asn google map

10blazin

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED
Reaction score
is it me or is this thing one of the stupidest ideas ever guys takes your name off the board

theif : we need to nick an s4 tonight

other thief : o lets go on asn and look the thread finds some nice ones and if there nieve enough they will have put the name on the map it tells you what cars are where and it will take us straight to the front door

thief : that a bit nieve isnt it lol

other : thief i know lol now lets go ....:lmfao:

You have a very good point. Anyone can potentially see where you live and where your car is parked by zooming down to street level. If they search further they'll know what mods you have (and your lifestyle). Thieves want to know everything about their target victim.

You might want to post this in the Site Suggestion section to see what the admin/mods make of this. I reckon this is pretty serious.

Can someone explain what this is? ASN on Google map???

i dont mean on google earth , at the top idgos where it says google map people can put a dot where they live and a pic of there car if you havent done it then youve nothing to worry about

this is what i mean ... i just think its really stupid

http://audi-sport.net/vb/vbgooglemapme.php

I see what you mean - that is a car crime online shopping list! :tocktock:

I see what you mean - that is a car crime online shopping list! :tocktock:

i know i find it really crazy that people put there details on it .

I just hope its shut down tbh theres alot of cars on there

Thats why you don't put the exact location you live in. At the end of the day you are on a public forum, publicly submitting information about yourself on a daily basis. It's been there since the last revamp ( a few years) and and no one has been stalked using it as far as i am aware

Thats why you don't put the exact location you live in. At the end of the day you are on a public forum, publicly submitting information about yourself on a daily basis.

This is so true,if given time I'm sure I could find a few peeps locations and also you drive the car in public to and from home so the same applies.
I agree with Byzan and cannot see the problem

As Byzan A4, voorhees and others have suggested:

1) You don't HAVE to put your details into it - you're not on it unless YOU go to the page and place a pin.
2) YOU'RE daft if you put the pin RIGHT on the address your car is regularly parked.
3) It's been there a few years, and to our knowledge there's been no ill effect, and we presumed that was because points one and two above had bases covered...

Regards,

Rob.