Anyone regret changing their car

yendall24

Reaction score
hi all i have recently bought an audi a6 avant 2.8 quattro with an lpg conversion fantastic car full black leather cashmere grey metalic 110.000 mile absolutely beutiful electric sun roof all the whistles and bells brand new tyres . and guess what i dont like it i cant put my finger on the reason why it just dont feel right nothing wrong with the car its a minter but its just not for me i have always had diesel cars and fancied a change i still have my a4 1.9 tdi so i took it for a drive and i loved it nowhere near as as smooth in fact it seems quite rough in comparison but i loved the drive so now i have a beutiful a6 quattro avant for sale

Maybe your just used to the diesel..... Apart from that i cant fathom it , Or is it just that its hitting your pocket harder lol

no its not that lpg is 48p a litre dont understand it myself i think its maybe the a4 is smaller and feels nippier especialy when the turbo kicks in with the cheap lpg its working out about 45 to 50 mpg monetary equivilant which is very good for a 2.8 quattro

i think you have to just get used to the a6 its a more refind kinda car more a motor way cruiser bigger not as good at throwing about ....maybe you should of got an s3 sportback you wouldnt be saying that ehn noooooo waaaaay you would be buzzing .......

I know how you feel, for some reason I just don't like my A3, i'm thinking its because its an auto and i'm sure i've gone off diesel .. i'm looking a Focus St's Astra VXRs or possibly an A4 either cabriolet or saloon. I'm bored of black too.

I miss my old Golf..

Spent £6k tricking it out but the 1.4 engine was just too slow for me.

But the attention it use to get - loved it..

I miss my old 1.4 206. My first ever car and it was really fun to drive. I was gonna keep it till I had to spend 600 quid to repair the exhaust and engine. So decided to get rid of it. But I do miss driving a petrol occasionally.

At times i miss my Astra GTE16V Mk2

My number plate reads VX51CKY

One of the people I work with suggested it might be worth a few bob.

VV51CKY is worth £2200!

What do you think?

Worth paying the enquiry fee of £20 to find a current market value?

I'd need to buy another plate to repalce it if I sold it which would eat a fair bit of the cost!

thoughts!

Spent months hunting for a CRX Vtec years back, found one local,drove it, didnt like it much, foolishly bought it anyway, because it took ages to find. Not the wisest thing I ever did.:think:
Was Ok I suppose, but only kept it a few months and traded it for a Corrado losing a load of money.

I had a 1999 toyota corrolla and loved it, sold it to buy my last Audi and i've missed it ever since, should have just kept it for a second car.

My number plate reads VX51CKY

One of the people I work with suggested it might be worth a few bob.

VV51CKY is worth £2200!

What do you think?

Worth paying the enquiry fee of £20 to find a current market value?

I'd need to buy another plate to repalce it if I sold it which would eat a fair bit of the cost!

thoughts!

Not sure what your plate is worth Andy, but what has it got to do with 'anyone regret changing their car'? lol

Spent months hunting for a CRX Vtec years back, found one local,drove it, didnt like it much, foolishly bought it anyway, because it took ages to find. Not the wisest thing I ever did.:think:
Was Ok I suppose, but only kept it a few months and traded it for a Corrado losing a load of money.

What didn't you like about the CRX Vtec(I'm guessing you mean an EF Coupe model as opposed to the transtog EG model)? Great machines, I wouldn't mind one as a runaround, but unmolested ones in good nick are hard to find like you say.

Dont regret changing mine, i pick my A4 3.0 V6 TDi S-Line quattro (233bhp) up on friday and simply cannot wait! i shall be in the thing all day!:hubbahubba:

I regret selling my Mark 2 Golf GTI, even till today!!!

Stupidly PX'ed it for a Mark 3 GTI, always thought the Mk2 was so much better in every single way!!

Oh well, hopefully one day soon, another Mk2 will sit on my drive :)

Yeah MK2 GTI 16v was the nuts interms of speed, ****** on my MK3 GTI which prompted me to buy the 1st of number of VR6's, lol.

But not once have I regretted selling any car, as much as I loved my treasured S3 everything has its time & pastures new, each car I get wiser with apparently, lol, my love affair with vag cars started in 97/98 & havnt looked back since.

Well I sold 2 cars when I got the S3...wanted something inbetween the 2. Dont miss the Fabia TDI I had as the everyday car but miss the wee track/weekend polo I had. It released the child in me that the S3 doesnt do lol.

Not sure what your plate is worth Andy, but what has it got to do with 'anyone regret changing their car'? lol

What didn't you like about the CRX Vtec(I'm guessing you mean an EF Coupe model as opposed to the transtog EG model)? Great machines, I wouldn't mind one as a runaround, but unmolested ones in good nick are hard to find like you say.

Yeah, the wedge shape one with the glass tailgate, in Red like this one.

HONDA_Civic-CRX-1988_main.jpg

Was just too gutless, too peaky, couldnt get comfortable in the seats, wheels were too skinny so grip was iffy particularly in the wet.
I traded it for a MK2 Astre GTE16V at the time, which had the usual, Induction Kit, Exhaust , lowered & Uprated, 16" Wheels (Yes 16"!!) and the Astra felt quicker.
Should have kept the Astra really.

The CRX looked great though, and still does IMO, and was much more premium than the Astra.

If you are looking to get one I would try the seats first to make sure you can get comfy in them, then change the wheels, and try and get the Jade bluey metallic colour like this one.

Then you would have a cool little car.
Watch for rust though, I had my rear quarter painted twice because of the dreaded tinworm!

Good luck

Paul

I sold my Sapphire Cosworth to get an S3 and I don't regret it, but I do miss the speed!