On-line registration open for NRA Open Day on Saturday, September 5

Neilybabs

Reaction score
I'm well up for this, used to mark the rifle targets here years ago and have been to a couple of open days. Got this reminder through on my email today. It's a great day out, if people are interested we could arrange a meet...

As a previous Bisley NRA Open Day visitor we wanted to give you advance notice that on-line registration is open as the NRA Open Days continue to be sell-outs and bookings are already coming in strong and fast for September's event.

With the guidance of expert instructors you may like to try your hand at different shooting activities, or improve on your previous scores! We will have over 12 types of firearms available including:

Shotguns
Full-bore and smallbore rifles
Muzzle loading pistols and shotguns
Classic and historic firearms
Civilian service and practical rifles
Sharps, Winchester and Buffalo rifles

As you know, you can bring friends and family (who don't have to be NRA members) but it is essential that you pre-register as you will not be able to register on the day.

For full details go to www.nra.org.uk home page and click on 'Bisley ticket sales and information for participants'

or click onto the following link http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/calendar/events.asp?site=NRA&mode=view&id=2107

This is defo one for Paul (Sidibear)

I wouldn't have minded going but it's my wedding anniversary that day so I best not!

This is defo one for Paul (Sidibear)

You would have thought so.. :laugh:

I shoot Bisley a couple of times a year and to be honest, the open day is ok if you have never shot before and would like to give it a go.

I shoot the 300yrds, 500yrds and the 1000yrds with the same rifle wearing jeans and a tee shirt. Apparently according to the NRA you are supposed to use a different rifle for each distance and wear an expensive leather multicoloured shooting jacket.

There are those that shoot because they enjoy it (like me)and there are those that do it because it involves comitees and rules, a lot of retail and they are crap at golf.

If you fancy trying shooting, we can organise a corporate evening at my range in Saltley, usually £15 a person, I will get it for about £12 each. Needs about 6 - 8 people, and you will shoot, .22lr, .38 gallery rifle and maybe my earthquake cannon :rock:

LOL Earthquake cannon....that sounds like fun!!

Although my missus does sometimes say I have an earthquake making machine as part of my anatomy!!! :fart:

Earthquake cannon, i've never heard two more manly words together!

I'm up for a Satley meet Paul, i've just realised that i can't do Bisley as i'm watching Wasps vs London Irish @ the opening game of the season.

Maybe we should start a new thread for a meet?

Oh yes, the earthquake cannon. .454 Casull long barrelled revolver but shooting downpowered ammo because its an indoor range.

Full powered .454Casull ammo has three times the power of a .44 Magnum:respekt:
You will need to wear eye protection due to the shockwave:laugh:

Last edited: