EM TuningMonster Motorsport
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by beanoir View Post
    Wow, I love coming home from work and seeing how this thread changes on a daily basis, first Warren is wondering about a new car, then some muppets slag of Porsches, then it turns back to Warren's decision to keep the S3, then it's on to Bikes (MTB and Motor), then it's Games, now it's consoles and HDTVs....I love it!
    Feels like it's been a bit of a soap opera, and in summary I went out wanting fast metal and ended up with a games console & a copy of Forza 3

At least it wasn't predictable, and I think these threads are always a bit more interesting with a bit of tension and opinion thrown into the mix

Talking of bikes (MTB), my bro-in-law called this weekend to say he's bought a Merida hart tail race spec MTB. Never really heard of them, but supposedly they are buying Specialized out??? Looks a decent bike, but I already have an MTB so won't be joining him.

I'd like a motorbike but don't trust other UK road users enough not to target me for extermination. I'd rather stick to an Exige/Atom/Caterham whenever the budget allows for these roads. Don't think you'd ever mirror the sense of speed you get off a bike though.

And to boot I think we've seen some new forum romance kicking off between H-B-D and S3GG, so all it's all ended well really

At the end of the day they are just boxes with badges and a price tag. I think somewhere down the line I forgot this to!!!
    Last edited by warren_S3; 5th November 2009 at 08:12.
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

2. # ADS
    ADS

automatic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3GG View Post
    idiot.. clown ........ don't talk with youre mouth full.... biting off more than you chew there.... but its good to be right... hotbox the clown ... ha ha! don't mess with me hotsnatch... now bend over and kiss it at a boy....(audisti's clapping) BMW go home now
    Kind of missed the bus there S3GG, it's all about the video games now. PS2 for the win

I am very much enjoying my BMW, thanks anyway, I could have afforded an S3 and been as cool as you, but I chose fun over rationality. It's not about how fast I can go, it's about how I can go fast, i.e with a big grin on my chops, if you can possibly understand that

Don't do drugs, kids. And if you must, then just lay off the crack
    Still loving the 130i like the sideways dirtbag I am

automatic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warrencox View Post

And to boot I think we've seen some new forum romance kicking off between H-B-D and S3GG, so all it's all ended well really

4th Gear

Status
    Flash............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........Bang!
    Holy sheeit that is some bite, but hilarious. You two should get a room.

Neutral

Status
    Had to create a stir HB....

I've quit the smoke nudge nudge fur real... used to lock up my premises at my old business (www.esport.gr) before renting it out for weddings... we'd wind up playing ps2 after a game of 5 a side playing a tournament of pro evo soccer d'stay up ridiculous hours on a big screen 4m by 2.85m Mitsubishi professional projector, making paper mache and origami.... we'd gone in with red healthy complexions and leave white faced with voices like John Wayne and walking that way too cause we were sore.... good muscle relaxant though...

Nowadays its gym staying healthy..... A big thing to consider regarding motorbikes, personal health.....

I've got an 00' rsv Mille R Aprilia, torque from twin cylinder 998cc chipped, akrapovic exhaust. Sounds like a Harley farting and lays down the rubber like warm poo poo... but the feelings really much different than the car...

Youre focused and everything but other drivers are really something to consider... The rush is considerable but you know that you put alot on the line everytime you ride.

Its just good to come back from a sensible ride and having enjoyed the leaning the whole process of warming up the tires etc. wind in the face even for just a little bit when you don't wear the helmet...

But there are so many dangers that if I had a good offer on it I would consider selling it.. Its hard to sell an Italian bike though and sometimes on a sunny day I've said wow.. I ain't selling this and so on...

Ok dangers are everywhere but with bikes its very there... They are good to ride sensibly and are good to get a sense of the speed that youre doing even in the car. You appreciate the safety of your car more when you get back in...

Right now I'm just at the phase of finishing things I've started.... following through with what I do, in my hobbies and work. Fixing up the s3 and then back to the Jeep... Ive got a couple of things left in halfway mode and just wanna get it on track...
    Last edited by S3GG; 5th November 2009 at 19:18.

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    Heh dude's just been to Vegas for an hour done all the hoe's then took my chopper to new york had dinner with p diddy ....

After that got the private jet home played on the solid gold ps3 on a 100ft sony plasma then just slapped my biach up ...

yeah diggadee..................lol

Sharpest Tongue in the West

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3GG View Post
    Had to create a stir HB....

I've quit the smoke nudge nudge fur real... used to lock up my premises at my old business (www.esport.gr) before renting it out for weddings... we'd wind up playing ps2 after a game of 5 a side playing a tournament of pro evo soccer d'stay up ridiculous hours on a big screen 4m by 2.85m Mitsubishi professional projector, making paper mache and origami.... we'd gone in with red healthy complexions and leave white faced with voices like John Wayne and walking that way too cause we were sore.... good muscle relaxant though...

Nowadays its gym staying healthy..... A big thing to consider regarding motorbikes, personal health.....

I've got an 00' rsv Mille R Aprilia, torque from twin cylinder 998cc chipped, akrapovic exhaust. Sounds like a Harley farting and lays down the rubber like warm poo poo... but the feelings really much different than the car...

Youre focused and everything but other drivers are really something to consider... The rush is considerable but you know that you put alot on the line everytime you ride.

Its just good to come back from a sensible ride and having enjoyed the leaning the whole process of warming up the tires etc. wind in the face even for just a little bit when you don't wear the helmet...

But there are so many dangers that if I had a good offer on it I would consider selling it.. Its hard to sell an Italian bike though and sometimes on a sunny day I've said wow.. I ain't selling this and so on...

Ok dangers are everywhere but with bikes its very there... They are good to ride sensibly and are good to get a sense of the speed that youre doing even in the car. You appreciate the safety of your car more when you get back in...

Right now I'm just at the phase of finishing things I've started.... following through with what I do, in my hobbies and work. Fixing up the s3 and then back to the Jeep... Ive got a couple of things left in halfway mode and just wanna get it on track...
    You forgot to mention how big your c**k is

Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

www.essexdriversclub.com

S3 (8P)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 10blazin View Post
    Heh dude's just been to Vegas for an hour done all the hoe's then took my chopper to new york had dinner with p diddy ....

After that got the private jet home played on the solid gold ps3 on a 100ft sony plasma then just slapped my biach up ...

on form!
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

On a journey...

Status
    Talking of bikes (MTB), my bro-in-law called this weekend to say he's bought a Merida hart tail race spec MTB. Never really heard of them, but supposedly they are buying Specialized out??? Looks a decent bike, but I already have an MTB so won't be joining him.
    Merida make bikes for Specialized and many other brands; Giant do this too. They aren't really a kudos brand, but their frames will be just as good as any other big-name manufacturer.

Mountain biking is where it's at! I've got a Pace RC405 hardtail frame with DT Swiss forks, mainly XTR, Hope/DT wheels and Thomson finishing kit - I ride it every day to work and then off road at weekends!

I think I'm going to get an Audi roof rack and bike holder to go with the roof bars on my Sportback.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic (2010) - Brilliant Red
    Technology Pack (RNSE 2, Bluetooth, 6-CD stack), BOSE, roof rails, 2 child seats and 310bhp

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben H View Post
    Mountain biking is where it's at! I've got a Pace RC405 hardtail frame with DT Swiss forks, mainly XTR, Hope/DT wheels and Thomson finishing kit - I ride it every day to work and then off road at weekends!
    I've got a Specialized Epic Comp with XT/XTR and Thomson layback, Easton stem & bars, Mavics etc... Nice bike, but a bit sloppy against my old Klein. Wish I'd never sold it

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

Neutral

Status

liked that one myself.... actually...and its byatch...btw....rulz of street spelling class dismissed.

Neutral

Status
    I think Im gonna go for an R8 oil cap... yeah! Im gonna live the dream vicariously... hard times globally and such! Somebody's done it on a forum looks pretty funky...http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3990214[IMG]file:///C:/Users/user1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/user1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by S3GG; 5th November 2009 at 23:55.

automatic

Status

I've got a Vespa

3rd Gear

Status
    Vespa? That's not a nice thing to call your new 130i M-Sport HB. lol..
    You can take the boy out of Essex but not Essex out of the boy...

S3 (8P)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kkp0897 View Post
    Vespa? That's not a nice thing to call your new 130i M-Sport HB. lol..
    Dont give him and excuse to tell us about his super-duper Munich shoe, that has "real wheel drive" "amazing 6 cylinder soundtrack"....Mr Deluxe doesnt need any encouragement..........you have been warned
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..

Before:

BMW 320d M Sport

Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    etc....

3rd Gear

Status
    Yeah you're right Paul... I'm deeply Does his new 'Vespa' come equipped with an Audi equivalent of DSG as I'm know how much he loved his A3's DSG...

automatic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulAr View Post
    Dont give him and excuse to tell us about his super-duper Munich shoe, that has "real wheel drive" "amazing 6 cylinder soundtrack"....Mr Deluxe doesnt need any encouragement..........you have been warned
    Have I not mentioned how much I'm enjoying it then...

Quote Originally Posted by kkp0897 View Post
    Yeah you're right Paul... I'm deeply Does his new 'Vespa' come equipped with an Audi equivalent of DSG as I'm know how much he loved his A3's DSG...
    The 'Vespa' is actually an actual scooter, with a rubber band transmission that's better at finding the right gear than a fancy DSG with a Megatron and everything, 4 horsepowers of fun.

Oh yeah the other 'Vespa' has an automatic gearbag also...no fancy Transformers in it so I very lamely and loser-ishly lose 0.0000584 seconds per gearchange compared to a DSG - however, always being in the right gear and not getting stuck in the "transmission delay-turbo lag hole- boost and whoosh" more than makes up for it

S3 (8P)

Status
    ....Breaking news.... - HBD in AS.net Beemer Bumming AUDI bashing SHOCK tirade....

Told you this would happen...............
    Now:

Before:

BMW 320d M Sport

Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    etc....

automatic

Status
    ....Breaking news.... - HBD in AS.net Beemer Bumming AUDI bashing SHOCK tirade....

I'm only bashing the parts of the Audi that I hated, hated with a fiery passion...most of the car was alright, in fact

Tirade? Naaah, not quite

3rd Gear

Status
    LOL!!

There's gotta be something up with the fella.... usually he writes a novel with enough swear words to fill a Viz comic!

Maybe he's not enjoying the new Vespa as much as we think... I think he's pining for his A3 DSG and playing a bit of 'lonesome tonight' by elvis in his Bose entertainment system

Status
    but it does beg the question, and an important question....

BMW's: The ultimate driving machine? Designed to perform rather than based around form, with 50/50 weight distribution, efficient dynamics and rear wheel drive. M models have bespoke bodyshells and components and aren't merely overdressed M-Sport models. The ONLY car that gave Drug Dealers the chance to own a fast runaround with bigger nostrils than Danielle Westbrook after a night on the Charlie, and the 1 series hatch may look like Old Mother Hubbards shoe, but you can't knock the pedigree of the Bavarian Bimmer.

Audi's: Vorsprung Dursch Technik? Some say the marque's gone a bit soft since the S2/RS2 days, but Quattro is as good as it's ever been, and the new engines are packing power to leave the Bavarians gawping in disbelief. Superior innards and design make the Audi a design led choice, and the latest generation cars even given you a sense the steering wheel is connected indirectly to the wheels somewhere down the line. So the new ones may have oversized ears (mirrors), the S series may just be an S-Line with diamond earings (instead of Cubic Zirconia), and there may be a forced requirement to finish the outfit off with a yellow faced Breitiling, but overall the Ingolstadt models are the lookers of the Deutschers.

Question is, which is best? Which one pushes the levels higher on the c0ck0meter. There's only one way to find out................................

automatic

Status
    Designed to perform rather than based around form, with 50/50 weight distribution, efficient dynamics and rear wheel drive.
    Indeed. And that's why I like it so. I'm not that yellow-Breitling guy at all, and am far less concerned with how it looks than how it goes. Note: how it goes, not how fast it goes. Even my dad asked me why did I want that ugly b*****d for, he thought I was after an A5 Sportback. He understands now

I dunno, first I get told off for swearing too much, now I'm not f*****g swearing enough not exactly pining for my rocking horse A3, I do kind of miss it, but that's because I was used to seeing it every day. I don't miss those over-bassy and harsh Bose sounds, no. I miss it even less when I get in the BMW and poke the starter button, every time it woofles its friendly 'hello' at me the bus/tractor/taxi sound effects of the last year fade more and more into dim and distant memory.

