What was your very 1st cool mod/disasterous idea?

• Thread starter imported_Yaseen
  • Start date
I

imported_Yaseen

As our resident pimp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif feels the forum is getting lacklustre, I'll attempt a general post which hopefully will be popular...and fingers crossed no handbags!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

My confession is this:

I had a Mk2 golf and after reading too much Maxpower (let this be a lesson to you all) I decided to have a go at color-coding the tailights.

So got out the ol' Alpine White spray can and the sander and had a go sanding it and spraying light layers...looked terrible! (but passed mot!)

But seeing as I got the [censored] taken out by everyone- decided to do the "so what if you don't, I like them" route and kept them on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Anyone else care to share?

Well been 18 years old and having a mini as my first car after trashing 3 gearboxs and 2 1000cc engine went to scrapy and rip out a 1100cc austin alegro enginge and placed into my mini,worked well so decided needed to put a centre exhaust on it,got hacksaw out then fitted backbox sounded ok went ok but felt it was to restricted so the hacksaw came out again this time chopping the centre silencer out now this was the best mod part i'll ever do my mother had a wash line poll sat in the garage after some routing about thats all i found and was perfect fit anyway hacked off a length stuck it on i was laughing it worked a treat only problem was the whole thing was held on at two plaices manifold and back box but i didnt care so after a few months happy motoring driving back from college the rubber bolt thingy decided to melt (thick bit of rubber with bolts either side)and the rear of the exhaust was bouncing down the road under the car held on only by the manifold bracket.Anyway had loads of people take pee out of my £300 death trap till they come up against it on the road somehow it was faster the a mini cooper 1.3i.Sudenly all my mates at college didnt take the [censored] so much.It was fun at the time anyway.

My most disastrous idea happened this weekend just past, when I borrowed a neigbour's estate car to take some old carpet to the dump to avoid paying the fitter £30 to take it away. On the way back from the dump, I got done for speeding by a hand-held laser, Fined £60, plus 3 more points on the licence

My disastrous idea takes me back to the days of the handbrakeable clio i had when i was 18.

I was on my own on a cold winters night, it was snowy and compacted on a car park entrance. I handbraked it in and did a perfect 360.

I was so pleased with myselft that I got all my mates in the car who were standing in the cold to join in the fun.

I did as i did before turned in at 20 mph, pulled the handbrake up and slid straight into the bush narrowly (5 cm) missing a brick wall.

Could have been a lot worse, lucky me!!!!

Think mine was pepperpot alloys on my Fiesta 957 cc deathtrap...which also had yellow headloight lenses to give the sporting maxed look /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nearly killed myself in that car cos the brakes failed going down a steep hill the second day I had it and I got a lucky pump on them to get the car to stop....ooooh the memories are all coming back now...oh the pain of getting your first mota /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My mate did something a bit like that last year in his birds clio works carpark and snow went todo handbrake doin about 35-40mph didnt quite work slid straight into kerbs at end of carpark front left corner first which resulted in lack of front left wheel rear left buckeld and a few side airbags poping out to great him about 4grands worth in the end his bird wasnt over impressed by his return to been a bit jewvanile behind the wheel.

Got nicked for speeding in my old mans mondeo about ten years ago copper was well pi$$ed off,i overtook a bt wagon and four cars going down a hill coming back home after a night out in york with my mates anyway bt wagon was doin about 40mph so i ceased the moment and took it and just keept going for it,got back into town and saw some headlights closing rapidly didnt think anything of it then got into area were the street lights were turned on looked in mirror it was a flaming copper in a cavelier sri(git)so then the blue lights started to flash,stoped n got out and casualy asked what the problem was he said he was a couple of cars behind me in the que(oh sh!t)he then asked how fast i was going my reply was 60mph of course hmmm,so out of the goodness of my nature i said ok then about 65mph,he then said i could do you for dangerous driving overtaking where you did,my reply was ok then i was doin 70mph after that he said i was doin over 115mph for a while and still wasnt catching you then booked me for doin 70+mph in a 60zone god knows how i got away with that but i took more satisfaction from the fact he couldnt catch me to evev try n clock me and the same prat did a very simlar thing to my mate when he was on his motorbike said he clocked him doin 75mph thing was he was a mile behind him and stood still and somehow he caught and clocked him all within less than a mile.

I've been unlucky with speeding in wales on the A5 or A55?? In anglesey overtook someone going too slow for my liking in my mondeo. Floored it, luckily didn't down gear it, and was foing 110mph down this huge hill when all the cars coming towards me started flashing and my mate saw a dibble car behind a bush. slammed on and hurtled towards him pulling out and then slowly and innocently went past. My tactic was to no avail as i got done for speeding!!! Only think i don't understand is they gave me an S60 which is an undefined speeding offence when it should really have been an S30 exceeding statutory speed limit on public road. he also wasn't impressed when he put his lights on so i stopped in the left hand lane. he got on his PA and went a bit mad!!!!! I was shitting myself more about the fact that i had 3 illegal tyres and i thought the mot had run out. took me 3 hours to get hold of someone at home to put my mind at rest that the mot had a week left!!! Was well lucky it was a traffic policeman as otherwise he would have checked my tyres and done me for 9 points + up to £7500 fine, on top of 3 points and £60 fine for speeding. In those days I only needed 6 points for a ban too! Lucky me!!!!!

Not really outragous as such, but I got done by a gatso coming back from Newquay on the A303 about 5 years ago, I didn't know it at the time though. Anyway two weeks later I get a letter from plod and a picture of me doing 100mph dead! (I wish I photocopied it now!). So I had to go and appear in court, but not one local to me! I had to go back to flamin Newquay! Now bearing in mind I live in London its a bit of a treak, espeacially as I knew I was in for a ban. Anyway I managed to convince the missus that we could make a weeks holiday out of it, so we got down there, went to court, got disqualified for................7 days!!!!! I got back off 'holiday' and I was able to drive again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif