Audi coupe 16v anyone??

Aytonkid

Reaction score
Hi, I've been looking to buy an audi 80 coupe 16v for about 3 months now but all the ones I've seen are in poor condition. My poor scirocco is now on its last legs and needs to retire to the scrap yard in the sky! Is anyone looking to sell a coupe one with preferably less than 80k? I'm after a 1995/1996 model. Good money paid if you have a nice one!! Cheers all.

Aytonkid

Can't help you as I sold mine several years ago, but a good solid car. Watch out for steering and suspension bushes wearing and the timing chain gets very noisy in this engine. It has a chain on one cam and a belt on the other (one at front of engine, one at rear). The chain gets sloppy and the idle can sound very clattery although it almost always disappears under load. About £250-400 to change belt and chain at an independant.

Avoid solid red, it fades very badly after 5 years, so will therefore affect all the cars you will be looking at.

Ok, cheers for that! I'll be ok with timing belt, suspension etc - can do all the work myself. I was aware of the timing belt/chain setup which doesn't sound too hard to do. I've heard of the suspension bush problem - is this the suspension bottom ball joints or the tracking ball joints?? Would be a good thing to know when I finally find a car worth buying (maybe use this as a bargaining tool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Thanks again