Nintendo DS Lite - Totally non-technical question!!

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
Just taken delivery of a Nintendo DS Lite (one of daughter's Xmas presents) and opened the box to inspect. Everything looks in order BUT I notice there is no plastic covering over the screens. (the type of removable covering you find on a brand new mobile phone's screen).

When I buy new stuff I like it to be virtually untouched! Fussy I know.
I don't mind if it's only been opened I guess, but used and returned.... nope can't handle that!!

Anybody else got a DS and can tell me if their's had a screen cover when new??

DS Lites don't come with a screen cover when new, or none of ours did. Think it's because the screen is pretty well protected anyway.

I got my son a DSi for Xmas, had to buy the screen protector seperately, but I got it as part as a package with 2 games, screen protectors and 2 extra pen things for the cost of the DSi on it's own, the rest we're freebees. You can buy the 'starter pack', I think it's called from Game for under a fiver.

we bought our son his screen protectors for his ds lite separately and they are still on and like brand new 3 and a half years on :) Defo a good investment

Sorry, probably haven't made myself clear. I'm not talking about the screen protectors you can buy, i'm referring to the removable bit of plastic you find covering the screen when you take it out of the box for the first time.

I got me an R4 yesterday for the little one, it's boxed as the 'gold' version, and preloaded with over 1k games... should keep the little one occupied for some time. :)

Can I ask where you got your R4 from?? And for how much??

Been looking around too and there seem to be quite a few to choose from. Some reported to be working well, some not too well.

I ended up settling for one from www.r4i.co.uk for £11 delivered (using a discount code), no games with that though.

Can I ask where you got your R4 from?? And for how much??

Been looking around too and there seem to be quite a few to choose from. Some reported to be working well, some not too well.

I ended up settling for one from www.r4i.co.uk for £11 delivered (using a discount code), no games with that though.

£11 is cheap, I paid £30 from a mate who works in an electronics warehouse, but he preloaded the R4i with over 1k games, and gave me the disks to reload the games if I accidently wipe it. He did tell me he had trouble getting hold of one, and that I had the latest 1.4 firmware for future games. It's all warranted, so any problems, I just call him up.

aythreee,

pm sent for a good web site to 'buy' games

Neil

£11 is cheap, I paid £30 from a mate who works in an electronics warehouse, but he preloaded the R4i with over 1k games, and gave me the disks to reload the games if I accidently wipe it. He did tell me he had trouble getting hold of one, and that I had the latest 1.4 firmware for future games. It's all warranted, so any problems, I just call him up.

I guess it really does matter who you know!! :yes:

aythreee,

pm sent for a good web site to 'buy' games

Neil

Cheers Neil. I'll be 'buying' plenty of games from them. :eyebrows:

Seen quite a few sellers doing R4 cards with a 2GB memory card for an extra £2-£3.

Before I knew about these R4 cards I was downloading games and using an emulator to try them on my pc (for testing purposes of course!!).
Didn't occur to me that it was possible to use these games in an actual DS as well, until a bad bad person gave me the heads up!!
Had already spent a few quid on games, but oh well, not anymore! :)