windows mp 11

Reaction score
ok i got my desktop pc tp play dvds ok but I can`t remember what I did and can`t get the laptop to play dvds with wmp11. Its just a codec isn` it ??? but with 3 hrs sleep and a 2 year old insisting pooh bear has to be on the laptop .... help pls :(

Install K-Lite codec pack:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=5286&s=775

When you install:

• click next x3
  • deselect Players
  • next x2
  • select all the file associations you want for WMP (all recommended)
  • scroll down and select 'make thumbnail generation...' for all
You should then be able to play pretty much anything with WMP including DVDs.

ok I get sound no pic says your computer is running low on memory, quit other programs and try again.

nothing else running as far as I know :(

Not a clue mate to be honest. You shouldn't be running low on RAM with 4GB and nothing else running!

lol have a look at your task manager and see how much ram is being used and whats using it.

My laptop came preinstalled with a DVD prog called Cyberlink Power DVD - I imagine that is downloadable, is it worth giving that a go until you get it sorted out?

You may need one of the add on decoders, Nvidia or Cyberlink etc.

I had to add the Nvidia one to my desktop only yesterday

thanks for the replys, back at work now so will try to look at it again this weekend, I got VLC working so the daughter was happy for the whole 2 mins she watched a DVD lol

lol yeah..if you cant get it to play..VLC usually makes it happen! hasnt let me down once. winamp is quite good now as well, well the latest release is IMO

I have to say although I've had VLC in the past I haven't bothered installing it since I found the K-Lite codec pack.

Perhaps there's some underlying problem with the settings but if it works then it works!