Karting for kids in South East?

Mikebabs1

Reaction score
Hi all,

My son is keen to do karting for his birthday this year, so I'm looking into options. He'll be 11 in October, and we live near Bromley, Kent.

I've had a look around on the internet and come across the following places so far ...

Surbiton Raceway - £220.00
Buckmore Park - £182.00
Bayford Meadows - £175.00
Streatham Kart Raceway - £215.00
Sandown Park - £240.00

Some of the above are for 30 mins karting and some are 1 hour, and are for between 4 and 10 kids. I was hoping to pay up to £200 for minimum of 1 hour for 5-10 kids.

Does anyone have any experience of organised parties (or just in general) at these places, or suggestions of any alternatives in London/Kent/Surrey/Sussex?

I've been to Buckmore and Surbiton before, though not for children's parties!!

Was also thinking that "in the current economic climate" (I hate that phrase) that it might be possible to haggle down a bit, what do you reckon?

Cheers all.

Mike

Out of the list you've put up, I'd go for Buckmore. Raced there loads of times and I think its a fantastic track!

You can go on the karting website and search for tracks around you. It's got all the tracks in the UK so it'll give you more choices.

As for the haggling, I'd be very suprised if you'll be able to get it at a lower price. But then again, you don't ask, you don't get.

Coss

Thanks mate. I do like Buckmore, it's just the fact that it's only 30mins of racing that puts me off, especially given the distance to get there from my place.

Cheers

Mike

Yea, when you start looking at proper karting tracks that are used for the British Championships, then you won't be getting much for your money. You'll get better value from other low key tracks.

Coss.

p.s. Yay me and my 1000th post!!! :)

Last edited: