Top Gear - New Series Reminder 15-11-09

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Hey all, just a quick heads up that the new series of Top Gear starts this Sunday, at the all new time of 9PM, on BBC2 and also in HD :)

What did everyone think? I'm starting to get a bit tired of the staged "oh no, don't reverse that lorry into my car" routine now. And let's see what excuse we can give to drive 3 supercars around Europe. We need fresh material Top Gear!!!

Usual tongue in check stuff but thoroughly entertaining.

At least it was pretty much 100% car content.

Not a fan of some of the road building episodes or Bicycle v Bus v 4x4 cross London races etc.

Still better then anything else on TV. (apart from old James Bond films)

cheers
Paul

neily, i agree mate but at least were getting that !
cant believe how ***** tv is lately.
( i suppose were just jealous cause were not driving em round europe ) lol

Saturday night tv has nearly made me put my head in a noose twice now ..lol but its the same old run up to Christmas routine

BBC boss :idea: " Hey lad's make tv as **** as you possibly can in sept and nov... then at Christmas we can flood it with the same old ***** ":rolleyes: ....

BBC manager " Yeah that's a great idea that way we save a fortune on licencing fees and we get top bonuses wew hew :lmfao:....

BBC boss " send an email to all the other channel's that way we all benefit :drag:...

cnuts....

hey there is always wheeler dealers, chop shop, oil riggers, deadliest catch, ax men, gadgetshow and my personal favourite jimmy's food factory !!

As topgear really has turned into a predictable dross fest, thought i was watching a repeat on sunday, same **** different series..

Indeed, it's only a matter of time until they have a race around a field in some vans/busses bumping into each other accidently again. Don't get me wrong, i am a fan, but I only really watch it now for the new/upcoming car reviews and news. Also some of the star in a reasonably nice car interviews are good, especially with the F1 drivers.

yeah lets get real guys, we can moan about it till we are blue in the face but i bet none of us would ever miss an episode !!!

I agree it has become very repetitive, however they are funny as f**K in a stupid manner, and im into that sort of humour...lol

It was the 3 motors they took to Europe that made me sick, did you see the state of them interiors when they finished with them ? That was proper thick dust, everywhere...

Would take some serious cleaning to sort them out...

Did enjoy it though, wouldn't miss an episode...in HD. Er hmmm...:)

Well I must admit I thought the night's episode was actually really good. However it's probably because of different reasons to why you guys thought it wasn't so good.

The reason I thought it was hilarious is because my mum comes from that seaside city they first went to (not the crap gypsy bit :lol: ) My parents have got a place out there and we go at least once a year. Our house is about 1 mile from that hotel they parked up in! I actualy couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them there on tv last night. Most people can't even point to Romania on a map and Topgear were filming there, just seems comedy.

They definitely picked the, shall we say "cultural" bits to film lol I know the country very well and I cant imagine why you would want to venture into one of the random gypsy borat villages like they did. However I guess they were trying to make the filming more entertaining....

I can't say I've evern been on "The Road" but I'm going to try and convince my dad we should head a different way across the carpathian mountains next time we drive out there :thumbsup: although I know that road is properly in the **** end of nowhere! between two towns that are on the route to nothing but each other. haha

Heres a few pictures I took back in August from that Hotel Car park they showed you. I managed to get some shots as I was walking down the beach as that's right where the hotel is so I thought I would have a butchers. It's amazing Everyday it is full of ridiculously expensive cars.....

5728_108993109795_507014795_2091058_6572677_n.jpg

5728_108993114795_507014795_2091059_4858272_n.jpg

5728_108993129795_507014795_2091062_7872241_n.jpg

5728_108993134795_507014795_2091063_283043_n.jpg

5728_108993214795_507014795_2091077_4167550_n.jpg

Anyway I thought the episode was pretty interesting 8)

Last edited:
i agree but as already said atleast the episode was about cars and nothing else. interesting to see how the audi s8 would've come along compared to the s63 and the bmw 760