Poor Jay Kay

• Thread starter imported_Yaseen
  • Start date
I

imported_Yaseen

Jay Kay driving ban

Not that I would ever condone speeding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif but Jay Kay's a sound guy and loves his cars so feel for him

Man it's a good thing he wasn't driving the enzo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif His insurance company are bound to put up his premium even more ...not that he can't afford it!

If I were him and had his money, I would get out of the UK and go somewhere like Monte Carlo. Then I would get myself an international driver's license and start going crazy again!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G.

Tell you what that just oges to show how much you (i did) think you're invincible when you first pass your driving test. I used to do 130mph on the motorway, wouldn't go over 80 now! Shocking when I look back, expecially when i was in a mondeo with the stopping power of an avalanch on a steep slippery slope and he was in an F40!

One thing that's always puzzled me, how has JK made so much money. I expected him to be rich but he's not exactly a massive star (no number 1 records as far as I'm aware) Has he just been incredibly sensible with his money?
You see these programs like "Kylies millions" and I'm always surprised how little money some of these superstars seem to hold on to. Like TLC & Mariah Carey going bankrupt.
I guess as a songwriter (stevie wonder rip off artist), he gets maximum writer/performer royalties, but this still isn't a huge percentage of the cover price of a CD.
And he seems to blow it all on cars which is rarely a sound investment, and to keep Denise van Outen in slap can't be cheap.

He hasn't been with van Outen for many many years I think you are a bit out of date there.

His money comes from a very good record deal and the fact that he gets virtually all the money, his band are little better than session musicians.

Jay Kay has had some very good 'album' sales along with his hit 'deeper underground' for Godzilla (where he made alot of money) his band are actually very good musicians i have had the honour of jamming with the bass player and i must admit he is a cut above the rest!

I'm not saying he's not good at what he does, as we all know that has nothing to do with success, financial or otherwise. I was just pleasantly surprised at how wealthy he is, he's obviously financially very astute.

Red I was referring to their status rather than their musical ability. Was that Stuart Zender that you played with (before the bust up with JK).

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
And he seems to blow it all on cars which is rarely a sound investment, and to keep Denise van Outen in slap can't be cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy, try to buy an enzo now!!! I saw one for 3,333,333 swiss francs... you mean to tell that that's not a sound investment????

G.

BTW, Jay Kay has a number of Albums! He's been in the industry for a pretty long while!

It's not a surprising outcome from Perth Sheriff Court. The guys there are completely hard line regarding speeding. I freind of mine recently had to take the bus for 2 months for doing 100.5mph on Perthshire roads. Never speed in and around Perth, as you can guarantee the pentalties will be harsh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif