Make money using your car and your phone!

MikeSel^

Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mikesel.info
I know, there's always at least one post claiming to make you money on every forum you visit. Well I have been a member of this one for just over a week and already my points are starting to add up.

Navizon:

Ever wondered how you could transform the miles you travel into cash in your account. Well, now you can with Navizon rewards.

When you use Navizon with a GPS device, every Wi-Fi access point and Cell tower that you pass by will be logged and turned into points on your account.

15 points for each cellular tower
3 points for each Wi-Fi access point
If they are discovered by you (If you are the first one to map them)
1 point for each Wi-Fi access point
2 points for each cellular tower

If they have already been mapped by someone else
(except in a few areas)

Once you have 10,000 points, you can redeem them for a reward, and $10 will be wired to your Paypal account (minus the Paypal fee in the amount of $0.19).

Note: You may also choose to redeem a reward for a free upgrade to Navizon Premium.

The idea is fairly simple: some users who have GPS enabled phones, or a standalone GPS device map the wireless landscape (ie. the location of Cell towers and Wi-Fi Access Points) wherever they go, so that other users who don’t have GPS will be able to use a positioning system that works independent of GPS.

Instead, location is achieved by triangulating those same Wi-Fi and/or Cellular signals, whose location is now known thanks to the "mappers."

Like in every community, there are the people who do the work and others who benefit from it.

So users who don't want to map any points, but still want the full featured version of Navizon, need to buy it.

But the money is not going in our pockets, it is going in the pockets of those who make Navizon possible, by mapping the wireless landscape wherever they go.

So if you have a Windows Mobile, Blackberry, iPhone or any phone that supports Java sign up using this: link and start earning money now!

I can see the logic and the sales pitch :). I wonder how long it takes to accumulate 10k points? which equates to 6 squids roughly.

Well I have mapped my area, and claimed nearly 2 thousand points in a week. I guess it depends how far you drive each day..

Ok this aint going to make you rich..

Exactly, and lets face it.. I have done hardly any miles around Hull. But for instance when I set off to Audi's in the park I will be driving for nearly 3 hours picking up points all over the place.. All whilst doing nothing but driving.. Money for nothing if you ask me!

However, if you would prefer not to drive around the lovely countryside, get on a bike and do a paper round instead then that's your decision :p

Here's my current stats\area I have covered:

1249741377.bmp

1249741480.bmp

So considering the ground I have covered, just by going about my normal day to day drive I don't think it's that bad!
I will post an update after tomorrows drive.

I'd like to see how much it knocks off the price of your fill up on a tank for the points. I appreciate it wont be much but still, must be worth it mate :) unfortunately I can't make it to AINTP park this year (bro's bday) but will endeavour to make the next s.east meet.

When I first installed it I drove all the way from Portsmouth to Yorkshire.. 7 and a half hours on the road in total, as I had to go via London.. When I got home, I realised I had not activated it DOH!

Real shame as I am sure I would have racked up one hell of a collection!

Epic fail dude! lol

Indeed, and like you say, free money! I guess it lowers the price of a fill-up when covering distance (when you remember to turn it on :p) haha. Great dogs collies! very hyper.

this sounds interesting. what can the points be redeemed against? I have a nokia n95 8gig, which has gps so i think would work? i drive for a living, so could be good.

Hmmmmmmm, just registered and signed in, do I just sign in on my phone and leave it signed in or something? or do I have to download something? Bit confused.

money for nothing & your beer for free, lol.

Good idea tbh, technology, I love it.

Had it for a few days now, got about 600 points just from my usual journeys. So not too bad, although the application did drain my phone battery quite a bit.