Tenants

JohnboyC

Reaction score
After a cr*p 18 months my tenant has finally vacated my property down south :arco:

Just WISH tenants would look after property that ain't theirs !!!!!!!!!:keule:

...anyone out there got any horror stories ?

i had to do some electrical work in a house that had been rented out to a chinese couple.

the landlord though his luck was in when they paid the 12 months rent up front.
he was shocked to hear by the police his lovely house had been ruined.
the house was used for growing cannabis.
they bypassed the electric meter, knocked holes in to the chimney for the extract, ruined carpets and even knocked down walls.

Tennents_Lager_large.jpg

I prefer stella.

yep, got tenants in the house now, he doesnt want to pay his rent, but doesnt want to get out of the house either... knowing that he couldnt afford the place, he signed a new contract (after living there a year) for another year, but now has not paid me a full months rent in 2 months.

thank god though, he says he's moving out on 5th august, but im not holding my breath. i have new tenants waiting to move in, and they're getting impaitient now...

the new tenants want to move in on the 6th of august, but that gives me only a few hours to put right what the tenant now has done wrong (painted walls, taken doors down, made numerous holes everywhere, all without permission!!!).

its a headache with tenants, if only they would treat the house right!

does anybody know, if i sign a new contract with the new tenants, but the other fella doesnt move out, where does that leave me?

Jheet, get the baseball bat out, get the lads together and boot him out, keep his belongings for payment of rent and damage caused, then scrap the contract.....what contract??????

hahaha i wish i could but i dont think it will go down to well with the police!!!

Oh well, worth a try, after all it is your house and they are not paying you rent to live there..... ;)

i've checked with the estate agents that got me the tenants, apparently i have no rights!!! i have to go through solicitors etc if he doesnt move out on the 5th... its a head ache, would have sold the house but prices are still rubbish!

What a bummer!!!!

Your house and you cant do anything about it, what a joke!!!

Just get onto the tenants and tell them now that you have involved solicitors to get your money back and see if that makes a difference.

dsmclark, my dad also told me to cut the gas and electricity, but i cant really do that to a woman with young children. i just heard today the man and wife are now separated, thats the reason he cant afford the rent. hopefully he goes, if not, ill have to disconnect everything...

Well, I gave my tenants notice to quit late last year (due to non payment of rent), so should of been out by the end of feb......they did not leave, so letting agents had to take them to court.....2 months later court gave them 2 weeks to leave.....they still did not leave....so letting agents went back to court to apply for bailiffs....

So its taken 7 months to get these people out........fortunantly I have only lost a months rent over the whole thing, and as I pay "Letsure" landlords insurance...somone else has paid all the court costs...

In my opinion, tenants have FAR to many rights.....and the property owners rights are diminishing by the day - all brought on by those politically correct tw*ts in the Houses of Parliament...

Next step is to get £2K's worth or repairs done to the house which have been caused over the past 18 months and get new tenant in asap.......THe tenants deposit will cover about a third of the repair costs :shrug: Shame that I am not an MP so I could make a dodgy expenses claim to cover it eh !

SO, over the past 2 years I have probably broken even, as any money I have made has had to go back into the house to keep the house in a good state of repair. As a landlord I have got anything that needed doing the property sorted immediately (I know some dodgy landlords are really bad and drag their feet getting things fixed - but not me)

Top tips for propective landlords

1) No electrical items
2) No white goods
3) Completely unfurnished

If you do not do 1), 2) & 3) you as a landlord are liable for any of the stuff that goes wrong or gets broken (something I have learnt to my cost as I have had to replace all the white goods over the past 12 months).

From now on, no more Mr nice guy....failure to pay rent on the due date = 2 months notice to quit :whip:(I have been mega lenient in the past - and I have found that being Mr Nice Guy and lenient means tenants just take the **** !)

Last edited:
From now on, no more Mr nice guy....failure to pay rent on the due date = 2 months notice to quit :whip:(I have been mega lenient in the past - and I have found that being Mr Nice Guy and lenient means tenants just take the **** !)

Sadly this seems to be the case these days with more and more things, You given them an inch and they take a mile :gun2: