Scratched Glass - Any ideas?

MikeSel^

Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mikesel.info
Hello All

By the looks of my front windscreen the previous owner used a scouring pad to get bugs off!!

I have swirls on my windscreen!!!

Is there anything I can do, besides replacing it obviously? I would rather spend the excess I would have to pay for the windscreen or more exciting things :thumbsup:

the previous owner to my car has scratched a big arc on the windscreen with a duff wiper blade, and i was told to get 'jewellers rouge' so i did from ebay for a bout a fiver. its a red powder although i havent used it yet, so cant comment on how good it is!

Ahh great, cheers for that.. I'll have to invest!

It wasn't so much of a problem over winter, as we didnt see much sun. But now it's starting to get on my nerves!

I'll let you know how I get on if I beat you to the application lol

Thanks for that, ill have a read.

I have ordered the Jewlers stuff from ebay, nice and cheap as suggested.

So Ill try that method first, as I dont have the tools to do the 2nd method.. So I may invest if the first method fails.

Thanks

Thanks for that, ill have a read.

I have ordered the Jewlers stuff from ebay, nice and cheap as suggested.

So Ill try that method first, as I dont have the tools to do the 2nd method.. So I may invest if the first method fails.

Thanks

let us know how it works out.

Glass is a very hard compund and I would be surprised if the red stuff really works.

Some people suggest using toothpaste.

Glass polishing should eb left to experts imo as improper work on it might result in the glass thinning and making the windscreen weak

If you are fully insured and has windscreen covered (without affetcing your claim)...

....buy a hammer :undwech:

Thanks for the advice (putting me off lol)

I am fully insured but it carries an excess so wont be cheap.. If I have to pay the excess I would rather live with the scratches..

I will give the stuff a go once I have a rotary, and if all goes wrong I will start chipping away