EM TuningVolks Autos
    Dude, what's mine say ?

Status

E-bay VAGCOM Cables

Hi All - I keep borrowing my friends Vagcom cable but I want one of my own but can't really justify spending Ł200 odd on a genuine cable from rosstech. I was wondering if anyone out there is selling a genuine one or has anyone bought one off e-bay and if so any chance of providing me with a link to the same seller as you got yours from...... there seems to be loads!!!

This is one I have seen that is despatched from the UK and not Hong Kong. What do you guy's think ?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-VAG-COM-40...3A1%7C294%3A50
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    You will find few people on the forum recomended counterfeit/copy leads. They dont always work, sometimes they only work for a while. They also cant be used with the latest software from RossTech, I've heard that downloading it can render leads useless in some cases.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Administrator

Status
    Khufu's hit the nail squarely on the head. You're always well in the 'brave' range of things when you don't buy genuine Ross Tech. I had all kinds of home-built and third-party leads before I bought a HEX-USB+CAN, and once I went 'genuine' I wondered what I'd been doing messing around with the copies for so long...

Regards,

Rob.
    The truth they're trying to keep from you is that IPv6 has nothing to do with address space; we're actually running out of full stops.

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    better just get the genuine one.

I had an ebay one which I used with VagCom 409.1 version and bought the license. You can use only up to version 409.1 and must be on one laptop/pc only. Cannot be moved.

I finally bought a genuine cable and it's definitely worth it. All latest updates and can use it on any pc/laptop I want
    ^^ In my opinion

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Again let me put this in perspective for those who cant justify Ł200+, audi 5052 unit Ł5k, VCDS version Ł260, now is thats not a bargain then I must be reading it wrong & also note the guys at audi using 5052 units dont have all the access we can get with RT leads, eg. security access to modules like as a recent visit showed me & I had to complete the mod by myself with RT lead/software that dealer couldnt do.

Pot luck, either they will just not work, go faulty in use & have been not often but known to cause issues on cars modules, also when updating the leads they go wrong & stop functioning completely, also note dependent on your car they wont allow access to all modules/features so you could be restricted.

Also note updates will always to date work with your genuine leads & have always been free, support is free to date, IMHO cheap ebay leads dont save you money at all cause the times you cant get it to work & cant access modules is lost time, same old equation TIME = MONEY, thus costs you more in long run to use cheap leads.

Lesson ends.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

2nd Gear

Status
    I echo NHN's comments but and its a big but i saw a friend using http://www.ecutool.com/productshow.a...id=3501&sorts= with version 805 no problem so i got one an its absolutely brilliant.
    2009- Phantom Black A3 S Line Black Edt 2.0T
    2008 - 2009 Emocian red Seat Ibiza FR TDi running p-torque stage 1 (STOLEN)
    2005 - 2008 Black Magic 1.4 Seat Ibiza Sport (PX ed)

5th Gear

Status
    I bought this one: Not had it long, but resolved the issue I had, unplug the "passenger Air-Bag is off light", from the radio, causing the airbag warning light to come on, needed it reset.

This did the job for me nicely.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Diagnostic-Sca...3A1%7C294%3A50
    ----------
    VW Passat 2.0 TDI Sport
    2005 - 55 reg.

A4 Avant 1.8T Sport - Sold March 09
    1997 - R reg.

Speeding in reverse gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Again let me put this in perspective for those who cant justify Ł200+, audi 5052 unit Ł5k, VCDS version Ł260, now is thats not a bargain then I must be reading it wrong & also note the guys at audi using 5052 units dont have all the access we can get with RT leads, eg. security access to modules like as a recent visit showed me & I had to complete the mod by myself with RT lead/software that dealer couldnt do.

Pot luck, either they will just not work, go faulty in use & have been not often but known to cause issues on cars modules, also when updating the leads they go wrong & stop functioning completely, also note dependent on your car they wont allow access to all modules/features so you could be restricted.

Also note updates will always to date work with your genuine leads & have always been free, support is free to date, IMHO cheap ebay leads dont save you money at all cause the times you cant get it to work & cant access modules is lost time, same old equation TIME = MONEY, thus costs you more in long run to use cheap leads.

Lesson ends.
    1000% - went the cheap route originally and unless you want a disposable cable, I suggest getting the original.