EM TuningJMB Retrofits

Thread: Swine Flu

Smell my finger.

Status

Swine Flu

My girlfriend was diagnosed with swine flu yesterday.....needless to say I'm not going anywhere near her till thats sorted out. I've not seen her since Friday and feel fine so fingers crossed I can avoid catching it off her (although I'm sure I'll get it...considering how many people I come into contact with).

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

2. # ADS
    ADS

Banned

Status
    She needs to eat less pork then! (sry, bad gag Tom) only kidding

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    eeeeuuuurrrrggghhhhh!!!

Only messing mate, hope she gets well soon,there is LOADS of people that have it and its being treated pretty well, so hopefully all will be good in the hood

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Arse, thats crappy. As long as she fit and heathly then she will be fine mate. Get yourself down there to see her now, so you can catch it and get it out of the way before Auids in the Park,lol

Smell my finger.

Status
    Well she's been told to stay in the house for 5 days and her sisters gone to pick her 'tamiflu' up already so she's alright.....just really REALLY bored as she cant go out and do anything. I told her to go out and breath all over chavs but she's having none of it.

She said she doesnt feel too bad, just a bit achey and bit cold. I think I might pay her a visit so I can have next weekend off work

T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

thats me

Status
    ffs its flu its just got a new name, my mate had it and the doctor said he could have the tami stuff but didn`t need it tbh. 4 days later he was ok.

anyhow it onlys lasts a weeeeeeek
    red to red black to black blue to bits

My BM is fixed!

Status
    I think as usual the media have hyped this up to the max, infulenza has always been a killer, indeed it killed loads of people back in the 19th century.
    If she's fit any healthy, its no worse than normal influenza, the troble with people nowadays is they they have no immune system due to stuffing their faces with drugs at the slightest cough or sneeze.

I'm sure if she's normally fine she'll be ok.

I always try and drink coffee if I feel ill, the caffeine speeds up your metabolism by producting adrenaline, it can help stave off illness.
    Chris

The problem with common sense, is that its not that common.

See my images @
    http://www.christianfrench.co.uk

Own a dreaded BMW? http://www.bmw-sport.net

Looking for Zombies !!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4Quattro View Post
    the caffeine speeds up your metabolism by producting adrenaline, it can help stave off illness.
    Thats how high strength painkillers work, lots of caffeine to get the main ingredients into your system.

JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

Smell my finger.

Status
    Well I drink far too much coffee so I'll be alright

My BM is fixed!

Status
    don't we all....

I should have shares in Starbucks and Costa
    Chris

The problem with common sense, is that its not that common.

See my images @
    http://www.christianfrench.co.uk

Own a dreaded BMW? http://www.bmw-sport.net

S3 (8P)

Status
    At the first signs of flu/cold, I get as much coffee, paracetomol, brufen and Beecham pills down my neck as possible.

Never lost a day to flu or cold in 10 year.

Except Gastric flu.......which made me poo the sofa

cheers

Quincy MD
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulAr View Post
    At the first signs of flu/cold, I get as much coffee, paracetomol, brufen and Beecham pills down my neck as possible.

Never lost a day to flu or cold in 10 year.

Except Gastric flu.......which made me poo the sofa

cheers

Quincy MD
    Eurgh, no need!!.

Touch wood I've not had flu or anything like that for years so I'd be quite pissed off if I caught it!.

T

5th Gear

Status
    I have not had a day off work/school through illness in 28 years. I get a sniffle twice a year which last ~24 hours and that's it. Don't drink, don't smoke (anymore!!), and never eat McD/BK/KFC sh*te.

Gym/run/cycle ~4 times a week. Out for golf/cricket at least twice a week. Mind you, I've got a dodgy knee and elbow, but an occasional Ibuprofen sorts that out.

On the swine flu, I know 5 people who have had it, and all said it had no worse symptoms than ordinary flu, so Tom, tell her to hang in there, watch loads of DVDs and eat chocolate on the sofa. She will appreciate you even more when she's better!!

The media are whipping up a frenzy to distract us from the recession and MPs expenses etc...

Cheers,
    Alistair

"Why don't you listen to something really classical, like Mozart, Mendelssohn or Motorhead?"
    Arnold Rimmer, 1988

Commuting & Weekend Fun:
    Yamaha YZF-1000R Thunder Ace in Blue/Black

Practical Alternative (Still fun though!!):
    S3 2002/51 AMK Silver, Symphony II + Bose + xCarLink + AndyMac Stealth Sub, Metallic Mirrors, Heated Black Leather, Cruise control.

Neutral

Status
    I could do with a bit of time off work, I have a director and a branch manager off with it this week.....

Unlike you Alistair, I drink, smoke, and love a good KFC..... used to go down the gym till 4 months ago (lady made redundant) and I feel just fine... 2 weeks off work last year due to a crushed disk in my back....was signed off for 6 weeks but signed my self back to work by 2, boardom setin... in 12 years

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstring View Post
    I could do with a bit of time off work, I have a director and a branch manager off with it this week.....

Unlike you Alistair, I drink, smoke, and love a good KFC..... used to go down the gym till 4 months ago (lady made redundant) and I feel just fine... 2 weeks off work last year due to a crushed disk in my back....was signed off for 6 weeks but signed my self back to work by 2, boardom setin... in 12 years
    Ouch on the back. Sorry about the missus. Hope she is back at work soon...

Cheers,
    Alistair

"Why don't you listen to something really classical, like Mozart, Mendelssohn or Motorhead?"
    Arnold Rimmer, 1988

Commuting & Weekend Fun:
    Yamaha YZF-1000R Thunder Ace in Blue/Black

Practical Alternative (Still fun though!!):
    S3 2002/51 AMK Silver, Symphony II + Bose + xCarLink + AndyMac Stealth Sub, Metallic Mirrors, Heated Black Leather, Cruise control.

6th Gear

Status
    Me and the Mrs have both had a mild dose of it, didn't amount to much and worked through out (mind we do work for ourselves). I was worse with it and mostly over a weekend, just didn't have much energy. So just got on and watch a few DVDs and stuff that we had recorded.

Paul
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    horrible that gastric i was weeing out of my arse 100 times a day for a week 2 weeks ago was that swine flu ..go figure .....lol

as for swine flu i hope we dont get it my misses is pregnant and we got a 11 month old to .....

hope your misses gets better tom how was it diagnosed how do they know its swine flu ....