bike carriers

Reaction score
Anyone got any experience with these for roof rack mount im looking at Mont Blanc Baraccuda or Thule 591. Pair of mont blancs are £99 where as the thule are £132 for a pair. Are the thule worth the extra or will the mont blancs be ok ???

any others I should look at, They will be carrying a couple of k`s worth of Mountain Bikes.

cheers.....

I've borrowed Thule roof bars from my mate before (not bike carriers though) and they felt to be a good bit of kit - as good as the official Audi ones which he also has!

Hi
I have a set of the Thule aero roof bars & bike carriers. They are incredibly well made, strong & very stylish. The roof bars are very well designed & have a very adjusting & secure locking mechanism.

The bike carriers are also very well designed & stylish. They too have a locking arm that is adjustable & locks the bike to the carrier. All around an outstanding bit of kit!

John C

Ya I have used it.They are well designed,stylish and strong and htey have secure locking mechanism.You need not to be worried about it.

I use a Thule roof rack fairly regular with the 591 cycle carriers. Easy to assemble, easy to lift on and off (takes a couple of mins to get in correct position, tighten etc) and holds bikse in place well. Also lockable as we carry £5k worth of bikes at times - not that i would leave them on it in public or anything.

commencal4.jpg