Badger5Sky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

yellow box junction cameras

hi there ppl, i was driving through greenford near harrow in london but had to stop in a yellow box junction because the guy ahead wudnt move forward, are all yellow box junctions in london monitored by cctv, and if they are are there signs which show that cameras are in operation?

im really nervous that i may get a fine

can anyone help?

thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Speeding in reverse gear

Status
    I think they are monitored by cctv mainly, so the operator would have to spot you and record the offence (not all are automated). As far as I know, not all box junctions are monitored, so it depends on where it is you stopped. Central London is the worst for this, but then I never stop in the middle of the junction to find out.

Hope it blows over for you.

aythree
    Quote Originally Posted by MoAudi1.8T View Post
    hi there ppl, i was driving through greenford near harrow in london but had to stop in a yellow box junction because the guy ahead wudnt move forward, are all yellow box junctions in london monitored by cctv, and if they are are there signs which show that cameras are in operation?

im really nervous that i may get a fine

can anyone help?

thanks
    Just as a note, you are allowed to enter a box junction and wait in it if you are going to be turning right.
    But if going straight on then it's not allowed.

However, if you could see that there was enough room on the other side of the box junction for the car in front and yours then I reckon you'll be ok.
    You may receive a ticket but just appeal on the grounds that there was enough room for both cars to pass over the box junction but the idiot in front prevented that by stopping short.

Doubt you'll receive anything though. They'd be sending out 1000's of tickets cos people stop in box junctions all day long.
    If there was a mobile camera car then it might have been a different story though.

Relax

1st Gear

Status
    cheers guys, i hate paying for fines, i think i need to relax lol, im that type of guy that gets paranoid over things like that,i guess its just me lol. ill let u guys know the outcome

Status

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MoAudi1.8T View Post
    cheers guys, i hate paying for fines
    Hey Mo, I think we are all the same as you