Sending Wheels by Post, Which Courier s Best?

I had for a while an IP7 and sold it! The quality is noticably poorer than a normal single CCD MiniDV.

Unless you are a spy or really turned on by the size, get something a bit bigger but better quality. Sony or other.

I would reocmmend paying the extra for a 3CCD machine over a single one - again the diference is noticable. Not sure how much they are now (I paid £1400 for my Panasonic), but the picture quality is exceptional.

As a footnote, I would also ignore the photo features on them as well - so they can take average 1MB pixie photo pcitures as well - big deal. You really need 2MB min, so this feature is redundent. If you want to take photos as well, get a digital camera. Certainly don't pay extra for any DV camera that cna shoot stills as well.

Hi

I have recently sold some wheels via the a-s.net forums and wondered if anyone knew of a good cheap courier to ship these wheels. How much is it likely to cost to ship 4 18" wheels with tyres fitted?

Thanks

I had the same problem and had to go with Royal Mail standard parcels. But you have to pay 4 lots of delivery as they have a 25Kg limit (and they weigh around 18Kg's per wheel), so it cost me £60+.
ParcelForce are more expensive with the same limitations.
The easiest way is to do it through work, or pay someone with a company car to do it for you.

I sold my S3 alloys with tyres on here and sent them to scotland (i'm in South Wales) for approx £40.

You book it through www.parcel2go.com

hope this helps
Rich.

Sounds good to me Rich, mine have got to go from Taunton to Glasgow!! Did you have to wrap them up well?

I got some cardboard boxes, cut out a 4 pieces (1 per wheel) that will cover the alloy part (leaving the tyres exposed) and taped it all up with Packing tape.

As long as the alloys don't get marked then this should be ok?

Cheers
Rich.