Dodgy(Hoax) Council letter

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Just received a letter through the post from my local council requesting bank information for direct debit purposes lol.

Letter is written in the Birmingham City Council style, only the letter head is in black and white, and the signature is computer generated, and a poor one at that. There's even a separate prepaid envelope supplied in it, but the return address is post coded B4, Birmingham City Council is B1 lol, and the main envelope has stamped BCC logo's also....

All very dodgy! Should I be calling BCC to report it or even take the letter to my local police station, as there's an actual address where I need to send the details, but in the whole letter, there's not one contact telephone number, which makes it pretty obvious it's a hoax letter.

yes,you should tell the police asap to tell them,you could save a lot of people getting scammed, who are easly influenced by bogus letters

HEY i got one and it had a telephone number when i phoned it the first time the guy was nigerian.... After 20 min i phoned it again he was eastern european lol hahahahahahaha:lmfao: I hope they burn from the inside out in hell because alot of old people will fall for it ....this kind of shyte is one step above a pedo ...

HEY i got one and it had a telephone number when i phoned it the first time the guy was nigerian.... After 20 min i phoned it again he was eastern european lol hahahahahahaha:lmfao: I hope they burn from the inside out in hell because alot of old people will fall for it ....this kind of shyte is one step above a pedo ...

you could of phoned the royal bank of scotland by mistake, when i phone them to make payments i always get one of the above

Mate call the Police and the City Council, dont know if you are aware, but there are a load of hoax letters doing the rounds in our area meant to be from the Police about some speeding offence.

dodgy b*stards !!! really does my head in that you slave away 9-5 to earn a crust and their is always some f*cker waiting to relieve you of your cash

found out today some neighbors (cant spell it sorry) were robbed while they slept the other night, two young kids upstairs, could have turned real nasty, not a rough hole either, nice house. robbed hand bag, laptops, car keys, house keys....grrrr they ant their faces kicking off !

sorry guys rant over

Also phone scams - I was phoned by a woman saying she was calling from EDF Energy on landline.

She then asked me to confirm my full address and date of birth for 'security purposes'???!

WTF - you are calling me, on a landline!! :tocktock:

No way of knowing if she's genuine but she gave up pretty fast when I said I wouldn't give her the details...