Couple awarded £22k because they didnt enjoy their holiday

What a joke.

I think it's right for people to sue when a company has genuinely ruined a holiday - but this couple just seem like those typical rich toffs who complain and want a refund at the bar if theres a tiny smudge on their wine glass.

She also said Mr Milner was in “a terrible state” and both were “exhausted and inconsolable”.

Yeh right. Sounds more like the experience the brittish couple who have been kidnapped by somalian pirates are having.

Fair play, that is a joke. £22K compo for a couple having a bit of a whinge?

They should be led into the field and shot IMO. These sort of people are what is wrong with this country.

It is ALWAYS somebody else's fault.

They'd be "exhausted and inconsolable" after I repeatedly put my foot up their backsides!! :mad:

I'd be interested to know the full story. The media can spin any story to push who they think are the bad guys.

The comments on the article (not on here but on the Orange website) were pathetic - people outraged that these folk spent £60K on a holiday. Why not, if they've got the cash, then it's there's to spend. Jealousy I think.

I say fair play to any one who is savvy enough to blag a refund after paying for a service they are not 100% happy, big companies shaft us consumers left right and centre so i am all for them having to shell out...

lets be honest we would all do it given half the chance

dont hate the players hate the game

15 weeks for two persons, 60k gbp, would average about 285gbp a day, can anyone realistically expect it to be like the presidential suite in some 7star hotel in the middle east?

Guess this is a case of "pay bananas get monkey". The 60k figure might appear to be huge at first glance, but it doesnt seem that they are paying for top tier service anyways, but yet they were whining and complaining as if they were shortchanged severely.

I need to sue the bus company the next time my music is disturbed by the engines, or if I get wet boarding when it's raining. That'll teach them not to shaft consumers and compromise our "enjoyment".