Witnessed a carpark accident.

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
I saw a car(new'ish BMW 1-series) try to park in a tight space before my eyes, it was obvious he wasn't going to make it in unless he reversed into the space. Unfortunately for him, in his attempt to manouver into it head first, he made a mistake reversing and caught both his left front and rear door on a Classic style Merc C-Class doing substancial damage to his car and putting a scrape mark onto the Merc front bumper.
Realising his mistake, he quickly reversed out and parked somewhere else in the carpark, and whilst I was laughing my socks off, I didn't catch the reg neither.

This is the part where I drive off and go home, should I have gone looking for the culprit to get the reg and stick a not one the Merc windshield?

What would have you guys done?

Yes mate, c'mon, how would you feel if it was your car it happened to??

I have to agree JoJo, thats a tad unfair man, you could of said something to the guy & left a note on the mercs shield, if was your car imagine how you'd feel coming back to the car & find the damage.

Does the car park have cctv?

Unless I was in a particularly bad mood, or a huge hurry, I would like to think I'd have had a look around, found the car, made a note of the reg and stuck it on the screen of the damaged car.......

I'd have been in a bad mood watching the guy doing it, just the pure audacity the guy did it, drove of & still parked in the car park, I mean wtf is with with people these days, no conscience, I bet the guy was an MP

Thats a must be common place as my mate witnessed similar incident a few days ago,he made a note of make/model/plate and waited for the owner to return to tell them and gave his number if any witness was required.I would of done the same.

oh and I've been on the receiving end of this as well.barstewards

Thats a must be common place as my mate witnessed similar incident a few days ago,he made a note of make/model/plate and waited for the owner to return to tell them and gave his number if any witness was required.I would of done the same.

If for whatever reason you can't wait around you can always take the index's involved down and report them to the local Police station - then hopefully when the owner of the damaged car rings in they will be able to obtain the offending drivers details ;)

I bet you're kicking yourself now eh Jo......

No CCTV as far as I'm aware guys, it's the public carpark round the back of the shops in Shirley, I was on my home with the missus in the car who insisted I just go home, but I couldn't help thinking about it on the way home, hence making this post.

Hey it was your choice & not our business I guess, but if I get anything from you of the forum its your conduct & its always spot on, so maybe a note or word in the guys earhole to say report it or I will would have been appropriate, anyway to late now

BMW reg plate noted and placed on the mercs windscreen with contact details is what I'd have done.

BMW reg plate noted and placed on the mercs windscreen with contact details is what I'd have done.

Second that. I witnessed the same thing last year and stuck my details on the victims car to ring me so I could give him the vehicle's details. The lady got prosecuted in the end and the victim was very thankful of the info just like I would have been.

Anyways guys, I missed the reg, but if you see a silver 5 door BMW 1-series with dented left hand side front and rear doors in Shirley/Solihull area, that's your man!

Second that. I witnessed the same thing last year and stuck my details on the victims car to ring me so I could give him the vehicle's details. The lady got prosecuted in the end and the victim was very thankful of the info just like I would have been.

Kudos mate cause its complete tossers like her that make it so irrate out there, its like turf wars when you're in your car these days, people dont move over, when you overtake they give you the finger, I mean for damns sake whats wrong with people, I overtake you in my derv & you have to be so damn rude, madness man, no consciences anymore.

One of those moments where you think back "if only i'd" ...

I hate people like this.. i would have followed him to his new parking place and given him an earful. Happend to my m8s car once in tescos car park, luckily one of the trolley dudes saw the whole thing and gave us the reg..

Some people in this country alhd83hekqnwe01wlknd.

It's against the law to leave the scene of an accident, especially if you're involved but as a witness I'm not sure. It'd be possible to remain anonymous but to substantiate the claim the victim may require corroboration from a witness.
Personally, I'd have left a note stating who the culprit was and my mobile number.

It happed to me, i had only been driving for a couple of years and being young and stupid i made the mistake and claimed on my insurance and it went up by over £500.
so if anybody had left me a note i would have been very grateful

I'd have been in a bad mood watching the guy doing it, just the pure audacity the guy did it, drove of & still parked in the car park, I mean wtf is with with people these days, no conscience, I bet the guy was an MP

Haha brilliant!!

saw the same thing on a car park near me 2 yrs ago i new the person that did it they didnt see me in their rush to get away so i left their details name and where they work under the wiper wouldnt like it done to me:angrymod:

Had exactly the same thing happen to me 2 weeks ago in the multi storey. I'd have loved to have found the other cars details on my windscreen but no such luck. Me personally, I just couldn't drive of leaving the owner to find his pride and joy damaged like that.
Car goes in next week for 3 days while the bumper is repainted :banghead: