Swine Flu

A3Tom

Smell my finger.
Reaction score
My girlfriend was diagnosed with swine flu yesterday.....needless to say I'm not going anywhere near her till thats sorted out. I've not seen her since Friday and feel fine so fingers crossed I can avoid catching it off her (although I'm sure I'll get it...considering how many people I come into contact with).

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

T

eeeeuuuurrrrggghhhhh!!!

Only messing mate, hope she gets well soon,there is LOADS of people that have it and its being treated pretty well, so hopefully all will be good in the hood :)

****, thats crappy. As long as she fit and heathly then she will be fine mate. Get yourself down there to see her now, so you can catch it and get it out of the way before Auids in the Park,lol

Well she's been told to stay in the house for 5 days and her sisters gone to pick her 'tamiflu' up already so she's alright.....just really REALLY bored as she cant go out and do anything. I told her to go out and breath all over chavs but she's having none of it.

She said she doesnt feel too bad, just a bit achey and bit cold. I think I might pay her a visit so I can have next weekend off work :)

T

*** its flu its just got a new name, my mate had it and the doctor said he could have the tami stuff but didn`t need it tbh. 4 days later he was ok.

anyhow it onlys lasts a weeeeeeek

I think as usual the media have hyped this up to the max, infulenza has always been a killer, indeed it killed loads of people back in the 19th century.
If she's fit any healthy, its no worse than normal influenza, the troble with people nowadays is they they have no immune system due to stuffing their faces with drugs at the slightest cough or sneeze.

I'm sure if she's normally fine she'll be ok.

I always try and drink coffee if I feel ill, the caffeine speeds up your metabolism by producting adrenaline, it can help stave off illness.

the caffeine speeds up your metabolism by producting adrenaline, it can help stave off illness.

Thats how high strength painkillers work, lots of caffeine to get the main ingredients into your system.

Well I drink far too much coffee so I'll be alright :)

don't we all....

I should have shares in Starbucks and Costa

At the first signs of flu/cold, I get as much coffee, paracetomol, brufen and Beecham pills down my neck as possible.

Never lost a day to flu or cold in 10 year.

Except Gastric flu.......which made me poo the sofa

cheers

Quincy MD:icon_thumright:

At the first signs of flu/cold, I get as much coffee, paracetomol, brufen and Beecham pills down my neck as possible.

Never lost a day to flu or cold in 10 year.

Except Gastric flu.......which made me poo the sofa

cheers

Quincy MD:icon_thumright:

Eurgh, no need!!.

Touch wood I've not had flu or anything like that for years so I'd be quite ****** off if I caught it!.

T

I have not had a day off work/school through illness in 28 years. I get a sniffle twice a year which last ~24 hours and that's it. Don't drink, don't smoke (anymore!!), and never eat McD/BK/KFC sh*te.

Gym/run/cycle ~4 times a week. Out for golf/cricket at least twice a week. Mind you, I've got a dodgy knee and elbow, but an occasional Ibuprofen sorts that out.

On the swine flu, I know 5 people who have had it, and all said it had no worse symptoms than ordinary flu, so Tom, tell her to hang in there, watch loads of DVDs and eat chocolate on the sofa. She will appreciate you even more when she's better!!

The media are whipping up a frenzy to distract us from the recession and MPs expenses etc...

Cheers,

I could do with a bit of time off work, I have a director and a branch manager off with it this week.....

Unlike you Alistair, I drink, smoke, and love a good KFC..... used to go down the gym till 4 months ago (lady made redundant) and I feel just fine... 2 weeks off work last year due to a crushed disk in my back....was signed off for 6 weeks but signed my self back to work by 2, boardom setin... in 12 years

I could do with a bit of time off work, I have a director and a branch manager off with it this week.....

Unlike you Alistair, I drink, smoke, and love a good KFC..... used to go down the gym till 4 months ago (lady made redundant) and I feel just fine... 2 weeks off work last year due to a crushed disk in my back....was signed off for 6 weeks but signed my self back to work by 2, boardom setin... in 12 years

Ouch on the back. Sorry about the missus. Hope she is back at work soon...

Cheers,

Me and the Mrs have both had a mild dose of it, didn't amount to much and worked through out (mind we do work for ourselves). I was worse with it and mostly over a weekend, just didn't have much energy. So just got on and watch a few DVDs and stuff that we had recorded.

Paul

horrible that gastric i was weeing out of my **** 100 times a day for a week 2 weeks ago was that swine flu ..go figure .....lol

as for swine flu i hope we dont get it my misses is pregnant and we got a 11 month old to .....

hope your misses gets better tom how was it diagnosed how do they know its swine flu ....