Euro's

I've not looked currently, but I've always found the Post Office to be as good as anywhere.

I've not looked currently, but I've always found the Post Office to be as good as anywhere.

Cool, there's one down the road, I shall enquire. My online searches are pointing towards Tesco's and Post office, just thought maybe you guys know of somewhere with better rates. Only approx 1.1Eur to the pound though which is disappointing compared to 1.45 a few years ago.

I changed money earlier this week and RBS rate was marginally better than the Post Office - can order over the phone and they deliver, no commission either.

I wouldnt go to the post office tbh, we recently went to amsterdam and was quoted 1.14 from the post office, but the local thompson paid out 1.19. (may time)

Granted not a huge difference but hey it all counts, if id have changed more cash then would have got an even better exchange rate.

I'll let the mrs use her euros given she's in italy as she happily uses my pounds when she's here, lol.

See what the rates are for exchanging in France, sometimes you get a better exchange rate at your destination, also if your with Nationwide I think you get free withdrawals from foreign cash machines tho I heard that might be discontinued...

also use Nationwide, you get better rates and its a free service hope they dont stop it as I know they have stopped free stuff on the credit card

If you plan on using a credit card - apply for the Santander One Card, it is one of the few credit cards that does not charge a fee if you use it abroad.

Went with the Post Office in the end, as I left it a bit late, the rate wasn't too bad anyways, and I was changing cash anyways. ;)

Have a good time at Disneyland! :icon_thumright:

yea i went to USA about 20 years ago as well and it was awesome, we were planning on going as a couple last year, but then decided to wait and go with the little un in a few years, so as you can imagine, I cant wait!!!

However, i may get stopped from going on some of the rides, for not being tall enough.....lol!!!!