Meteor Shower Tonight

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Anyone going to be watching this, if so is anyone going to video it or get any pics, I think it would be quite good to see.

Im going to pop out later to see if I can see anything, apparently us Midlanders will be able to get a good view of it.

I'll leave the bedroom curtain open a bit.
day of the triffids started with a meteor shower didn't it ?

low cloud cover :(

Last edited:
Anyone going to be watching this, if so is anyone going to video it or get any pics, I think it would be quite good to see.

Im going to pop out later to see if I can see anything, apparently us Midlanders will be able to get a good view of it.

offer to do the middle of the night feed with mini nilz and you can both pop out and see it lol

i watched it last year when i was on nights and it was pretty amazing :)

Hmmm apparently the weather is going to obscure the view a little and thats a good idea, however i think mini Nilz, will probably freeze out there, so i may just sit in the garden with a nice hot chocolate, cap, slippers and pipe....lol!!! Oh and not forgetting my anorak!!

I'd better wear a hard hat when I take the dog out in a few minutes then ;)

I'm not 100% sure but it starts around midnight in the north direction and we should expect to see one around every 3/4 minutes, so i was told anyway.

Would love to try and get some pics of it but my farty little point & click wouldnt be up to the job but if anyone gets any pics i'd love to see em.

Hmmm apparently the weather is going to obscure the view a little and thats a good idea, however i think mini Nilz, will probably freeze out there, so i may just sit in the garden with a nice hot chocolate, cap, slippers and pipe....lol!!! Oh and not forgetting my anorak!!

lol.....you'll neeed that tartan rug off your parcel shelf as well, it might get chilly later :moa:

Look for Caseopeia, looks like a big "W" in the north east sky, aim for about the seven o clock position below it and you won't be far off. Starts between 10.00pm & 2.00am, peaking at midnight, forecasts expect around 60 an hour at peak.

Lets just hope this cloud shifts.

OK, I went out last night between 1200-1210 just to see what it's all about. All I saw was orangey grey clouds, how disappointing. :slapped:

I went out at about the same time, i didnt see anything either, and to top that i overlay this morning and was late for work lol.

Apparently it is still visible tonight, not as much as yesterday, but still a few..so could try again today.