And I've had some really dirty glances off 3 separate S3 drivers this week...must be doing something right

5th Gear

Status
    There's only one way to find out................................
    Yes - get on a track and compare. There was a 130i on the trackday at Oulton myself and Spin140 attended this week. It was simply nowhere to be seen.

I'd always had a big itch for an E46 M3. Completely bought into the RWD pliability thing and the "driver's feel" baloney. But I no longer want to buy a slower car just because it gives me the thrill of sliding around in a corner. I'd rather exit that corner at speed.

Audis aren't "all that" - not by a long way. Any comparison between the S3 and a Cayman as a driver's machine is very misguided IMO. The Cayman is streets ahead - which is why you'd have to fork out the best part of 25k and your S3 to own one. But the S3 versus the "M" Beemers ? I'd take the S3 any day. Who wants a go ?
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

automatic

Status
    Comparing the two on track proves only one thing...which one is better on the track. Maybe. I'm sure driver ability would have no influence on the outcome

Who wants a go? Well I would...

I've been on a racetrack once - It was good and very jolly but I wouldn't base my choice of car on what's good on the circuit - I'd be freezing my tits off in a Caterham every day

Status
    To be honest I like both, but I prefer the S3 to the 130 hatch in looks department. If I had a 1'er it would have to be the saloon 135i.

Now where is DHL and that X-box with Forza 3 grrr!

I'm off to get a copy of Audi Driver at lunchtime as there is a picture of the ASN stand and my dirty mug in it!

is a retronaut

Status
    WTF has happened in this thread now?!

I'm off to get a copy of Audi Driver at lunchtime as there is a picture of the ASN stand and my dirty mug in it!
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

automatic

Status

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    does anyone know where i can get a decent coffee machine ??

is a retronaut

Status
    Argos
    8P2 S3

S3 (8P)

Status
    Apparenty coffee machines can draw a monkeys face on your cuppa`s now.

Now:

Before:

BMW 320d M Sport

Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    etc....

is a retronaut

Status
    why?! lol
    8P2 S3

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Staz View Post
    why?! lol
    I was joking mate just carrying the thread somewhere else hahaha i got a mint expresso machine but i want one that with a radio and you can set at the side of your bed to wake up with you i think there called sleeping tea ladys or sumut lol ...

Pual that's funny as hell .... Can it do other aniamal's

hahahahahaha I bet nick griffen's got one of them , its a joke right

is a retronaut

Status
    I can't believe I just Googled 'coffee machine monkey face'. I need to find better things to do with my time!
    8P2 S3

3rd Gear

Status
    Apparenty coffee machines can draw a monkeys face on your cuppa`s now.

I really need this. Where can I buy one please? I need the model which comes with the 'Chocolate Fire Guard'.

automatic

Status

hahahahahaha I bet nick griffen's got one of them , its a joke right
    Yeh I can just imagine the t**t sipping monkey coffee every morning before going about his daily business of being a complete and utter c**t.

I fancy a new coffee machine as well, but it's got to make a nice noise. I don't like the screechy grindey ones, they put me in a bad mood which is pretty easy before I've had my first fag

S3 (8P)

Status
    Pual that's funny as hell .... Can it do other aniamal's
    Yes mate, Lions n stuff....

Now:

Before:

BMW 320d M Sport

Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    etc....

automatic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Staz View Post
    I can't believe I just Googled 'coffee machine monkey face'. I need to find better things to do with my time!
    I googled exactly the same thing, and was mildly disappointed

Loving the new thread title, now it's almost relevant

S3 (8P)

Status
    Oh, and Bruce Lee with a headscarf on....

This was before his back injury iirc.....

Now:

Before:

BMW 320d M Sport

Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    etc....

Status
    Monkey coffee. Yes I'm having that. Where do I get one, and why doesn't our Siemens Porsche coffee machine do that? (The only Porsche product I'll be affording this year).

Diversifying again, as my goal now is to own the thread with the longest most abstract name, page 27 od Audi Driver Mag Nov 2009:

link to bigger picture: link

Top left; now THAT is a monkey face. And I managed to get the car into the AudiSport.net photo (3rd shot down in the centre of the page - 3rd car back). Didn't realise each issue was 3.95, which has come out of the Porker fund again!

S3 (8P)

Status
    WarrenCox, official ASN Crash Helmet model

Peter Beardsley has some competition .......
    Now:

Before:

BMW 320d M Sport

Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    etc....