How much extra would you pay for this??

Yeah after seeing that so many would pay extra for it I'm fairly happy to pay the extra. The only real thing stopping me is that it's more than I was planning to spend in the first place.

Been checking for new places in the last few days in the same town and there's nothing there that interests me. I'm looking at waiting until the middle of next week and then upping my offer.

A sensible approach - I'm more impulsive than that and if I'd decided to go for it, I'd be on the phone now.

I suppose you need to weigh up the risk of waiting versus acting now, as afterall from your post above you've made the decision to offer the amount they want anyway. Unless that is youre hoping to offer a lower amount and not what the buyer has said they want and are playing the waiting game?

To put this in context what price range are we talking about? Dont say if you'd rather not but if say the house was £100k then paying the £7k on top would be more of a perceived impact than if the house was £200k if you get my meaning.

My 1st house was £60k but the style of house we really wanted was £80k and we couldnt justify paying the extra money as it was perceived that it wasn't worth the extra £20k over the other one.

However in the end we bought that sytle of house anyway but had to pay £150k for it as the markets had moved on.

I know its all relative but paying an extra £7k on a £200k house would be I suppose less painfull than £7k on a one less than that.

Did I make sense there?

Took words out of my mouth tbh Paul, if you have decided to offer more, why wait cause only stalling the inevitable next step, also if you get in a bid war with someone else then your back to square one, for me if I had decided on a further offer I would make it now, but its your choice & money so upto you overall.

I don't know how long it's been on the market but they'd only had 1 offer before mine and not many viewings. I don't want to pay the extra 7k because it starts getting into the same price range as some other houses which are better. And it's more than I intended to pay for any place from the start.

The estate agent reckons that they'd accept 2k less so that's what I'm going to offer but I want to play the waiting game, because I can. If she turns it down then fine, I'll keep waiting until something better/cheaper turns up.

I don't really want to give out the prices but 7k is a reasonable chunk of cash! lol

UPDATE:

In the end I didn't put the higher offer in on house B. I just didn't think the house was worth it in the end.

Right now I'm in deliberations again. I potentially have a choice between a brand new 2 bedroom flat with secure parking in the town centre of a town I want to live in or a 3 bedroom detached house in a town I don't really want to live in.

:nyah:

My opinion (for what it's worth)

House of flat - definately House

3 bed detached "in a town I don't really want to live in" or a semi detached house in "a really nice place where I would love to live" - it would be the latter for me (for the sake of £7K anyhow).

Its a subjective decision only you can make as you hold all the cards as to the house/flat size, condition, age, value, chain and yours and sellers position.

I work in this 'industry' and things are showing signs of picking up!

I would always go for a House rather than a Flat. I've lived in a brand new downstairs flat, a brand new end of terrace 3-bed house and now a 3-bedroom detached house with a attached garage. To me the extra value of the detached house such as no disturbance from others who are attached to your property is well worth it.

How does you girl-friend feel about the location. In you job there is every chance she will be left on her own at times. Would she prefer to be in a flat in the 'nice' town or the house in the 'not so nice town'. Something to consider.

Very well said, couldnt agree more.

UPDATE:

In the end I didn't put the higher offer in on house B. I just didn't think the house was worth it in the end.

Right now I'm in deliberations again. I potentially have a choice between a brand new 2 bedroom flat with secure parking in the town centre of a town I want to live in or a 3 bedroom detached house in a town I don't really want to live in.

:nyah:

Personally for me I would choose the house as its detached which means you can make as much noise as you want without having to worry about annoying anyone else. With a flat you have a lot of neighbours (above, below, across the landing) to consider.

I listen to music a lot and have quite a loud amp+speaker setup, picked where I live with this in mind :)

Thanks for the comments guys.

In terms of Lady Staz she feels the same about the nicer town as I do. The flat is in the town centre and she wouldn't need a car and she'd be free to explore and get a job anywhere in the town as the bus station is nearby. If she wanted a career further afield the railway station is a 15 min walk away also.These things also have benefits for me too. Plus Nandos is about 100 metres away :tocktock:

Most people have said house over flat which is of course an obvious choice but the location is massively important. If I could afford a nice house in the nicer town there would be nothing to think about, but I can't.

I have just spent 3 hours on the phone to her talking everything through, looking at bus routes, distance to the train station in the next town, cost of airport parking if she wants to go see her folks, price of a cheap VW Polo etc etc etc etc...............etc etc and THEN looking at the feasability of living in the stunningly built flat, in the award winning building :blownose: and it's just not going to be possible.

Waiting for the lying cheating estate agents (another story) to get back to me about something and then I'll put an offer in :jump:

I must admit, in your particular situation, the flat does sound as if it may well be the better option. It would also have the advantage in this case of no garden to look after. When you are away I think Lady Staz would not have that worry and would probably feel more secure in a flat with other tenants not far away and in a nicer town than alone in a detached house.

At least with the flat, if you were away and she decided to visit her family (in Germany I assume) then all you have to do is lock your front door and everything will be OK. I assume the central areas in the building would all be maintained by others.

The nicer town location does seem, at least to me, to be the better option in your particular circumstances. Also if your were posted abroad to somewhere Lady Staz could go with you, it would be easier to let a flat for that period than a detached house.

Another point I just thought off. What are the parking arangements at the flat location for your car. Again, if you are away, if would be nice to know your car is in a reasonably safe location.

She's lived in flats since she was young so she knows flats are very safe and would be happy there alone. This flat complex itself has secure gated entrances for pedestrians and for the parking area. Security is the very least of the concerns.

One major issue with that flat is that it comes with one parking space. If she decides she wants a car (which she of course will!) it then becomes a pain when I'm there at the same time. There's no visitor parking in the near vicinity either.

Personally staz, I'd still pay the 7K & jobs done, no parking issues, its a semi, garage, you say its a good location no issues as such, etc it seems to tick a fair few boxes overall dont you think??

We've moved on from houses A & B Nigel, we're now onto flat A and detached house B!

I appreciate that Staz, but you've now come up against other issues which the original idea didnt seem to have, which is why I was commenting on the original thought, again.

Just seems you're going from one thing to another when you had a fairly good opportunity in the 1st place, but your choice/money, just opinions.

OT. But why are you always shown as offline even though its obvious you're online, seems a very strange thing to do.

There were other things that weren't 100% about that place and earlier I said that any more money puts it into the same sort of bracket as some better houses, well that's where I'm at now. I decided to put my limit up a bit to get a better house in a better area. Driveway for 3 cars in a VERY quiet cul-de-sac :)

Sounds good!! Keep us up-to-date.