There's a Rat in my attic!!

stealth64

Reaction score
Just playing some late night poker on the laptop and heard some skuttleing in the loft, didn't think to much of it just though the wind etc... then it got louder and closer, then above my head loads of it and a massive sqeek like 2 rats fighting or somthing!:wtf:

Not pleased and the missis will freak when i tell her! just ordered some traps and poison off the net!!!

I had the same problem last year. "Borrowed" a Tomcat (real big horrible *******, scrars all over the place, half an ear....) that walks through my garden everyday. Launched it in the attic and went down the pub. Minging when I got back, so left "pussy" up there untill morning. Went up in the morning and the cat had made itself a little den out of the wool fibreglass which covers the floor. It had a few kidneys scattered around it (cat's don't eat them, fussy fu**ers!) Anyway, no more rats/mice or whatever was up there. If you don't like the idea of catnapping, go up there with a frying pan........Have fun mate!

Just playing some late night poker on the laptop and heard some skuttleing in the loft, didn't think to much of it just though the wind etc... then it got louder and closer, then above my head loads of it and a massive sqeek like 2 rats fighting or somthing!:wtf:

Not pleased and the missis will freak when i tell her! just ordered some traps and poison off the net!!!

If your using traps bait them with peanut butter works a treat, used to have mice in my garage so borrowed a trap from my mate who reccomended peanut butter. Brilliant results, they cant resist it :)

If your using traps bait them with peanut butter works a treat, used to have mice in my garage so borrowed a trap from my mate who reccomended peanut butter. Brilliant results, they cant resist it :)

I can second peanut butter :) I tried cheese, rabbit food and chocolate before hand... needless to say peanut butter came out on top!

I can second peanut butter :) I tried cheese, rabbit food and chocolate before hand... needless to say peanut butter came out on top!

I'll third the peanut butter. People laugh at me when I tell them that's what i've used, but it's true. And I feel your pain mate, have been/am in the same situation.

Interesting idea phoenixv6quattro, never thought to stick a cat up in the loft, haha.

I trapped one once in the loft, and it only got its leg. The rat was struggling for hours. I went to work and back, and it was still going so I had to go up into the loft, and grab the rat and trap with a stick and hook. Then i took it outside and drowned the ****. It took ages too, and I felt awful doing it, but it had to be done, I couldn't exactly leave it to roam free, and I can't kill them any other way, ergh.

You have the dog!

Yeah I know patterdales are born to terminate vermin, but there are no floorboards in the loft so he would probably come straight through!

asked my mate about borrowing his cat but is a little bit reluctant, gonna have another sleepless night listening to the scratching, hopefully the traps will be here tomorrow!

Had a similiar problem once, turned out to be birds getting in and not mice or rats.

I laid traps and poison to no effect thinking it was rats myself, then one day i went up and saw little wet footprints and bits of feathers.:think:

Yeah I know patterdales are born to terminate vermin, but there are no floorboards in the loft so he would probably come straight through!

asked my mate about borrowing his cat but is a little bit reluctant, gonna have another sleepless night listening to the scratching, hopefully the traps will be here tomorrow!

Its much more fun (if your that way inclined...I definitely am) just catnapping a feline. It will be having the time of its life up in the attic, and the one I nicked still comes into my house occasionslly (it didnt before) to say thanks. It patrols the garden too now. And now and again still find remains of our little squeaky friends in my shed and on the patio......