Gerald Blas - dodgy character

audi18tdan

Reaction score
After placing an ad on for wanted replica S4 wheels i got the following response:

S4 18" Replica wheels

Hi,

My name is Gerald and am from the united Kingdom.I saw your wanted advert over the internet and i still have for sale in a mint condition.Please get back to me on geraldblas008@yahoo.com or you can simply reach me on +447031928794.

Thanks

Gerald
19 Angel St , Worcester , Worcestershire WR1 3QT, England .

http://audi-sport.net/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=4055

From that email i get a strange feeling that this guy is trying to pull a fast one and so after a couple of replies without the questions i asked about the wheels answered
i googled his name and found the following:

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=Gerald+Blas

It turns out he's well known for fraud so just for all of you fellow members out there to be aware.

Not being funny but even by his reply you can tell he's a scammer, they always tend to use yahoo aswell, lol

I hate it when you place an ad to sell something, and the pm/email reply has an email adress or phone number you are suppose to call to make the sale WTF!

If you want something, you call/mail me and make some effort.

I can understand if an email is supplied wanting more pics or something, but some people just wants everything handed on a plate to them.... shall I deliver them to your doorstep at my expense 100 miles away sir?

And yes, the reply looks highly likely a scam merchant, 'My name is Gerald and am from the united Kingdom', I'm not exactly going to sell to anyone in another country(unless advertised) am I?

lol, yep i knew from the start that something wasn't right with this guy so i simply replied asking him to confirm details for the wheels (PCD, etc) and for some pics.

His replys kept furthering my susspicions that this isn't right so googled his name there we go, he's well known.

oh well lets see what he replies with after me asking if he'll except paypal and if he can take pics on a mobile.

Anyone remember IIRC that apple macbook scam that had it turned round on him & he ended up with a nicely made cardboard version, lmfao, that was classic.

Anyone remember IIRC that apple macbook scam that had it turned round on him & he ended up with a nicely made cardboard version, lmfao, that was classic.

Yeah I was looking for the link to that the other night cant find it anywhere, it was a classic thread though totally stiched the scammer up :)

At the last place I worked there was a lot of attempted card fraud, folks ordering pallets of processors or laptops with stolen credit cards etc. On more than one occassion the top brass authorised sending a load of pretty Intel or Sony boxes sent by courier to the scammer, but filled with manure instead of chips/laptops :)

I would've loved to have seen their faces!

Rob.

Thanks for the heads up.

Now posted on FSOC forum, MS-MR forum, Powered by Ford and Fordpower.
Credited to being posted on AS.Net :icon_thumright: