the second one as you would a normal one. The string eventually broke on that one, and it span off, scratching the gold surface, and underneath was a green finish, it was just a standard Sprite one with gold paint!


    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!



  13. #12
    crazy88's Avatar
    Loving the anonymity

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,722
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    WOW, a blast from the past, I was lucky enough to get a marked ring pull for a limited edition gold one, I cheekily put in the letter requesting 2 of them, and 2 turned up the week after! So I kept one as spare(which is in the attic somehwhere) and used the second one as you would a normal one. The string eventually broke on that one, and it span off, scratching the gold surface, and underneath was a green finish, it was just a standard Sprite one with gold paint!
    haha, that's brilliant! The cheeky gits, just painting the sprite gold. No wonder they didn't mind giving you two.

    I'm too young for yo-yo's


  14. #13
    Old-n-crumbly

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by AuldReekie View Post
    We are going to have to go a long way to trump that one Sir.

    The Coronation (The one in 1953)

    Gottcha
    Grim Ree

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO