Chris NottMonster Motorsport

Status

Uplifting job loss news - for a change

"Funding cuts by Transport for London (TfL) mean that staff at one of the country's largest speed and traffic camera units could face job losses.
    The budget for London speed cameras has been slashed The budget for London Safety Camera Partnership (LSCP) has been cut from 5.9 million to 3 million by TfL."

Kind of begs the question why they need funding at all as they are supposed to be self funding. Even the safety camera partnerships are so badly run they can't profit from the millions of 60 fines they issue.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    don't the fines go to the Goverment ?
    Good News anyway

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yeah to pay for fat, jobless, lazy feckers who cant be arsed to get a job cause the dole is to lenient on them, can they walk to the bank to collect there dole money, yes, good, means they can walk to a job, make them pick up rubbish or whatever to earn there dole money, might make this country cleaner, I bet if they were forced to clean toilets etc they would soon get a job.

Traffic cams IMHO cause more accidents, you know the ones I respect are the warning ones upon entering towns, villages as I do honestly slow down if I am tad to fast, I respect them as its not trying to cane your wallet & gentle reminder, where as you immediately get pissed off when you see these traffic cams, maybe if they spent the money on the roads that they spend on cams then this country might be getting somewhere.

Its weird huh, why do they allow cars that can do 155mph when the highest allowed speed is 70mph does make you wonder why they dont allow restriction on roads cars, one reason, revenue, its a stupid approach cause if they had restricted speed cars then I would hazard a guess the carbon footprints would be less & as we're in this green era now this would help to address this issue.

Lots of things they could do, but they dont, pathetic, absolutely pathetic goverments.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Of course, if we all drove within the law and kept to speed limits, no one would get any fines, and the Government would get jacksh!t.

We're just an easy target, and all these cars that can do 155+ is the reason why they are milking it!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Of course, if we all drove within the law and kept to speed limits, no one would get any fines, and the Government would get jacksh!t.

We're just an easy target, and all these cars that can do 155+ is the reason why they are milking it!
    Lets not forget that this 70mph speed limit was set around 30 years ago when it took modern cars a football pitch to brake from 30mph!

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    at the end of the day its all about the money , burn em all .....and the government

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    Lets not forget that this 70mph speed limit was set around 30 years ago when it took modern cars a football pitch to brake from 30mph!
    there was 259 cars involved in a pileup on a german motorway modern technology did not prevent that it was driving too fast too close together in very heavy rain common sence could of prevented it but not modern cars

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yendall, come on, we all know german roads are just test beds for vag etc cars to see if they're upto crash test pass rates etc, so they can sell to rest of world, lol, why else would they have zero speed limit roads, lol, you think germany's bad, italian drivers are fecking nut cases man, absolutely of there trolleys.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Yendall, come on, we all know german roads are just test beds for vag etc cars to see if they're upto crash test pass rates etc, so they can sell to rest of world, lol, why else would they have zero speed limit roads, lol, you think germany's bad, italian drivers are fecking nut cases man, absolutely of there trolleys.
    my point exactly speed limits are needed to TRY and stop the idiots out there although from what i see there not very successful

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    lol, very true, but why 200mph car then if we have limits, goverments are useless man, oh well need cameras etc for safe roads, ye course we do, just limit the damn cars then you'll see road deaths come down, idiots