Do you lads watch Top Gear Oz?

Lyntonius

Reaction score
Hi all,

Fairly new member here from Australia. Just wondering if you guys have sampled Top Gear Oz, and what you thought of it, from a Brit's perspective. The consensus over here tends to be that nobody likes it. Whilst I agree, it's better than nothing.

The thing that seems to grate on most people's nerves is the blatant overuse of Aussie slang to make it seem more "Australian" (particularly a problem in season 1!). With season 2 and a new host it ain't so bad.

I guess for me, the thing that annoys the most is TG UK is great for it's honest opinions on cars, manufacturer be damned. On the Oz version, it seems like they need to please their sponsors, so they don't go crazy flaming a car they don't like (indeed, it seems rare for them to find a car they don't like).

Anyways, just wanted to see what you guys thought, or if you even knew it existed!

Cheers.

Welcome to site & this is new to me mate, goes to search.

Welcome along mate. I know a lot of other countries have tried to replicate TG but, like you say, I don't think the original can be beat. I've never seen the OZ version as I don't think it's televised here? I don't have Sky TV either which doesn't help. We have a programme here called "5th Gear" and it's the biggest load of boll***s on TV.

Is there an IPLAYER sort of thing or can it be downloaded for us for us Brits to watch ?

Hmm yeah just had a look at their website and it seems YouTube is gonna be the only way, unless you're into the *ahem* alternative means.

Agreed, nothing will ever top TG UK, but it's something to tide me over until the next series!

I liked the reference to beer and sex.....trouble is I had to wait until the end of that clip.....

i love topgear i always have since 1986 ish with william woolard and tony mason etc..got most episode since then on my computer i get the mag delivered but sadly 5th gear is on par with it now and sometimes better for car content with jason plato.. top gear is miles funnier but they need to evolve into a new format,keep the presenters just bin the interviews unless its a racing driver or some flap bin the caravan conkers and make more epic episodes.... i dont care how fast a star can go round the track in a dog s**t car let me see how fast i can go

Welcome to the site.I need to research on this little bit then only I will give you the clear picture.