When is a thread a "for sale" advert and when is it a "shamless plug"

LOL @ this thread!

Listen people, we all make mistakes. Its not the making of the mistake that is the issue, its the way of dealing with it that defines us.

Mods are just people and are not infallable, and I think that if someone has an issue with the method of moderation then it should be raised and dealt with accordingly.
If the person with an issue has a relevant point then it should be upheld, not brushed aside just because you can.

Last edited:
Oh, and shameless has 2 e's otherwise its just a sham....

Perhaps thats why I spelt it that way;)

Well done for spotting the freudian slip :salute:

Rob's new rules will hopefully clear this matter up now and we can all live happily ever after.

My original post was started to reveal an anomaly in the workings of the forum and the confusion over what was and what wasn't allowed. Several posts contained questions about this matter but nothing appeared to be happening. As I said earlier, Dave raised the debate but that post went quiet, others posted certain topics afterwards in several areas of the forum and were being dealt with in different ways by different moderators.

I haven't abused anyone, wrote any obscenities, broken any rules or hurt anyone! I started a discussion and levied some constructive critism. I supposedly made a spelling mistake though! :)

I understand why you're frustrated and you've highlighted the problem very well, which I'm glad about
For the record yes we are only interested in what's best for the users.
Mark I think we should hold off on this temporarily because we're not singing off the same song sheet.

Thank you Leon for those comments - good bit of unbiased moderating - top job.

:beerchug: