Web design

Reaction score
For my sins, I have upgraded to a 'geuine' version of Vista Home.

I have my own web pages which I create so that friends and family can view our photographs which I create using Windows Front Page. When I was using a non genuine version of XP :angrymod:, it was fine, but now I am having problems. Whenever I upload a photogallery onto the page, then save, the computer freezes.

Does anyone know of a forum which may be able to get assistance or better still does anyone have any suggestions for a software package which is very easy to use (I am not a programmer) which will work fine with Vista.

Thanks very much!

Adobe Dreamweaver (you may have heard of that in your time of using frontpage?) It's a superior package to that of Front Page (though I can understand you want something basic) Have a look at the Adobe CS packages.

Or you could have a search online as I am positive there are 'template sites / software' out there that you can use to build basic websites. Maybe have a look at the likes of Joomla

Failing that you could learn some basic <html>

Does vista not come with any basic software preinstalled on it for making basic webpages? I can't remember in the time I've used vista if it does or doesn't.

These days you can make web pages out of anything - even ms word documents! Madness!

Hopefully that will help you a little bit?

Good luck!

Rob

As above, I would recomend content management systems like Joomla.

Many sites are built on this as a back end and there's thousands of templates\tutorials and mods available for it.

Theres plenty of gallery modules for it.

I am currently building one - its far from complete as I tend to spend more time building other peoples than my own, But you can check it out to see whats possible.

http://www.mikesel.info/

In the space of an hour I could have a Joomla site with template up, with user details set up so all you have to do is logon and post articles\pictures etc.

There are other methods available to achieve a similar goal.

But I would forget about expensive software for your PC and manage it all online through a CMS

There are many CMS's available, it depends what you want really.

Also - some webhosts now include 'one click scripts' to automatically install and configure things like Joomla for you.

If you want a hand setting up a CMS let me know!

Thanks guys. I will have a look and see what suits me. I understand very small amounts of html, but should start looking to expanding my knowledge.

I don't think Vista has any sort of package. Front Page comes with office.

Thanks again

:rock: