Road Rage..AARRRRRR

ooooaudi

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
Some old tw@t in a cavaliers just tryed cuttin me up so i overtook him and give a complamentry 'dab of the brakes'
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif then he stopped behind me got out had the sheer cheek to say i was in the wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

anyway rant over

anyone had any such incidents lately ??

Approaching my off slip on the motorway ( after trundling along in a queue in slow traffic ) there was a coach in the middle lane who wanted to come off on the same slip, I just carried on doing what I was doing, he didn't have enough space in front of me to pull in, so he slowed down to my speed to try and get in, because we are coming up to the off slip now. I didn't slow down, just kept on going at same speed, my bonnet is now level with the front door of the coach, so he tried to pull in with me there, could see him looking in the mirror. I held steady ( I cant go anywhere anyway as theres still not enough space in front of me ) and leant on the horn, his wheels now in my lane, drive behind me wakes up to whats going on and speeds up to me, so theres two of us blocking his path now. Eventually he relented and pulled in behind me, which the driver behind let him do. Then proceeded to sit behind me flashing his lights down the slip until he quickly changed lanes ( causing a car to brake to avoid him ) and shot through an amber light at the bottom the of the slip.

Superb example of a so called professional driver who couldn't bear to pull into a lane of slow moving traffic 1/2 mile before the off slip. t***er.

If he had wanted to pull into the inside lane further up the road I wouldn't have a problem with it, but seeing as he was trying to bully cars about I wasn't having any of it.
Hmm I think I was a bit grouchy that morning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I blasted onto a roundabout yesterday with a vectra attempting to follow. I slowed for the Corsa in front as I come off the roundabout. It was clear enough for me, but wasn't bothered about overtaking. Vectra caught up and overtook us both as oncoming traffic appeared...

Amazing how some folk get wound up even if your doing something just because, regardless of what they're up to.

People are amazing!

Was sitting in the outside lane of the M6 on Monday - queues of traffic probably doing c.65, overtaking cars in the middle lane.

Looked down for a fraction of a second, looked up and there's a woman in a Ka moving over to clip my front bumper.

I slowed down (to avoid collision) enough to allow her to slip in, and then stayed at the same distance just in case she hadn't noticed me.... I thought that's the only explanation for her doing such a stupid manouvre.

She then started waving her arms around at me because I was too close !!!!

Ok - fair point, I was close, but if it was that tight why did she pull out... NO indication I might add !!!!!

She then proceeded to sit in the outside lane overtaking nothing, going about 5-6 miles/hour slower than the traffic in front of her for a couple of miles to prove a point then pulled in and slowed right down.

Strange. I had a very similar experience in Scotland on holiday, going from Inverness to Culodden on the A86. Group of cars behind a truck doing about 40 Mph, no one overtaking. So I start overtaking but cannot do all in one pass so I get in behind the truck until the next opportunity presents itself, but the woman in the car start making '******' gestures (I presume that is what the index and thumb in a circle moving up and down mean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, or was she making a proposal to me?) and the guy raises his middle finger.
A little further down the road we have to stop, the guy behind gets out and start waling over to my car.
So I get out, he sees how big I am and gets back in his car without a word. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Sometimes being 1m95 and not really ideal weight can be an advantage! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Yep...we all come across this on a daily basis...sometimes people just get iritated that you are making better use of the situation and road than they are.........feck 'em all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

It's an interesting point this. If you are in a queue behind a lorry or some other slow moving traffic and no one infront has the inclination, confidence or power to overtake the fecker is it illegal to overtake a few cars at a time then pull in?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I don't like doing it because invariably you get flashed and/or an obscene gesture from the driver behind after you've pulled in. It p*sses me off to high heaven, just because you want to make progress and have a car quick enough to overtake safely, people seem to think you're a w*nker /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

Phew...you can't beat a good rant can you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Christian

On Saturdays Scottish drive we got a full spectrum of folk from those who flashed at us overtaking in perfectly reasonable places, to those who kindly indicated to allow us to pass, even stopping to do so at one point. We always tried to thank them.

Its not illegal to overtake in that situation, however, it is illegal for them to leave very little space bewteen them and the car/truck in front, thus stopping you pulling in. Just ensure that you don't cause them the brake, as that is deemed as dangerous driving. That won't happen if they don't accelerate to stop you pulling in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

Best thing to do IMO is to wave, not give them the finger as I used to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif and this should cause less tension. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

What ****** me off to no end, are those ******** who come up to a line of cars in the fast lane (usually passing a truck or some slow moving car) and just HAVE to undertake, then force their way in after only getting past 3-4 cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I frequently see people undertake through 2 lanes in order to jump back into the fast lane further down the road /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

But then again, I've found that most German drivers fall in to 2 categories, Pussies and ********. The Pussies are so friggin paranoid that they won't do 1kph over to save their lives, and the ********, well, we all know who THEY are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Luckily I'm not a GERMAN driver, so my driving style doesn't apply /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Yes Colin that's fair comment and something I try to stand by...but it does make you wonder what goes on these raod user's minds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Audigirl - yes you always give way to traffic from your right, I've met a lot of muppets on roundabouts like that who seem to think heading towards the roundabout at speed overwrites that rule /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Agreed Colin - after each of my advanced driving courses I have cleared it but it creeps up again.. have to take deep breaths and accept that making quick safe progress is the priority, not "teaching a lesson" to others /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Just bought a copy of the book at lunchtime. Now all I need is time to read it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif